eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Perfect example to keep buyers AWAY from eBid

View Hip Chick's Feedback (+407)
    All-About Hip Chick
    View Hip Chick's Listings
    Forum Posts

Angry Perfect example to keep buyers AWAY from eBid

Today, I thought I'd have a look around to get some bits for my daughters party bags.

I found what I was looking for too!!

The seller was auctioning the single items at .50p and buy now at .99p & 3 x the same items at 1.25p and buy now at 1.75p

I was pleased with the prices so therefore emailed the seller asking how much 12 would cost including postage and packing..

RESULT..

Seller put the single items upto .99p and buy now at 1.99 and the auction with the 3 items to 2.50 and buy now at 3.50.

WHY??? this makes no sense what so ever and just makes buyers stay away. I really wanted to buy the items but now will not due to the seller being greedy.

I thought the general idea that things were a little cheaper over hear to attrack buyers and the listing fees are so much cheaper.

I was wrong!!!

Glasgow, South Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    View ejean9's Feedback (+946)
    All-About ejean9
    View ejean9's Listings
    Forum Posts

so sorry to hear that a seller did that..why dont you ask them why they changed the prices ?

View Rednosty's Feedback (+998)
    All-About Rednosty
    View Rednosty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hip Chick View Post
    Today, I thought I'd have a look around to get some bits for my daughters party bags.

I found what I was looking for too!!

The seller was auctioning the single items at .50p and buy now at .99p & 3 x the same items at 1.25p and buy now at 1.75p

I was pleased with the prices so therefore emailed the seller asking how much 12 would cost including postage and packing..

RESULT..

Seller put the single items upto .99p and buy now at 1.99 and the auction with the 3 items to 2.50 and buy now at 3.50.

WHY??? this makes no sense what so ever and just makes buyers stay away. I really wanted to buy the items but now will not due to the seller being greedy.

I thought the general idea that things were a little cheaper over hear to attrack buyers and the listing fees are so much cheaper.

I was wrong!!!

Best you can do is to put the sellers name up here and we can ALL black ball them!

Vintage Mechanical and Quartz Watches
    and collectables

Click on the link to enter my store

Why not visit my New Store. Where you will find almost anything

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Rednostys-All-Sorts-Store

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'd guess what happened was that the listings had been sitting for ages and your enquiry triggered them to look at the prices for the first time and realise they were too low. What I would have done in a similar situation is let you buy first before reviewing, or if it seemed essential to change the prices instantly offer to put up a customer listing just for the one-off purchase where the original prices would be honoured.

Your seller has either been greedy, or panicked, or both! However, if it was just a panic thing if you ask if they'll honour the original price for you, they might do that.

I always say: it costs nothing to ask. In your case it seems to have cost you a fair bit already (virtually), but you might get it back if you ask again!

Forum Saint
    View Cocksparrer's Feedback (+424)
    All-About Cocksparrer
    View Cocksparrer's Listings
    Forum Posts

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh such is life, go to poundland they do party bag stuff and plenty for the kids to grab their mits into

There are no excuses, the intent is obvious. Plain & simple unscrupulous GREED!

As said, it doesn't hurt to ask them I suppose. I would sure have my 2 cents worth of opinion with the seller then blackball them...but then, that's me.

And......I would give us hints as to the identity.

Sounds bad to me, my prices are set when I list them, no real need to increase prices to double other than

a) The seller made an error when listing
    b) The seller wants to make double the amount (greed)
    c) The item has gone up in value since listing, (but think this is unlikely as it don't normally happen for party bag items)

There may of corse be some other explanation which only the seller can say, but if they contact you as to why you didn't buy then I would tell them the truth.

Maths. If it comes to adding thing up then do not ask me.

blooming cheek - I would definitely ask them why they had increased the prices and if they are not willing to honour the original prices I'd walk away.

Forum Newbie
    View madragz's Feedback (+1)
    All-About madragz
    View madragz's Listings
    Forum Posts

I think the fact that the seller just lost a sale is a Just punishment in itself. Yes, it would have been polite to the seller to offer you the goods at the original listing price and this they should have done. The seller was hoping, of course that you would go ahead with a purchase at the higher price.

Let them know what they have done by doing nothing. That is, let them stew and think about their actions. When they continue to have no sales, they'll perhaps drop their price again or be gone for good.

http://uk.nine.ebid.net/perl/main.cg...othing-Designs

Thread Information