Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Charity store fronts - special considerations?

Forum Lurker
    Featherstone, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View treasurecat's Feedback (+47)
    All-About treasurecat
    View treasurecat's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Charity store fronts - special considerations?

I am thinking of opening one of my remaining stores to benefit my local LETS group - are there any special rules or considerations related to this? Anything I need to bear in mind?
    Come See Ye Olde Badde Librarian's Vintage Bookshoppe!

Sign up to Ebid through my Buddy Link here and get 10% off your first purchase from my listings!

View shezz's Feedback (+360)
    All-About shezz
    View shezz's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheBadLibrarian View Post
    I am thinking of opening one of my remaining stores to benefit my local LETS group - are there any special rules or considerations related to this? Anything I need to bear in mind?
    Not sure about stores

But the last full weekend in each month we hold the YDC, it's a brill way to raise money for either the nominated charity or a charity of your choice you also get to have some fun with other kt members in the pimp thread,

I will annouce the rules a week before YDC starts and if you have any ? then there are loads of peeps in the kt that could help you and if your still not sure you can always pm me,
    Last edited by shezz; 13th December 2008 at 04:32 PM.
    Life is serious but taking it too seriously robs you of
    happiness, fun and productivity

Quote Originally Posted by TheBadLibrarian View Post
    If there are any special rules then I am not aware of them, I have a charity store (banner at bottom) and all I do is list and anything that sells goes to WDCS periodically when it's at a value worth sending. Then as I use just giving to do the donations, I then put the most up to date receipts on my all about page.

WDCS are aware that I do listings for them and they just leave me to my own devices as they know they are getting all the proceeds from the auctions.

Before I contacted them they never knew that eBid was around, but they are now and an email from them basically said the way I do things earns them more money than it would do on the major site known as feebay.

As long as you make it clear where the money is going and the charity is asked if they have any objections then I don't see why you should have any issues. I sell about 5-10 items a week on average, but sometimes this is a lot more because I have had 10 people approx buy more than 5 items at the one time, one even brought 20 cd's

Forum Saint
    View Cocksparrer's Feedback (+424)
    All-About Cocksparrer
    View Cocksparrer's Listings
    Forum Posts

I do a marie curie store on ebid, but so far hardly any sales so lack of donations for marie curie

When the YDC is running I put my auctions into a store.
    I collect for Pendlebury Childrens Hospital in Manchester.
    I am an official fundraiser and am registered with them.
    Last month the YDC raised over £560 for them, aprox £40 was donated straight to the hospital and the other £520 was presented to the hospital by my grandson.
    Its a great way of raising money, and the people on here are so generous.

Thread Information