eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 187 FirstFirst 12345678910111252102 ... LastLast

Thread: What A Mighty God we Serve!

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by youmeus View Post
    It sounds like this is a praise thread and I would like to add my Praise The Lord!

I have had constant low back pain for quite some time--could only go upstairs with right foot then dragging left.

About 2 weeks ago I started to roll over in bed, back popped real loud, hurt terrible! My first thought was "I'll never be able to get up or walk" but when I got up there was no more pain and there has been none since!

It had to be God, doctors gave no hope and I was sound asleep so know it wasn't me!
    Yes! He is Jehovah Rapha (The Lord my Healer)- Exodus 15:26
    Romans 8:28 is one of my favs too sofiag1964; thanks Spyder.

Forum Master
    View sofiag1964's Feedback (+456)
    All-About sofiag1964
    View sofiag1964's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by youmeus View Post
    It sounds like this is a praise thread and I would like to add my Praise The Lord!

I have had constant low back pain for quite some time--could only go upstairs with right foot then dragging left.

About 2 weeks ago I started to roll over in bed, back popped real loud, hurt terrible! My first thought was "I'll never be able to get up or walk" but when I got up there was no more pain and there has been none since!

It had to be God, doctors gave no hope and I was sound asleep so know it wasn't me!
    woooo hooooooooooo Praise God! That's awesome!!! Thank you for sharing and I'm so happy to hear your praise report!

Who's report will we believe!! We shall believe the report of the Lord! I believe also that I am healed

Forum Master
    View sofiag1964's Feedback (+456)
    All-About sofiag1964
    View sofiag1964's Listings
    Forum Posts

Psalm 92:1 It is a good thing to give thanks unto the Lord and to sing Praises unto Thy name, O most high

View youmeus's Feedback (+203)
    All-About youmeus
    View youmeus's Listings
    Forum Posts

This summer has been a time of Trials and Praises. If we do any complaining then we should be ready with a praise.

The weather has been unusually wet and we have not been able to get the farm/ranch work done as smoothly as we would like. This week we are not supposed to get any rain until Friday so are hurrying to get hay made while the sun shines!

One of my son's father-in-law was broadsided by a deer as he rode his motorcycle and only lived 4 days. Our daughter-in-law (of 20 years) is closer to us than before.

My 90 year old father-in-law passed away Aug 10th. About 3 hours before his passing he groaned and I ask what he needed and he said he wanted to go home. We talked about getting stronger. In a few minutes he did the same thing and pointed up and said "I want to go home", he said there was a hole in the ceiling. I fed him supper which he ate real good and talked to me. 20 minutes later he was gone. He had lived in his own home until 20 days before going HOME.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Youmeus:
    It's often during our most difficult trials that God's presence seems to be the most real. It's always easier to praise Him in the good times, but God is most pleased when our praise is sacrificial. A praise not based on how we feel but based on who He is.

It is certainly a good thing to count your blessings. When your back feels better, when the hard financial times are finally over, when the troubles of daily Life give you a breather. It is also good to remember that while your problem is being 'fixed' by God's Mercy a child is born deformed, some where a child starves to death, a child is brutally abused and scarred forever and 'relief' is a dream and fantasy never to be realized. Small wars bring terror and destruction. A lunatic Religion ties explosives to children and sends them to market. So let us count our blessings that God deems us particularly worthy of His Grace while so much of the World drifts in a sea of sorrow.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

God's grace is poured out for all; sin has corrupted God's original plan for all mankind. The wages of sin is death (spiritually, physically, mentally, financially, etc.................................. Suffering in the world is something that none of us fully understands; particularly when bad things happen to good people. But when it's all said & done "God's grace is sufficient" for any suffering or bad situations we just can not understand.

Sorry, burgyeb, but I don't buy that interpretation. Basically nothing exceeds the power of God ( in any of His manifestations ) and any 'plan of God for all mankind ' cannot be 'corrupted'.
    Everything comes down to a definition of terms. In particular the definition of the word: Love.
    We try to apply the most common definition to God and fail miserably in the attempt. It fails because it simply does not fit. The old spin 'we just can not understand ' is much like a leaking bucket. No matter how many times you fill it by the time it comes home there is nothing in it.
    Quite simply, burgyeb, if you 'love' someone and they are ill you do all in your limited power to heal them. You get a Doctor, you nourish them, you comfort them. If you could heal them with a touch you would not withhold it. And if any of those actions diminished you, you would still do them because that is what 'love' is.
    So compared to the limited abilities of man imagine what a truly loving God could do. It staggers the mind. So the bottom line, burgyeb, is that the term 'love' cannot be applied to God as He reveals Himself. Or, perhaps, He is simply an underachiever. Either way no matter how many chapters and verses you may wish to quote they will not change reality.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

God is Love. His love allows each & everyone of us to chose what we want or do not want to believe.

Sorry, burgyeb, but your logic is a bit twisted. I'll end this by simply respecting your comfort zone.

Thread Information