Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Livid !

Forum Newbie
    View sugrnspiceadl's Feedback (-1)
    All-About sugrnspiceadl
    View sugrnspiceadl's Listings
    Forum Posts

Angry Livid !

I won a brand new dell computer here on this site yesterday. Immediately sent the money to the seller via PayPal. I log on to my email this morning to find an email from the seller saying he had sold the computer to a friend yesterday. Convenient given the price I won it for. Obviously it wasnt enough for him. How on EARTH can this be allowed to happen? And what can I do about it?

Quote Originally Posted by sugrnspiceadl View Post
    I won a brand new dell computer here on this site yesterday. Immediately sent the money to the seller via PayPal. I log on to my email this morning to find an email from the seller saying he had sold the computer to a friend yesterday. Convenient given the price I won it for. Obviously it wasnt enough for him. How on EARTH can this be allowed to happen? And what can I do about it?
    Yes, I would be livid too! If he had sold it why was it still listed? I think it is not only inexcusable but fraudulent too.
    You will have to report him to Customer Support as we can't have that happening on eBid. Also you are going to have to claim your money back from P*yp*l.
    Did you notice if he had more than one of these for sale? - that might be interesting. Can't say much more as did not see the auction or know who seller was or what his feedback is.
    Best of luck with that - someone else may have a useful contribution.
    Regards John.

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sugrnspiceadl View Post
    What had his previous customers said about his service? What you can do is leave appropriate feedback.

Forum Newbie
    All-About sugrnspiceadl
    Forum Posts

The seller is chrisnydam666. He didnt have any feedback until I posted mine, obviously not positive feedback. I went to the contact us section and it says to leave negative feedback about a user and they watch it. Shrugs. I have the money back in my paypal account, lord only knows what they will charge me for handling it. I'm a very unhappy lady right now. I have to say, my first dealing with this website isnt a positive experience at all. I emailed him and asked him to make good on the contract but I know it was futile. What I dont understand is why he didnt place a reserve on the item if he wanted a certain price for it. I was willing to pay alot more for the item than I won it for. I guess I just have to look elsewhere for that christmas present.

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

I can't comment on the charges that MIGHT be made by PP, but what makes you think they will charge you. It is the seller that was in the wrong. My only experience of reclaiming from PP was when the buyer was at fault mis-describing things I got a full refund with no charges made.

I hope you will give eBid more of a chance, can I suggest that next time you go to a seller who has feedback or some kind of track record elsewhere. There are plenty of legitimate sellers here, but the usual rules apply: if it looks too good to be true, it probably is.

My advice would be to buy something like a computer from a shop or atleast from someone with an established reputation.
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

View youmeus's Feedback (+203)
    All-About youmeus
    View youmeus's Listings
    Forum Posts

If you go to the item it will show all of the bidders, everyone had a 0 feedback. Newbies need to be more careful. Everyone is looking for a bargain this season, but they usually aren't!

Hi sugrnspiceadlu

you might want to contact supprot ( support@ebid.tv ) about this seller, also if you feel that strongly you might want to see how the law stands on breach of contract

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Make sure you contact support@ebid.net and tell them of your predicament and also to get the negative feedback removed.

~Jan~

Forum Newbie
    All-About sugrnspiceadl
    Forum Posts

I have emailed support, which is all I can do. I am hoping that the negative feedback will be removed but in truth, I no longer care. I dont like being duped. I am sure, as was pointed out by Lofty, that there are many reputable sellers within this site. Perhaps one day I will return and find one. Take care and buyers beware.

Thread Information