Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: I'm seeing a problem

Default I'm seeing a problem

I have been searching for various items recently and I always check Ebid first to buy.

However, I am noticing that things here being sold are much more expensive than "over there" despite the fact there are no fees.

I have even come across the same seller on both sides with the same item with it more expensive here than over there.

This is not good
    For personalised pop art, visit my shop: http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Happy-Brushstrokes

View klj's Feedback (+3320)
    All-About klj
    View klj's Listings
    Forum Posts

Ask them why! I keep hearing that some sellers listed their BIN price here, and a lesser price elsewhere as they expected to get more bids elsewhere. Yet, in the end they have been willing to sell for less once there is an interest. So ask them for a better price here.

View brishada's Feedback (+209)
    All-About brishada
    View brishada's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yep, me too!
    Something I looked for over here the other day was TWICE the price of over there AND the postage was TRIPLE what it should have cost to post! I really don’t want to buy anything over there anymore unless I really have to but………

Blessings
    Sharon

Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View stitchysyl's Feedback (+2137)
    All-About stitchysyl
    View stitchysyl's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have to admit...I have bought several things on the other side for just that reason...

searched here, found the item but too high a price...went to the other side and found it much cheaper.

if its only a few pennies then I do the sale here...but sometimes it is quite a bit more...

perhaps some of the sellers are new to auctions and don't check out the prices on the other side ( come on, benefit of the doubt eh??)
    but when its the same seller on both sides then at least the items should be the same price.

I don't subscribe to this...pass on the fees savings to the buyer thing...
    the reason sellers are here is that THEY can save on fees...so as long as they list at a reasonable price and what they would ask for elsewhere I don't see why they should be made to feel they should charge less for an item than they would normally.

But thats my opinion...and others I know will disagree...

Forum Saint
    View penny291's Feedback (+1190)
    All-About penny291
    View penny291's Listings
    Forum Posts

I rarely sell on the other side, but there I do charge a tiny bit more, not here, I try to keep my prices to the minimum, and if anyone sees something I am selling cheaper on the other side then I would be happy for them to tell me as I want to stay competitive and obviously want buyers to stay on EBID. At the moment something I want cannot be found anywhere on any of the auction sites????gonna have to buy from shop I think

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by stitchysyl View Post

I don't subscribe to this...pass on the fees savings to the buyer thing...
    the reason sellers are here is that THEY can save on fees...so as long as they list at a reasonable price and what they would ask for elsewhere I don't see why they should be made to feel they should charge less for an item than they would normally.

But thats my opinion...and others I know will disagree...
    I totally agree with this.

The fee savings is meant to benefit the seller - otherwise they would be buyers' fees.

I still buy over there because I can't always find what I am looking for here.

I have just bought some daylight (SAD) bulbs over there because there werent any here.

When someone here has them for what I paid - £5.99 each + £4.99 postage for any amount I'll buy them here.

I haven't got anything listed 'over there' at the moment, but will be adding a few things - for the benefit of promotion only.

Everything I sell is listed here and this is where I intend to 'plant my roots' so to speak. When I moved things accross, I gathered that things moved slower here and with the lesser fees, I priced my items lower to suit. Some things are cheaper by pence, others by pounds.

I have bought a few things 'over there' as they are things that I am unable to get here. I've also noticed that some things are priced higher here when compared to the other side, and do find it strange. As razamakaz says - it isn't good. If we notice the higher prices here, then so will prospective buyers that we try to lure accross.
    Babz

Sewing Room Creations - for hand crafted gift ideas & doll accessories.

This subject has been raised several times in the past, it is definitely an issue which needs correcting but I don't know how?

I think part of the reason is that some sellers think that because they have less competition here due to lower listing figures than on the other site and because they think that buyers have less choice because of the lower number of items listed here that they can charge a premium rate for their items.

They seem to forget that anyone looking for an item on here will also check the other site too to see where the best deal is.

The higher prices make eBid look bad and damage the chances of the site taking off properly.
    Yorkie

My FaceBook page.
    My Twitter page.
    My YouTube channel.

Mention eBid if you add me on FaceBook or Twitter so I know where you are from.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

If I have something new (to me) to sell, I do try it there first - sorry, but I have to be realistic. Over there I sell more, and I get more bids on auctions. So I can start something at a lower price there than here, but sell it for more. If it doesn't sell there, it will be moved to here when it finishes - sometimes for a higher price than it started over there, because of the lower chances of multiple bids. I have to balance the odds.

Over here it will get longer exposure at no cost, so I can afford to be more patient. But over here it will get fewer unique viewers, so I have to factor that in too.

There are a lot more variables involved in setting prices than just how much the listing fees are.

View namron63's Feedback (+9)
    All-About namron63
    View namron63's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi
    We have nearly the same amount of items over there as we have on eBid but we increased our price over there by about 12% making it cheaper to purchase here than there.
    It seems to have made no difference as the sales on the other side have increased .
    Every item posted contains a flyer directing them here to eBid stating lower prices .
    It hasn't worked yet.
    Norman

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Humorous-Signs--Plaques

Thread Information