Page 8 of 187 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858108 ... LastLast

Thread: What A Mighty God we Serve!

Forum Master
    View sofiag1964's Feedback (+456)
    All-About sofiag1964
    View sofiag1964's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ropegg View Post
    The reason we know so little about God’s wisdom is that we will only trust Him as far as we can work things out according to our own reasonable common sense.

Chambers, Oswald, Run Today’s Race, (United Kingdom: Marshall Morgan & Scott) c1968.
    that's true; that's a habit i would love to be broken, like so many of us we try to go on our own steam and think as long as we can figure things out, it will be ok; it's true, there are basic wise principles to apply to our daily lives; couple that with unshakeable faith, trusting in God completely and we can have that peace with whatever comes our way

Forum Newbie
    All-About sweetbriaruk
    View sweetbriaruk's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hello,
    I am just checking this chat again ,I showed my husband the 1 cornithians story about the man and he really liked it ,I am going to try to check this forum every day ,before I start ebid and work stuff .Its so positive and a good reminder of the real reason for our lives,I will try to put the prayer requests to our tuesday housegroup if thats ok.

View ropegg's Feedback (+424)
    All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sweetbriaruk View Post
    Hello,
    I am just checking this chat again ,I showed my husband the 1 cornithians story about the man and he really liked it ,I am going to try to check this forum every day ,before I start ebid and work stuff .Its so positive and a good reminder of the real reason for our lives,I will try to put the prayer requests to our tuesday housegroup if thats ok.
    Hi Sweetbriaruk,.
    How wonderful that you are enjoying this thread and that you are going to use it to help kick start you day. Sofia started it and I think it was a super idea.

You are more than welcome to put the prayer requests to your Tuesday housegroup, in fact that would be great.

I haven't posted for a few days but I love the feel of this thread and sure glad to see you are now with eBid and I wish you the best.

Just want to add that I really enjoyed your All About page.
    Last edited by ropegg; 13th September 2008 at 06:57 AM.
    My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff
    Peggy A's Jewels

God Bless and have a great day!!!!

All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

This is from Oswald Chambers ----

True surrender is not simply surrender of our external life but surrender of our will— and once that is done, surrender is complete. The greatest crisis we ever face is the surrender of our will. Yet God never forces a person’s will into surrender, and He never begs. He patiently waits until that person willingly yields to Him. And once that battle has been fought, it never needs to be fought again.

I know that has been a battle for me over the years as 'my will' seemed so important 'to me'.

Please remember to pray for those being affected by Hurricane Ike that is hitting the gulf coast area of the US today.
    My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff
    Peggy A's Jewels

Forum Newbie
    All-About sweetbriaruk
    Forum Posts

Hello,
    I will make my posts shorter in future but was reminded today or one of the major tragedys of my life ,,I found it hard at the time and have always found heartbreaking events hard ,, if its particualy bad I just keep saying "this too will pass ",,and it does or at least the feeling of being swamped by it and then I can look to the Lord for meaning
    But Martin Luther Kings words always help however bad things are,,they go something like
    the end of life is not to be happy ,to achive pleasure and avoid pain,the end of life is to do the will of god come what may,,
    It seem harsh maybe, but its a ready answer to the part of me that screams "this isnt fair" ,or the doubting dark voice that keeps saying " is this my fault ",,or to the less helpful friends who can be insensitive and try to blame us and our lack of faith ,,It also reminds me Jesus didnt have it so easy and he told us we wouldnt ,also as far as I can remember only the Apostle John died a natural death ,,and his life was not so great a lot of the time.
    That said its a sunny day here in west yorkshire ,,which is a minor miracle so praise God for the sun .
    Its not so easy to track the hurricane ike developments over here but I am going to try to find cnn on our sky box .
    god bless

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hello Sweetbriaruk:
    It's a pleasure seeing a new Ebidder in this thread. Your comments on taking prayer needs to your prayer group was very encouraging. It's good to know that Jesus is intouch with all of our valley experiences, because he partook of suffering physically, mentally, spiritually, socially, and in any way that we can imagine.

Hi Sofia:
    I've been in touch with the buyer, and we are currently working things out. The buyer actually said that they believed things can always be worked out if people would just take the time to communicate/work things out. Thanks for your recommendations. I didn't get a picture, but buyer gave me a verbal description, & will be returning item for replacement. So I'm glad.

All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thought I would drop by and say it has been a wonderful day after the storms got through. No damage around my place for which I have thanked the Dear Lord as not far away about 2000 people are without power and a lot of trees down.

Hope you all had a great weekend and blessing to your coming week.

This is by B.J. HOFF

He shields me, though I may not always see the many ways my Lord delivers me. He lifts me when I fall and helps me stand ---- he holds me in the hollow of his hand.
    My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff
    Peggy A's Jewels

Forum Newbie
    All-About sweetbriaruk
    Forum Posts

Hello,
    I am so glad that the storms spared you ,I checked up on Ike and it looked bad ,

All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sweetbriaruk View Post
    Hello,
    I am so glad that the storms spared you ,I checked up on Ike and it looked bad ,
    Hurricane Ike was bad but from what I am understanding it was not as bad as they were expecting it to be. I am thankful for that and I am praying for those that are left in distress from it. Thanks for your concern.

Sofia and others I hope you are well and enjoying the day.

My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff
    Peggy A's Jewels

Forum Master
    View sofiag1964's Feedback (+456)
    All-About sofiag1964
    View sofiag1964's Listings
    Forum Posts

hello lovely people!

sweetbriaruk you are so encouraging! don't worry about posting something short or long; it's in your heart and we can benefit from it

all the posts have helped me the past week and I haven't posted because I couldn't bring myself to post...

a woman I met years ago always seem to know when I'm going through that valley... because she's so busy with ministry and work, she don't have time to do very much in her own life... we don't talk often or see each other much but we always kept each other in prayer, she rang me this past week and asked to stop by; it was an amazing visit. I was on my couch with blaket keeping warm and feeling very, very painful all over my body; i was literally house bound as I live on the first floor and couldn't make the stairs. i've reached a dispair time I never thought I would experence and don't want to feel that way again. I ended up crying like a baby while she hugged me... once i stopped crying she was empathetic and sympathetic of what I'm going through [won't go into what it is]; but she gave me some wise advice that helped me to move forward. Just the show of love in this woman who didn't have time for her ownself came to see me; she is a founder and director of an awsome ministry and I was honored she actually made the time for me...... that's what God wants us to do, go to Him with all our cares as He hugs us through the Holy Spirit, advising us through His Word and of His eternal love and His promise He will never leave nor forsake us..... my sister in Christ who visited me reminded me of God's unfailing love for us.

I give God the glory regarding starting the thread and as it turns out, sweetbriaruk, ropegg, burgyeb have all encouraged me by your posts... God bless you all in your giving of your time to post out of your daily lives, thank you for encouraging me

Thread Information