Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Items not coming up in searches

Default Items not coming up in searches

Hello everyone,

I uploaded over 5000 units to my store here and they are not coming up in the search engine. Have I done something wrong? Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Nathan

Quote Originally Posted by MintConditionCDs View Post
    Hello everyone,

I uploaded over 5000 units to my store here and they are not coming up in the search engine. Have I done something wrong? Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Nathan
    Hi Nathan
    I can see your items if I look at your store or do a search from the US site, cannot see them from the UK as you don't sell to here.
    http://us.nine.ebid.net/perl/main.cgi?mo=user-store&title=MintConditionCDs-DVDs-and-Games
    All your CD's are in the Music CD's category in your store & not in any of your sub categories

Your auction titles seem to be full of """ & some of your title words RunIntoOneAnother, which MAY well interfere with the search.

You also have a problem with your HTML, not sure where you've copied it from, but your descriptions have lots of %0D%0A in them.
    BTW this is eBid not feebay.
    Media mail moves just as fast as Parcel Post does, and it is designed for items that I sell here on (fe)eBay.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

I just had a quick look. are they all 'run until sold'? That would bring them to the bottom of any search
    Btw, the Goldmember DVD is among the CDs. Couple of suggestions: write something in the 'about me' space. And maybe split your listings into more categories: ie. type of music, dvd. I know that will take time, but it's a bit daunting to search so many listings
    That's enough from me. I am sure there will be others

Sorry can't help as apparently aren't listed on the UK site, although there is an indication that you have over 5200 items listed.

Thread Information