eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why is there no car parts listing available

Parkgate Rotherham, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View MHTTrading's Feedback (+3556)
    All-About MHTTrading
    View MHTTrading's Listings
    Forum Posts

It does make you wonder, I had a buyer wanted a bulk quantity of an item, I advised if he visited e-bid I could do them a bit cheaper because of the lower FVF but he still bought them through ebay.. Ah well!!

Forum Lurker
    View CornishDave's Feedback (+162)
    All-About CornishDave
    View CornishDave's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have brand new Volvo Discs and Brake Pads for sale in Cars & Vehicles > Car Parts & Spares

give me a shout if you are interested, thanks. Eileen6

Forum Diehard
    View baconsdozen's Feedback (+711)
    All-About baconsdozen
    View baconsdozen's Listings
    Forum Posts

I think weaning customers away from Ebay is almost impossible but I don't know why.Maybe it's just habit,maybe its a sense of loyalty (although why anyone should feel any loyalty to that greedy,arrogant,souless monopoly is beyond me).
    I tried offering things on here cheaper than on ebay and in many cases cheaper than my own site but still sales have been slow.
    Maybe someone else can come up with the reasons or maybe its just that people resist change.
    One thing I really beleive doesn't help is the run till sold option.Some of this stuff is overpriced and has in some cases been stuck on for a year or more,The other sides pages at least alter each tme you look at them a lot of the ebid ones don't and I'm sure this discourages repeat visits and creates the impression of a stagnant site.

Alot of people do not like change I think. They know one thing and stick with it. Just like all the people that had problems with their ISP after the server switch from the UK to the USA. They could of had the problem resolved in a day but choose to be unable to access ebid for weeks. It's a hassle I know but the world is full of change. It's the one thing that is constant in this world. It's changing all the time.

Forum Lurker
    View Triumph7's Feedback (+15)
    All-About Triumph7
    View Triumph7's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by baconsdozen View Post
    I think weaning customers away from Ebay is almost impossible but I don't know why.Maybe it's just habit,maybe its a sense of loyalty (although why anyone should feel any loyalty to that greedy,arrogant,souless monopoly is beyond me).
    I tried offering things on here cheaper than on ebay and in many cases cheaper than my own site but still sales have been slow.
    Maybe someone else can come up with the reasons or maybe its just that people resist change.
    One thing I really beleive doesn't help is the run till sold option.Some of this stuff is overpriced and has in some cases been stuck on for a year or more,The other sides pages at least alter each tme you look at them a lot of the ebid ones don't and I'm sure this discourages repeat visits and creates the impression of a stagnant site.
    Your absolutely right!

GET RID OF THE "RUN UNTIL SOLD" OPTION.

It does NOT help this sites image one little bit.

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Stainless-for-classics

Forum Saint
    View tonyreddevil's Feedback (+74)
    All-About tonyreddevil
    View tonyreddevil's Listings
    Forum Posts

#8 Think its good on the greedbay forums.compared to here.You can post many more things i think.

Thread Information