Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Got the 2010 price guide today, However.....

Default Got the 2010 price guide today, However.....

Am I to believe that if it's not in the book then a mint copy is worth less than £5.00 despite there being non on the google / other search engines?

Smile Price guide ?

Quote Originally Posted by raindropsies2 View Post
    Am I to believe that if it's not in the book then a mint copy is worth less than £5.00 despite there being non on the google / other search engines?

Which price guide is it,

Normally if it's the record collector price guide then this would be the case. However as with everything it's all down to what someone is prepared to pay, they are after all only price guides.

Cheers Mel

Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View Huddylion's Feedback (+4843)
    All-About Huddylion
    View Huddylion's Listings
    Forum Posts

I got the new updated 2010 issue a few days ago, if you have a look Sarah it is only for uk pressings, hope that helps as my friend above says, is only a guide and people will pay what they want to or not.
    My feedback of
    is 100% positive and has all been earnt here on Ebid

I get the point about it being a "guide" only. I fully understand this.

Now if it's a non-UK pressing where do I go to find a guide & how will I know if it's a UK or non-UK pressing.

Whilst i am here, can someone explain a certain record that's in the guide that I have.

Artist is Prince, Title is Purple Rain, Vinyl reference is W9174T. It's on page 956 of the guide book, but it has 2 prices, £20/£8

It says Purple Rain / God (instrumental) / God (12", p/s, initially with poster) 20/8

So how do I interprete this info please.

Also I love the grading ready reckoner on 2nd to last page

Smile

I get the point about it being a "guide" only. I fully understand this.

Now if it's a non-UK pressing where do I go to find a guide & how will I know if it's a UK or non-UK pressing.

Whilst i am here, can someone explain a certain record that's in the guide that I have.

Artist is Prince, Title is Purple Rain, Vinyl reference is W9174T. It's on page 956 of the guide book, but it has 2 prices, £20/£8

It says Purple Rain / God (instrumental) / God (12", p/s, initially with poster) 20/8

So how do I interprete this info please.

Also I love the grading ready reckoner on 2nd to last page
    Hi raindropsies, I would guess that the first price quoted is for one complete with poster and second without. I remember selling these when they first came out in my record shop days. They came shrink wrapped with the posters inside and a sticker on outside that would have said W9174TP, the sleeve inside just stated W9174T. Warners did this a lot during late seventies early eighties with free posters and even T.Shirts. With the cat. number you have quoted it would be a UK release but could have been pressed anywhere, Warners pressed mostly in Germany and using the old CBS pressing plant here in UK, from what I can remember. The old grey cells not being what they used to be.

Cheers Mel

Thread Information