eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can you wash curtains with the hooks still in?

Default Can you wash curtains with the hooks still in?

The electrician has been round and covered everything in dust by channeling stuff in.

Its time to wash those old curtains. They have all those plastic hooks in them and I was wondering if any harm would come of me sticking the in the machine with the hooks still in. They seem unlikely to come out....

Quote Originally Posted by inversions View Post
    The electrician has been round and covered everything in dust by channeling stuff in.

Its time to wash those old curtains. They have all those plastic hooks in them and I was wondering if any harm would come of me sticking the in the machine with the hooks still in. They seem unlikely to come out....
    Hi Yes you can wash your curtains with the hooks in, however you may lose the odd one have you got some spare just in case? Also depending how dusty they are I always find they get cleaner if you open them up before washing they are easier to iron afterwards too. Good luck happy washing, is the weather good were you are? It has done nothing but rain here.

Quote Originally Posted by inversions View Post

Personally, I'd take them out. It's amazing what the movement in a washing machine does - some of them are likely to come out and there is also the risk of them tearing the curtain material.

I do!! Can't stand fiddling about with hooks and things, lol.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Take them out - enough of them will fall out for it to be a right royal pain. If you wanted them to fall out, they wouldn't!
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Thanks for the advice, both of you. I am trying one curtain to see how that goes, 2 made the machine a little too full anyway.

Weather here is not sunny but not cold and it hasnt rained for 2 days, which is typical because I put the house plants outside hoping a bit of rain would wash them off...... Hopefully get the all the curtains dry over the next few days....

If one gets into the filter or worse still past the filter then you could have an expesive fix on your hands

Thats what I dont get about washing machines, the amount of stuff that gets accidentally washed and dosnt break them. Bra wires are the funny one. We have one trapped in between the drum and the whatever its called that makes a terrible racket but the machine does not seem adversely effected. Anyway we shall see, only have another 3 1/2 pairs to wash....

I would take them out...
    I was told by the man that can fix my machines that when bits come out of pockets, like coins, when the machine spins the speeds that these solid bits move is equal sometimes to a bullet fired from a gun and can cause real damage.

I would rather take a half hour extra work than pay out for a new machine. If your machine is insured then any foreign bodies in it will be a good excuse for the company not to pay out ..."negligance" covers a wide range of situations!!
    Click to open The Allsorts Cupboard

Widen your search Horizons
    Find it on eBid
    Click here to join the fun for FREE

I can't was anything in mine, the doors fallen off!!!

Thread Information