Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

View Poll Results: Allow ability for Buyer & Seller to post Tracking information to AAL per item?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • AWESOME IDEA! Yes, absolutely!

2 16.67%
  • Yes, AND allow +1/2 point to feedback on confirmed delivery (if it can be done)

0 0%
  • NO! We don't need that!

6 50.00%
  • Allow Buyer ONLY to post tracking number ONLY.

0 0%
  • I Don't Care, but would use it if it was there.

2 16.67%
  • I could care less, probably never use it.

2 16.67%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Idea/Suggestion - Package Tracking

Interesting set of responses.. Actually was about what I had expected I wouldnt say it would be mandatory- just that there could be a specific place for a seller to optionally add a tracking number/service and a clickable link could be generated/displayed as opposed to copy/paste and go to website and figure out where to put the tracking number to check on it..

I was mostly curious about responses from U.K. Vs. U.S. sellers- Because with USPS, UPS, and FedEx, you can enter or create a URL to package tracking for each, it'd be nice if it were clickable.. and I was just thinking it might be do-able with a little bit of logic for a script to visit the link once a week and look for the "delivery confirmed" keywords of each place, and once it could be confirmed, that can be recorded as such.. then perhaps if the buyer cannot be bothered to leave feedback, seller can click a link to request a +1/2 feedback point, and every full feedback point could be added to their feedback score .. It'd be a lot more work than it is worth though, so even I would not want the guys to go to that much effort

I always give a tracking number anyway, and on Ebid, simply pop it in when adding the "package shipped" information, but it just seems some people dont know HOW, or want to be bothered, to find it, go to the appropriate website, and look it up- hence, the idea that you can have an optional place in the AAL to add a tracking number, select type of shipment, and the system could automatically generate a link that can be clicked on, and go directly to tracking results. - More a matter of convenience than anything else, really, and of course, optional, rather than mandatory

It would also make it easier to find it out of all the AAL entries, since a link could be put up right at the top with the auction's main information in the AAL..

but , so far, been some interesting feedback..

As for PyPl - IF you use that, you can also use their online "print postage" feature (they teamed up with Pitney Bowes, USPS and UPS) and Delivery Confirmation is cheaper (0.18 cents) when doing it online than when doing it in person at the Post Office (0.75 cents) which can add up to quite a savings for sellers that ship a lot via USPS... and when using PyPl they will be able to insert the tracking right in to the account statement, but it's useless unless buyers think to go THERE..

Overall, It's just something to "think about" for perhaps future development - if they can integrate calculated shipping from USPS,UPS and/or FedEx/Kinkos , It wouldn't be too great a stretch to be able to go back and check a tracking number entered by seller, verify it, and then a week or two later see that it has been delivered.. Not something that would be added anytime in the near future, you understand.. there's way too many things that need priority attention... but perhaps just an idea that may one day be added..
    Many changes yet again, started a new venture, and you can watch my store grow here: Really Rural Woodworks

As for PyPl - IF you use that, you can also use their online "print postage" feature (they teamed up with Pitney Bowes, USPS and UPS) and Delivery Confirmation is cheaper (0.18 cents) when doing it online than when doing it in person at the Post Office (0.75 cents)

I don't think it's cheaper than our Royal Mail here - with the added ethical disadvantage that it removes profit from the local post offices - which they are trying to close down at present!
    Why not take a quick look at my Stores?

Find all kinds of books HERE

Find 'Plus Size' Clothes HERE

Find NEW tiny Baby Stuff HERE

Find 'Bits & Bobs' HERE

Interesting idea, and one that I would use, but I don't know how easy it would be to implement it. I guess you would need a field in the AAL to put the tracking number, and then checkboxes to check which shipping source provided said tracking number (USPS, FedEX, DHL, etc.) as that would be the only way to hyperlink the tracking number field to a specific shippers tracking webpage. But, as shipping systems differ around the globe, I don't know how it could be implemented without making it customized for each individual eBid site, and that would be quite a bit of coding.

Currently, I use PyPl to print my shipping labels with postage, so the Delivery Confirmation is included (whether I want it or not), so I've been putting the DC number in the AAL Shipping notes, as well as the Google Check-Out Shipping page.

But I still like the idea of having a specific box on the AAL to put a tracking number... even if it is not clickable to get to the tracking info. A separate box with the number would make it easier to find if and when it was necessary to use it to find out where a package is.

ßob

Records, VideoDiscs, Tapes, Books, Puzzles, Gifts

Thread Information