Thread: Buyer's Name Has a Line Through it

Forum Lurker
    View CNCJEWELRY's Feedback (+778)
    All-About CNCJEWELRY
    View CNCJEWELRY's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Buyer's Name Has a Line Through it

Hi Everyone,
    I have a feeling I know the answer to this question but I want to make sure. A buyer from GB with no feedback and left no information bid to two sets of wedding rings. As soon as I saw the bids I had my doubts! Now today there is a line through his name and it probably means he/she has been banded or has deleted his account.
    None of my other bidders or sellers have this line so I feel that is what has happened. If this is true can some one advise so I can re list these wedding band sets before Christmas.
    Billy Mabe
    CNC Jewelry

Hi there, it could be that their account is under review for some reason. I recently put in a complaint to ebid about a sellers dubious trading and without warning my account was placed on hold while they investigated. I'm told my name had a line through it. Quite a shock! Thankfully it was sorted out quickly and my account re-instated, but it is definitely a sign that the account is under review for some reason - not necessarily a bad reason, but you are right to be cautious. Have you tried emailing this person?

Forum Lurker
    View CNCJEWELRY's Feedback (+778)
    All-About CNCJEWELRY
    View CNCJEWELRY's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Cannot find a email link for this buyer

I still have two days before the auction ends but I have searched all over to find a link to ask him a question. I guess Ebid's policy which is a good one is to keep me from contacting him and making other arrangements. I never thought of that before.
    I'll just wait and see if the buyer pays.
    Searching the forums there are many reasons for a line through the name, especially if you are new waiting on a credit card or debit card to clear payment.
    Billy

Usually when a buyer or seller has a line thru their name it means trouble.
    But not always. After the auction send a message to the bidder you may find that they have had family problems or some other problem.

Have faith you still may have a sale.
    See all the items up for sale this week at Crazymama's

http://us.ebid.net/stores/crazymamas

Thread Information