My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Limit search results to a particular country

Check out the stores. The Australian store listings are only Australian stores.

Unhappy Poor company policy

"The option is available to eBid territories once a threshold of auctions is reached. "

I think this is a crappy excuse for not having the ability to search by country. There is no use sending me emails saying how much business site is doing etc. if I cant search of items available in my country, even if there are not a lot of them.

It has been the same since eBid started. I have had thousands of items I could have listed but wont until people can access Australia in a search.

I know it looks better if it appears there are many millions of items available on a site, but not if you dont want to buy from overseas. eBid will never do much business in Aust until it changes this bad policy.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by abfabcoebid View Post
    "The option is available to eBid territories once a threshold of auctions is reached. "

I think this is a crappy excuse for not having the ability to search by country. There is no use sending me emails saying how much business site is doing etc. if I cant search of items available in my country, even if there are not a lot of them.

It has been the same since eBid started. I have had thousands of items I could have listed but wont until people can access Australia in a search.

I know it looks better if it appears there are many millions of items available on a site, but not if you dont want to buy from overseas. eBid will never do much business in Aust until it changes this bad policy.

The exchange you're replying to is from 2008. Did you check the status of the change you want before ranting it's not there? As far as I can see the search refinement includes all eBid countries. I've just done a search and narrowed it to Australia only with no problem at all.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    As far as I can see the search refinement includes all eBid countries. I've just done a search and narrowed it to Australia only with no problem at all.
    No. The option is still missing from the search dialogue in certain countries. If the option exists then you can limit the search in any specific served country - if not then you can't. e.g. http://fr.ebid.net/buy/dolls-bears/dolls/dolls/

A said back in 2008 that it was an odd restriction and still think it is.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Ah... I see. Apologies then, I have misunderstood the complaint. Though 18 months later I think renewing the request might more constructive than the approach taken.

Thread Information