eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone actually managing to sell vinyl?

Forum Newbie
    View Lemurdee's Feedback (+3)
    All-About Lemurdee
    View Lemurdee's Listings
    Forum Posts

Lightbulb Anyone actually managing to sell vinyl?

Actually
    Hi everyone, another refugee from feebay here – I had build up good ‘fun’ business trading, well downsizing my vast collection via you-know-who. Started to cost too much and they were getting much too bossy – well you all know that. So have tried this site out, 1 sale so far – but it is very slow. Anyone got any ideas to breath life into the market, getting very few hits!

My last session on the dark side was 202 listed, 40 sold - £39.13 taken – I had cut my P&P right down to min. Luckily no list fees as listed on free weekend but still, the lack of traffic was what startled me the most; nearly all sales went for start price!

We (fellow collectors and traders) need to pool our ideas, help one another – other wise feebay will have triumphed.

I started my collection 1975, ELO’s Evil Woman, followed by Pink Floyd’s See Emily Play from a stall in Staines Market – it can’t all die like this!!!!

Lemurdee – wishing to keep online auctions for the individual – and so fun!

PS - Can anyone help me - what are Tags, a 'simple' help page with this page would help us newbies to web chat Gazza

Only sold one so far but I hadn't been putting much time into the listings. My current strategy is to put as much info. in as is humanly possible, date, label, condition of cover and media, tracklist and a good picture, even a youtube link to a video with the music in...

Quite a few views but no-one buying. Hold tight, Google traffic will do the business in time I reckon. Once people visit, they go back, sign up, tell their mates...

Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View Huddylion's Feedback (+4843)
    All-About Huddylion
    View Huddylion's Listings
    Forum Posts

Question

I have sold a fair few don't know what i am doing that you guys aren't ,my about me page is filled in nicely , i try to give a good description and honest rating on the vinyl, i do buy a lot of stuff as well, so don't know chaps.
    My feedback of
    is 100% positive and has all been earnt here on Ebid

I think the thing could be the amount of items availiable and if they are cheaper than feebay & gemm.

Well, I've made four sales since I've been here, but ironically enough, none of them have been for vinyl records, which is what my mainstay is. Then again, my vinyl sales on the Bay of Fees had dropped down to nothing as well, unless I sold them for 99 cents, which is only a few cents more than what I paid for them. But after all the fees were paid, I was losing money on each transaction so that had to stop. The only place that I have recently sold any vinyl at all is on GEMM, and I've included a note with each shipment stating that I "prefer" to do my selling at eBid due to the lower fees. Part of my problem is that I haven't put enough items online; and I have several thousand albums that I need to list... but just the thought of all the photo taking, the scanning, the listing, the double-checking, the audio testing and vinyl grading... I usually go cower back in the corner and say I'll do it another day. But I have to admit... it won't sell if it ain't listed.

ßob

Records, VideoDiscs, Tapes, Books, Puzzles, Gifts

Barnsley, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View grahamec's Feedback (+532)
    All-About grahamec
    View grahamec's Listings
    Forum Posts

You said it yourself if it ain't listed it won't sell and after all it is free to list all it takes is time and effort. So come out of your nice safe corner and get cracking

Smile Vinyl vinyl vinyl & more vinyl

Hi everyone, just to add to previous comments. I have been selling secondhand vinyl for over twenty years previously through my shop and for last 5-6 year online. I no longer list my vinyl over on the other side for reasons already expressed by others. I have yet to make a sale for vinyl over here, but have only really just started listing stuff. I currently have around 1,000 plus 7" records to list and hundreds of LPs. One day I may get most of it listed. But hey this is really only a hobby these days.

Take a look at my site, more to follow soon.

http://uk.nine.ebid.net/stores/books...vinyl-bargains

Cheers Mel

Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View Huddylion's Feedback (+4843)
    All-About Huddylion
    View Huddylion's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by booksntings View Post
    Hi everyone, just to add to previous comments. I have been selling secondhand vinyl for over twenty years previously through my shop and for last 5-6 year online. I no longer list my vinyl over on the other side for reasons already expressed by others. I have yet to make a sale for vinyl over here, but have only really just started listing stuff. I currently have around 1,000 plus 7" records to list and hundreds of LPs. One day I may get most of it listed. But hey this is really only a hobby these days.

Take a look at my site, more to follow soon.

http://uk.nine.ebid.net/stores/books...vinyl-bargains

Cheers Mel
    Well you have now Mel
    My feedback of
    is 100% positive and has all been earnt here on Ebid

Forum Lurker
    View RATLINTOEZ's Feedback (+38)
    All-About RATLINTOEZ
    View RATLINTOEZ's Listings
    Forum Posts

I've sold a couple of vinyl albums while I've been here
    on ebid.I am just wondering if the Vinyl bubble is starting
    to burst? I am just basing this theory on Record Collectors
    stashing away what they consider to be worth holding on to,
    I've talked to a few collectors in the last year or so
    who said the Market was exhausted.People knew what was collectable & are determined to hold on to it.And of course people who think if it has Elvis or Beatles on It,it has to be worse Thousands! A quick glance at your local classified adverts,will confirm that!
    At the end of the day,is it as easy to come across a mint copy
    of Elvis first hit That's Alright Mama,on the Sun label as it was 30 years ago?, and it was virtually impossible then.

Ratlin.

Thumbs up Cheers Huddy

Quote Originally Posted by Huddylion View Post
    Well you have now Mel

Cheers Huddy, thanks for the sales. Love the music on your site.

Thread Information