My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A Friendly Suggestion to Sellers

I tend not to look at the date when reading a post ... I just go to the post that seem interesting and then reply if I need to say something.

P.S. I do have a problem that I haven't done much research on but in the process of. I'm sure it would be quicker if someone would just tell me the answer :-) Ok so I've only been here on ebid for 9 days; I know I'm still a newbie here but I've been only seeing a few hits and the rest has been slow. I know it's early and I should still wait it out but I feel happy when I sell something as I'm sure so do the rest of you. Anyways, I was doing some searching to see if maybe something was wrong and just found 1 problem. When I set up my store in Section 2 where it says store category I put video & computer gaming and then where it says sub category (they made me only pick 1) so I put Ninendo. Now here's the problem; not everything in my store belongs to the nintendo family. I also have Sony (playstation 3 at the moment) and Microsoft (xbox 360 at the moment). So in the end what I have noticed is that my store isn't showing up for microsoft or sony games if someone wanted to look for game stores. Is there a way where I could have more then 1 sub category within my 1 store. I would hate to make another store for just sony / microsoft products as it's a waste since games are still games. So, if you know how or what I could do please incite me. Thanks for your time!

Forum Lurker
    Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
    View mira666's Feedback (+104)
    All-About mira666
    View mira666's Listings
    Forum Posts

agreed, i tend to list mine as bid on for 99p or buy for like a pound more, however as I am having a clear out i don't mind if the game only sells for 99p. and would agree with addicted2games post above, it would be helpful for those of us that sell games over multiple catagories.
    Cameron aka Mira

Owner of Cyber Industry http://cyber-industry.ebid.net

Housemove Fund £24.20 - Target £1000.00

Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, United Kingdom
    View olivia8143's Feedback (+1394)
    All-About olivia8143
    View olivia8143's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Addicted2Games View Post
    Anyways, I was doing some searching to see if maybe something was wrong and just found 1 problem. When I set up my store in Section 2 where it says store category I put video & computer gaming and then where it says sub category (they made me only pick 1) so I put Ninendo. Now here's the problem; not everything in my store belongs to the nintendo family. I also have Sony (playstation 3 at the moment) and Microsoft (xbox 360 at the moment). So in the end what I have noticed is that my store isn't showing up for microsoft or sony games if someone wanted to look for game stores. Is there a way where I could have more then 1 sub category within my 1 store. I would hate to make another store for just sony / microsoft products as it's a waste since games are still games. So, if you know how or what I could do please incite me. Thanks for your time!
    You can have more than 1 subcategory. For instance in my jewellery store the parent category is Jewellery and I have 6 subcategories (bracelets, rings etc.) I'm sure you've already found this out by now though

Forum Newbie
    Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, United States
    All-About nesgamazers
    View nesgamazers's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have noticed some inflated prices.and beleive me I have been in this buying /selling game for nearly a decade.
    But for ebid to compete the prices do need to stay as low or lower than average selling price,a good guideline is pawn shops for example they may give a seller 40-50% of a products current value.
    Then sell for a profit of 25% (65-75%)that is fair and reasonable.
    However if one cannot make a profit of at least 25% then they need to experiment a bit more with their listings,and or really find some good suppliers of products that allow them to make a profit.
    Make no mistake most retail prices are inflated up to 200% electronics up until recent years were the exception.
    The bottom line is the bottom line,if something isn't priced right it won't sell,if it is then it will.
    Moving a product or inventory is way better than hoarding it forever in the hopes that it will eventually sell for your price.
    Sometimes it's better to give a buyer a great price the first time they are simply a visitor and will go to anyone else,the second time they are your customer and are usually satisfied with how you operate.

Im am selling some of my ps3 and xbox 360 games.they are all around 15 euro with free postage.
    just click my signature.Thanks

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by declan2693 View Post
    Im am selling some of my ps3 and xbox 360 games.they are all around 15 euro with free postage.
    just click my signature.Thanks
    http://www.ebidhelp.com/ebidfaq.htm#pimping

Ok sorry didnt know,wont happen again,that may be the reason my post count was reset 20 minutes ago and all my thread(though this is the only one I said anything about selling)

Thread Information