eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A Friendly Suggestion to Sellers

Forum Newbie
    All-About carolinesstore
    View carolinesstore's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default A Friendly Suggestion to Sellers

This is only meant to be a friendly suggestion. Please don't take it personally...

Post your games at reasonable prices. First of all, most everyone that uses ebid also knows of ebay, so if a game costs (on average) $20 used at ebay, don't post that same used game for double or triple that amount here. It simply wastes time and space. It also does not help this site any. If you really want to sell your games, get serious about it and post it at a price that will actually sell.

I understand that part of why the prices are higher here is that you'll probably only get one bid per item, but you should then post your items at approximately ebay's closing prices for that item since that (supply and demand) is what determines a real buying price (not just what you want it to be).

I had expected to find games $1-5 cheaper here because ebay charges so much more to the seller than ebid does, but alas I am disappointed to have only found one reasonably priced game here. I'll go ahead and buy it to support the site, since a site competition among ebay and others should cause ebay to stop charging so much in fees, but am disappointed that that appears to be all I will do at this site.

Think about it: you could post a game to sell here for $27 when it usually sells for $30 on ebay, sell it (or sell multiples of it), and turn a bigger profit than someone who posts said item on ebay for the standard $30... or you could post it on ebid for double or triple the usual selling price at ebay and never sell it here.

Believe me, people savy enough to know of ebid in addition to ebay are not so dumb as to buy an item without finding its approximate value first. The fact that they've gone to two or more sites to look for something shows that they are looking for it cheap. Also, bear in mind that videogames almost never increase in value. I can only think of 3 that have: Valkyrie Profile 1, Tactics Ogre:LUCT, and Suikoden 2; and they were all rare games to begin with.

Again, this is just a friendly suggestion, so please don't let it upset you.

Hello. Have you actually checked the stores on here and checked the prices? I rather doubt it because most sellers are very competitive and comparible to the "farside" We here on eBid.net do not like the use of eb*y on here. This is a different site and we don't like to promote them. Also I'm not upset, but geesh I have games listed for 1 dollar! Buyers actually have an edge here with less bidders at the moment. You stand a better chance of getting a game cheap instead of some "sniper" beating your bid at the last moment over there. You really should browse abit before leaving a long drawn out post that isn't even true. Just a friendly suggestion and I don't mean to upset you. Get the facts straight before posting. Thanks

Also I'm giving away free imformation how to hookup your xbox 360 wireless without the pricey adapter with every game sale. 100 dollar savings! Beat that! Doubt you'll find that on the "farside" This promotion is advertised in some of my listings also if you had read any. Stating you bought the only reasonable priced game is an insult. I've worked for years on my supply so I can sell to my buyers at good prices.

Last edited by canuckbid; 2nd April 2009 at 04:26 AM.

I really don't know where the OP is looking. Finding games triple the price?
    Not at my store anyway.

View CrazyJay's Feedback (+149)
    All-About CrazyJay
    View CrazyJay's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have to say, I have seen games here for the DS and other consoles with prices quite a bit higher than on the other side. I can understand the reason for auction items at the moment.

I tend to list cheaper here for buy it now. So games tend to be £15 instead of £20. I do make a little less here than on the other side when I make a sale, but I think it's worth it to encourage people to buy here instead.

On the other side I start auctions with a very low start price, because I know they will be bid up in time, so I will take that risk - which I would prefer not to do here just yet.

For those who aren't fussy about filtering what I sell - Take a look at ALL my stuff above. - But for more specific listings, take a peek in the stores below.

TOY-PALLOI - For all sorts of traditional playthings!

THE PAPERBOYS PLEASURE - For Books & Magazines

OUT ON THE FLOOR - For Records - (mainly 1950's - 60's)

VIEWPOINT - Photographic Equipment

THE SCRAPYARD - Spare parts for old cars and bikes

Hello. Yes on the farside you can start at a dollar and get them bid up. Think It will be awhile before I try that here. Have a few I'm basically giving away for doing business with me here on ebid. New buyers get to scoop some deals + get cash back! Return buyers get an even bigger cash back reward.

Forum Newbie
    View dfatcat's Feedback (+5)
    All-About dfatcat
    View dfatcat's Listings
    Forum Posts

I know I've kept a couple of my games at a higher cost. Haven't had a chance to play them yet.

Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View heatemyfather's Feedback (+53)
    All-About heatemyfather
    View heatemyfather's Listings
    Forum Posts

I've noticed a certain reluctance for people to even bother bidding here, they seem to go straight for the Buy Now option even when the start price is something like 99p.

I'm guessing they're coming from the Amaz*n side of the tracks, see a good price and don't want to risk losing out to someone else using Buy Now.

Then again, I've had a PS2 with a very good selection of games listed for a bit now with few takers, there is a reserve but it's not ridiculous by any means. I'm certainly not willing to let such a bundle go for £4.99!

I know it would sell straight away on t'other side at the price I'm asking, which is the frustrating thing really.
    My auctions: video games, photography stuff, miniature wargaming hobby bits and pieces
    My eBid stores: Miniature Hobby Store | Old Games
    My eBid adverts page (also home to my free eBid promotional graphics):
    http://www.jonathanmortimer.co.uk/adverts/

Forum Newbie
    View dfatcat's Feedback (+5)
    All-About dfatcat
    View dfatcat's Listings
    Forum Posts

heatemyfather, that is a nice bundle you got. Too bad it's a PAL system, you'd have my interest peaked! Baldur's Gate II is a classic fun game (if nobody's ever played it).

I've noticed a few more views on my meagre offerings lately. I'll see what happens when I post up the other ~100 or so games I've got ready. Always have choices to make for time, work, family, games, or ebid?

Using feebay as price guide is widespread but inflated because new buyers bid many items up way too high.

Traditional auction items are 1/2 the value of the item, I suspect on online auctions the range is maybe 75% to 100%.

So sellers who want to actually sell their items should be careful not to use feebay as a guide.

PS: I also noticed a reluctance of ebid buyers to bid things up from low starting prices too (and I sell vintage linens, no DVDs!). Some actually wait until I put item in store at higher price and then buy it! I suspect this is because they spend much less time on line and don't enjoy the game of grabbing items away, etc.

Thread Information