Forum Lurker
    Littlehampton, West Sussex, United Kingdom
    View CoastalCoder's Feedback (+32)
    All-About CoastalCoder
    View CoastalCoder's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kengillam View Post
    I'v been known to play the fool
    Many of the bands I've been in that was the only thing everyone could play properly...

Forum Lurker
    All-About CoastalCoder
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by soulscape100 View Post
    And, have ya noticed, we are all from the sunny south except our blackjack player.
    Must be somethin' in the water.
    All the best bands are from the south I guess

(if that doesn't provoke some responses from our northern members nothing will!! )

Anyone remember the Wooden Bridge in Guildford and The Target Club in Reading? They were always good gigs.
    Our local venue was The John Peel in Bridgemary Gosport, played there countless times, loved the place. That was back in the 70's to early 80's. It's a plastic palace now I think. In it's time, it played host to The Piranas and The Joe Jackson Band, rumour has it that an early incarnation of Thin Lizzy played there also, but that could be just an urban legend.

I remember seeing a band there called The Pumphouse Gang, they were from the Isle of Wight. They were damb good never did see them again though, shame.

My main band at the time was a band called Lynx, Danny Gwilliam the guitarist went on to play with Shogun and Chinatown, did the Europe thing and I think a bit stateside.

I've stuck mainly to songwriting and poetry, and I still do a bit of singing at my Daughter's gigs if she wants a longer rest break.
    Working on my performance poetry, maybe when I've got the act togather I can try and get some of you guys along for a bit of support.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexterward2000 View Post
    Its in the beer
    Hey Dexter, you look a bit like Joe Cocker.
    That guys voice can tear your heart out.

Forum Lurker
    All-About CoastalCoder
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by soulscape100 View Post
    Anyone remember the Wooden Bridge in Guildford and The Target Club in Reading? They were always good gigs.
    Our local venue was The John Peel in Bridgemary Gosport, played there countless times, loved the place. That was back in the 70's to early 80's. It's a plastic palace now I think. In it's time, it played host to The Piranas and The Joe Jackson Band, rumour has it that an early incarnation of Thin Lizzy played there also, but that could be just an urban legend.

I remember seeing a band there called The Pumphouse Gang, they were from the Isle of Wight. They were damb good never did see them again though, shame.

My main band at the time was a band called Lynx, Danny Gwilliam the guitarist went on to play with Shogun and Chinatown, did the Europe thing and I think a bit stateside.

I've stuck mainly to songwriting and poetry, and I still do a bit of singing at my Daughter's gigs if she wants a longer rest break.
    Working on my performance poetry, maybe when I've got the act togather I can try and get some of you guys along for a bit of support.
    Most of my local gig going was in the the Brighton / Worthing area... loads of great bands...

If you're performing anywhere with the performance poetry I'd be up for coming to listen...

Forum Lurker
    View maggielou's Feedback (+92)
    All-About maggielou
    View maggielou's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CoastalCoder View Post
    Quiet in here.... especially for a musical instrument forum!

So, who plays what then?

I’ve dabbled with various instruments over the years, but the only one I have really stuck to and can play properly is the drums…

Hiya
    I play piano ,Keyboard, Flute and Saxophone,...... classical and jazz and belong to three bands and a flute quartet.

I've played a few things over the years too.
    Piano I played for ages. Played clarinet and glockenspiel for school band. Took up flute last year, but haven't really done much with it lately.

Oh, are we counting voices? I now have a voice and hearing problem, but I have been "singing" since I was 7, so a long time. Now it is just for church and too pass time in the car.

Forum Lurker
    All-About CoastalCoder
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by maggielou View Post
    Hiya
    I play piano ,Keyboard, Flute and Saxophone,...... classical and jazz and belong to three bands and a flute quartet.
    Wow... impressive... I played the flute for a few years as a child / teenager, really loved it... but wasn't much use when when I was trying to form a heavy metal band... unless we were going to do Hawkwind covers

Thread Information