Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A Friendly Suggestion to Sellers

Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View heatemyfather's Feedback (+53)
    All-About heatemyfather
    View heatemyfather's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deltadelta48 View Post
    Using feebay as price guide is widespread but inflated because new buyers bid many items up way too high.
    While I will check the going auction prices on fleeBay, I will also walk into a GAME or Gamestation store and see what they would offer me for trade-in price, which is typically a lot less than they would sell the item for 2nd hand. I can then choose a middle ground based on this trade-in price and the ones on fleeBay.

The guy in GAME told me that the games I have are typically worth £2-3 each to them for trade-in value, so I know they must be worth at least this much, and as I have 15 games that makes £30 worth of games right off the bat, I am applying a discount to them being bundled with the PS2 system, the reserve effectively pricing the PS2 at around £15 (after the discount).

I know that if I tried selling the games individually they might not get above 99p bidding on eBid, and if I started them any higher they might not receive any bids at all (as has happened in the past). Elsewhere they would easily fetch £4.99 each as a starting bid or BIN price, PLUS postage & packing. But I am giving eBid my all, and not giving in! I do not rely on auctions for my income so I have this luxury.
    My auctions: video games, photography stuff, miniature wargaming hobby bits and pieces
    My eBid stores: Miniature Hobby Store | Old Games
    My eBid adverts page (also home to my free eBid promotional graphics):
    http://www.jonathanmortimer.co.uk/adverts/

Hello. I agree the video game market has cob webs growing on it here. I'm hoping one day people will see that this site has great prices also. I started a blog on fee bay and had more hits on it than some of my items have had here in 6 months. It doesn't help either when people don't look after their listings. But I say lads&madams, chin up, march forward, the member numbers increase everyday.
    People also get tired of selling and giving it all away in fees on the farside. There has been a floury of new auction sites springing up to reflect that.

Forum Newbie
    All-About WorldwideGameDepot
    View WorldwideGameDepot's Listings
    Forum Posts

We believe this site will grow is just a matter of time!

The things that we dislike from Ebay is their Best Match search, the increase on fees for Buy It Now listings and the unfairness for sellers to have only one option to leave feedbacks!

While we're able to list products cheaper here because the fees are less, everyone needs to realize that selling the same exact item at different prices from other sites breaks the price integrity of any business. To better understand this, here is an example. What would you say if an exact product in Wal-Mart #1 had a different price from Wal-Mart # 2? Anyone would be less likely to purchase at Wal-Marts in this scenario not knowing what price to expect from a merchandise.

We firmly believe in price integrity amongst sellers although is hard to do! Some sellers purchase merchandise at lower costs therefore can afford to sell for lower prices. However, once a seller lowers the price of a product then the buyers will expect the item to be no higher that such price. In the long run the seller who lowered the price initially to obtain a sale, will hurt if needs to receive a bigger profit since rising the price will cause buyers to drift away from such seller.

Hello. Well I get my games cheap so I can pass the savings to my buyers. My profit is very slim. I even have a few I will take a loss. That's the bonus new people get from joining ebid. I'm not into ripping people off like some of the prices I have seen. I don't think buyers would drift away if they started. I offer cash back rewards also that increase after the first sale. Of course new titles cost more and the price reflects that and popularity of the game. Biggest problem here I think is that there is more sellers than buyers.
    Last edited by canuckbid; 5th May 2009 at 06:21 PM.

Default You have to be kidding me!

Quote Originally Posted by carolinesstore View Post
    This is only meant to be a friendly suggestion. Please don't take it personally...

Post your games at reasonable prices. First of all, most everyone that uses ebid also knows of ebay, so if a game costs (on average) $20 used at ebay, don't post that same used game for double or triple that amount here. It simply wastes time and space. It also does not help this site any. If you really want to sell your games, get serious about it and post it at a price that will actually sell.

I understand that part of why the prices are higher here is that you'll probably only get one bid per item, but you should then post your items at approximately ebay's closing prices for that item since that (supply and demand) is what determines a real buying price (not just what you want it to be).

I had expected to find games $1-5 cheaper here because ebay charges so much more to the seller than ebid does, but alas I am disappointed to have only found one reasonably priced game here. I'll go ahead and buy it to support the site, since a site competition among ebay and others should cause ebay to stop charging so much in fees, but am disappointed that that appears to be all I will do at this site.

Think about it: you could post a game to sell here for $27 when it usually sells for $30 on ebay, sell it (or sell multiples of it), and turn a bigger profit than someone who posts said item on ebay for the standard $30... or you could post it on ebid for double or triple the usual selling price at ebay and never sell it here.

Believe me, people savy enough to know of ebid in addition to ebay are not so dumb as to buy an item without finding its approximate value first. The fact that they've gone to two or more sites to look for something shows that they are looking for it cheap. Also, bear in mind that videogames almost never increase in value. I can only think of 3 that have: Valkyrie Profile 1, Tactics Ogre:LUCT, and Suikoden 2; and they were all rare games to begin with.

