eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is this a good site to sell vintage and classic car parts?

Forum Lurker
    View Triumph7's Feedback (+15)
    All-About Triumph7
    View Triumph7's Listings
    Forum Posts

It's a fantastic site if your looking to buy a new Timing belt and/or tensioner.
    Or a 3 in 1 clutch kit for an Audi.

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Stainless-for-classics
    Last edited by Triumph7; 11th October 2008 at 05:38 AM.

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

I don't know about anyone else but if I am looking on-line for a rare or unusual item I don't go to any particular site.

I search using keywords in the main Google search and see what comes up.

If I were looking for parts for a classic car the ebid listings would show up in my search.

I bought my current pc by typing in 'cheap pc'

Forum Lurker
    All-About Triumph7
    View Triumph7's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sunnybooks06 View Post
    I don't know about anyone else but if I am looking on-line for a rare or unusual item I don't go to any particular site.

I search using keywords in the main Google search and see what comes up.

If I were looking for parts for a classic car the ebid listings would show up in my search.

I bought my current pc by typing in 'cheap pc'
    Good morning sunnybooks06.

I think it must be at least 80% of people who now use the Google search to find what they are looking for. Specially with eb*y's new search system, this is actually good for ebid sellers, because people are now finding that ebid sellers are usually selling the same items cheaper. So hopefully they will deal on ebid instead of eb*y. I'm pleased to say that all my products are found using Google.

Forum Lurker
    All-About Triumph7
    View Triumph7's Listings
    Forum Posts

Why is the Classic car category showing (-4) It makes one wonder if it's worth listing anymore Classic car parts. After all (-4) is not really going to attract many prospective buyers is it? I've sent out over 1.000 personal emails to my regular eb*y buyers telling them that they can now buy my products slightly cheaper on ebid. I've only had five sales. So obviously there is something they don't like about this site. What the HELL is it???? I'm still selling to these same people on the other side.

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Triumph7 View Post
    Why is the Classic car category showing (-4) It makes one wonder if it's worth listing anymore Classic car parts. After all (-4) is not really going to attract many prospective buyers is it? I've sent out over 1.000 personal emails to my regular eb*y buyers telling them that they can now buy my products slightly cheaper on ebid. I've only had five sales. So obviously there is something they don't like about this site. What the HELL is it???? I'm still selling to these same people on the other side.
    It's not the site it's human nature. eBid is new to people, unfamiliar. That leads to anxiety (it's the root of the lots of views no sales phenomenon I think). In my experience there are two factors (at least) that help with sales. The first is sticking around long enough for people to find you. The second is to continue to add new items so there's a reason to come back.

Many classic car owners belong to a classic car forum. Most classic car forums have an 'Ebaywatch' thread giving links to suitable listings on that site. These obviously now need to be converted to 'Ebidwatch' threads by giving a link to your listings or shop. This will have the added advantage of getting Ebid's name appearing for as long as a posting is on the first page. Don't just rely on people looking in here or searching google; go out and find them!

Forum Lurker
    All-About Triumph7
    View Triumph7's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by leapingcat View Post
    Many classic car owners belong to a classic car forum. Most classic car forums have an 'Ebaywatch' thread giving links to suitable listings on that site. These obviously now need to be converted to 'Ebidwatch' threads by giving a link to your listings or shop. This will have the added advantage of getting Ebid's name appearing for as long as a posting is on the first page. Don't just rely on people looking in here or searching google; go out and find them!
    " Go out and find them"

Please do not assume that I am just sitting back and waiting for things to happen. Auction sites only account for 35-40% of my overall sales.

I already have a customer base of around 3,000 from sales on the auction sites. As I have previously said, I've sent out over 1,000 personal emails just to some of my eb*y customers alone, with a direct link to my ebid store offering my products at a slightly cheaper rate. I'm just curious to know why they should not wish to take advantage of this and use ebid instead of eb*y. Are they more comfortable with the devil they know? Or is there more to it?

The more people that we can attract over here will be good for every ebid seller, because hopfully they won't just buy classic car parts, they might also buy other nice items that are on offer.

Sorry if I didn't put things very clearly; it was a general comment and not a criticism of you, or anyone else for that matter. In fact your emails are probably one of the best things to do as you can see how effective they are as well as getting the message across.
    I do agree with you that once people come here than they will also look around to see what's on offer. Therefore the more ideas on attracting potential buyers to ebid, the better.

I would guess that a lot of customers are 'comfortable' with the place they know and while you are still listing there they don't have much incentive to make the effort to move, if the items were only available from eBid they would come here.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Forum Diehard
    View baconsdozen's Feedback (+711)
    All-About baconsdozen
    View baconsdozen's Listings
    Forum Posts

In answer to triumph7 I think people are still more comfortable with ebay (God above knows why) .No matter what it does to choke off buyers and sellers people still seem more willing to use it than here.
    For me,sales on ebid have all but dried up,I'm still selling via my own web site,usually for the same price or even more than I'm asking on here so,my efforts have to go on places where the customers are.
    Shame,but true.

Thread Information