eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: seperate "everything else" in search

View youmeus's Feedback (+203)
    All-About youmeus
    View youmeus's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default seperate "everything else" in search

I was looking at china/dishes and a seller also had items listed in everything else that showed in the search.

They were listed in the proper category, had to be clicked on to see descriptions but the gallery picture left no doubt that it was adult gay sex. This would not be a problem except sometimes grandchildren are also searching for items on here with me.

Is there some way to keep them from showing in the general search and only be picked up if searching for adult items?

Is it just the fact that the items are for gay people?
    or to do with sex?

Quote Originally Posted by MagnetsAndHangers View Post
    Is it just the fact that the items are for gay people?
    or to do with sex?
    well for me it would be neither as we are an openminded family ... however the problem lies with the adult material.

It's the reason that I don't allow my kids access to auctions or anything else except preapproved sites.

All-About youmeus
    View youmeus's Listings
    Forum Posts

I was not turning the kids loose, but in scanning the listings they are very in your face when not expected. And they are not expected when that is not what you are searching for.

Quote Originally Posted by youmeus View Post
    I was not turning the kids loose, but in scanning the listings they are very in your face when not expected. And they are not expected when that is not what you are searching for.
    I was actually replying to the gay/sex comment, and in no was was inferring that you let your grandkids loose on an auction site. I don't even let mine around when I am browsing .. if there is something of interest I call them in to see it.

Like I said I was replying to the reply to your comment, which I thought was a little ummmm ... unbecomming ... considering it was a reply to your post about your grandchildren, so who cares if it was the gay or the sex ... neither was befitting to grandchildren.

Quote Originally Posted by TreasureBoutique View Post
    I was actually replying to the gay/sex comment, and in no was was inferring that you let your grandkids loose on an auction site. I don't even let mine around when I am browing .. if there is something of interest I call them in to see it.

Like I said I was replying to the reply to your comment, which I thought was a little ummmm ... unbecomming ... considering it was a reply to your post about your grandchildren, so who cares if it was the gay or the sex ... neither was befitting to grandchildren.
    Gays are not befitting to grandchildren?

How the heck do you work that one out?

All-About youmeus
    View youmeus's Listings
    Forum Posts

Gays are not befitting to grandchildren?

How the heck do you work that one out?
    I don't want to argue with you but I personally do not want to promote that lifestyle.

not young ones ... I broached that subject when my kids started school and may be exposed to those topics. And as far as the sex goes .. not a subject I have had to braoch as of yet.

We are an open minded family, like I said, so when things come up .. I deal with them.

I believe everyone has a right to make choices for themselves, and that includes sexuality chioices etc.

I live very happily with my choices in life as I hope do all others with their choices.

In that case - the Gay members of this site, who pay the same fees as everyone else, have as much right to have their items appear in general search as everyone else does.

In that case - the Gay members of this site, who pay the same fees as everyone else, have as much right to have their items appear in general search as everyone else does.
    Yes they do .. but if I am looking for fairy tale stories, I would not expect to see dildo's pop up on my screen, and I believe that is all youmenus was stating, and in that I agree with her.

Without being to presumptious I believe the gays on this site would also agree, I have some gay friends and I can forcefully say, that none of them would want small children exposed to things they were just not ready for.

In conclusion if it is a fight or argument your looking for .. then I conceed ... go ahead and have the children of the world corrupted before they are even old enough to figure out that they have been.

Thread Information