eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: No Payment Option

Forum Newbie
    View pirategal04's Feedback (-1)
    All-About pirategal04
    View pirategal04's Listings
    Forum Posts

Unhappy No Payment Option

Hello--I took the "buy now" option on an item I'd like to give for a gift--soon. I assumed I'd be able to pay today and the item would be on its way in the next couple of days... The only payment option open to me was paypal, but when I clicked to pay the amount, I got an error warning saying the seller currently cannot receive money. What does this mean?

I've emailed the buyer but I'm trying to consider my options.

It usually means that the seller has a problem directly with paynpal themselves which is unrelated to the eBid site. I would advise you to wait for contact from the seller before trying to continue with the purchase. If the seller has not made contact within a reasonable time you should leave appropriate feedback and move on. If they then leave unwarranted feedback for you the Support team are able to edit and/or remove such comments when contacted.

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi this is an issue between the seller and PayPal, we are unable to change the status of anyones PayPal account.

Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Forum Newbie
    All-About manjrobhai
    View manjrobhai's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi I am new to EBid and I used the Buy it now option
    and i have no idea how to pay for the item
    and i checked the seller's reviews and he has 4 negative reviews saying he never shipped the item. I havent given any credit card information and want to be sure that I will not be sent a bill in the mail for an item which I have not recieved or have any way of paying for. Thank Your for your time

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

I would be very careful there if he has for negs for not shipping!
    What are the payment options and have you had an invoice yet?

Forum Newbie
    All-About manjrobhai
    View manjrobhai's Listings
    Forum Posts

It has credit, debit, paypal, google checkout, PPPay. I don't know how to pay for the item, I dont think I have an invoice it says :"No invoices yet

Invoices are isssued on the 1st of each month for fees accrued during the preceeding month. "

As I said before I clicked on the Buy it Now button, does that mean I will be sent a bill? I have NOT given any credit card info does that mean I dont have to buy the item because I am feeling very regretful right now

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by manjrobhai View Post
    It has credit, debit, paypal, google checkout, PPPay. I don't know how to pay for the item, I dont think I have an invoice it says :"No invoices yet

Invoices are isssued on the 1st of each month for fees accrued during the preceeding month. "

As I said before I clicked on the Buy it Now button, does that mean I will be sent a bill? I have NOT given any credit card info does that mean I dont have to buy the item because I am feeling very regretful right now
    Don't part with a penny until the seller has issued you with an invoice. Not the one from ebid under my fees. There is a drop down menu to the right of the auction. You can request an invoice or ask seller a question, establish some form of contact
    Last edited by meebo1; 12th December 2008 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by manjrobhai View Post

You are confusing two different sources for invoices.
    The section you have quoted is from eBid itself. This applies to people on the eBid site who owe eBid some money. The money is collected after eBid send an invoice to the sellers involved.

To receive an invoice for the item you bid on / used buy now for, you'd require input from the seller who was offering it for sale. The seller has chosen to offer you the choice of using PaynPal, PPPay or Google Checkout (as you quoted above). Go into your "My eBid" and pull up the details of the auction. From the drop down box you can choose to request an invoice from the seller, leave the seller a message or whatever else you think is appropriate. If the seller fails to make contact then just ignore them and move on. Any feedback they leave can be removed later if Support think it to be unjustified. If you do choose to pay I suggest you make sure to use a method which offers you payment protection

I have bought two stamps from gazthehoover for which I received an invoice,but no to pay buttons.I have contacted the seller and advised her to post her options for payment with you,but have not received a reply,can you advise her?She emailed that she was finding some difficulty.

Hi, if the seller cannot send you a paypal invoice then you have the option of paying by cheque. There were other options listed as well.

By the way, we are not eBid management - just fellow members who help out or just chat. If you need to contact eBid then raise a support ticket via your eBid homepage help tab.

Thread Information