Again, this is just a friendly suggestion, so please don't let it upset you.
    Are you seriously going to tell sellers how they should run their stores / items they want to sell? I just read your 1st paragraph and needed to respond to it. I'll have to read the rest too and I'm sure I'll have more to say. I'm been on greedebay since Jan 03'. First of all; so what if it's the same price as ebay. I hate it when buyers gloat and say well I could buy this game for less elsewhere ... It's like and why do I care? What if I paid more for the game or I think it's a rare game don't your think a seller has the right to post their auctions at whatever costs the want. There is a difference with ebid and greedbay; the fees. So the actual price of the game might be the same but the shipping shouldn't it should be cheaper here since the fees are nothing compared to greedbay.

Moving an item is good and all but making money is better. Why settle for what ebay's closing auctions are when you know what you want to get and don't mind waiting for that amount. Once day a buyer will be looking for that game and will buy it from you at the price you want to sell it at.

P.S. I just made and account with ebid so I'm still kinda new here but I'm definetly not new to selling / shipping items and without dealing with excessive fees I think I can relax a bit more here which in the end so will my shipping costs for buyers. Once I figure out how to import my items from greedbay without the hassle of listing each auction individually all 1200 items will be here and you can see what I have to over; but don't be telling me "Oh I can find a better deal else where" cause I really could care less!

Quote Originally Posted by dfatcat View Post
    I know I've kept a couple of my games at a higher cost. Haven't had a chance to play them yet.
    LOL ... I did that once with a game that I played the intro to and liked it but didn't have the time to play it. I decided to put in an auction for $100 USD and it actually sold months later. I was so sad to be selling it and having to say goodbye to it but then happy because it brought me more the 1/2 profit. In the end I ended up finding the same game online and bought it and did the same thing.

P.S. The game was called Tales of Eternia for the PSP. It's a great Anime RPG Game.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Addicted2Games View Post
    Are you seriously going to tell sellers how they should run their stores / items they want to sell? I just read your 1st paragraph ...
    Which was written in October 2008. Even they might not believe what they wrote any more. ;o)

Quote Originally Posted by Addicted2Games View Post
    Are you seriously going to tell sellers how they should run their stores / items they want to sell? I just read your 1st paragraph and needed to respond to it. I'll have to read the rest too and I'm sure I'll have more to say. I'm been on greedebay since Jan 03'. First of all; so what if it's the same price as ebay. I hate it when buyers gloat and say well I could buy this game for less elsewhere ... It's like and why do I care? What if I paid more for the game or I think it's a rare game don't your think a seller has the right to post their auctions at whatever costs the want. There is a difference with ebid and greedbay; the fees. So the actual price of the game might be the same but the shipping shouldn't it should be cheaper here since the fees are nothing compared to greedbay.

Moving an item is good and all but making money is better. Why settle for what ebay's closing auctions are when you know what you want to get and don't mind waiting for that amount. Once day a buyer will be looking for that game and will buy it from you at the price you want to sell it at.

P.S. I just made and account with ebid so I'm still kinda new here but I'm definetly not new to selling / shipping items and without dealing with excessive fees I think I can relax a bit more here which in the end so will my shipping costs for buyers. Once I figure out how to import my items from greedbay without the hassle of listing each auction individually all 1200 items will be here and you can see what I have to over; but don't be telling me "Oh I can find a better deal else where" cause I really could care less!

Hi and welcome! You are just the kind of seller we like, enthusiastic!!

Many different views on pricing/selling. As time goes by it becomes less important to pay attention to what feebay is doing! Why base starting prices here on feebay info?

I agree, important part of pricing is what we paid for item! If we paid $20 and it is worth $100, that is a lot of wiggle room for pricing. Price at $65 or 55 and sell it fast. Price at $95 and it may sit here for months. Make nice profit either way. Seller's choice. If common item I will price lower just to move it. And if kind of unusual, I like to price it higher and keep it awhile. Nice to have unusual items in the store to attract attention!

Look forward to seeing your items when you transfer them over. Remember to tweek so they appeal to google sellers (see forums tips). If you need any help, just ask, someone is always here to help you.

Cool The Buyer Will Decide

Hi all,

As a BUYER of X-Box games for my kids I have made the following choices recently:

Seller 1: Too expensive....did NOT purchase the game we wanted...
    Seller 2: Only accepts cheque/check payment.....did NOT purchase...

Seller 3: Reasonable prices & accepted electronic payment....I BOUGHT the game! ;-)

This thread may be 2 yrs old, but the principle is the same ...give the buyer what they want & you will stay in business.

Happy buying & selling !
    <a href=http://Nine-Star-Electronics.ebid.net target=_blank>http://Nine-Star-Electronics.ebid.net</a>

http://theninestarshop.ebid.net

http://Nine-Star-Electronics.ebid.net

http://Nine-Star-Clothing-Store.ebid.net

http://The-Nine-Star-Book-Shop.ebid.net

http://ninestarjewellery.ebid.net

.................................................. .......................................
    Want to join ebid??? Just follow this link >>>>
    http://uk.ebid.net/perl/normal.cgi?r...=register-main

(and i'll earn some "Buddy Points" ;-) Thank You!

Exactly. Fair prices, fair shipping, and offering convenient payment always appeals to buyers. And the electronic payment protects them too!

Thread Information