eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: shipping address?

Forum Newbie
    View netsirk's Feedback (+1)
    All-About netsirk
    View netsirk's Listings
    Forum Posts

Question shipping address?

I purchased an item and was emailed a receipt from PayPal, but the address it had was the one I wanted for billing, not shipping. Is the address from PayPal the actual shipping address? Where can I find where it will be shipped to?
    If it's wrong, how can I change this? Should I contact the seller?

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Definitely contact the seller immediately. I'm not sure, off the top of my head, what addresses get supplied to the seller when you have more than one - as a seller I'd probably expect to ship to the address held on ebid and shown on the listing record. So definitely clarify for your seller, and save yourself any possible hassle unravelling misunderstandings!

Forum Newbie
    View netsirk's Feedback (+1)
    All-About netsirk
    View netsirk's Listings
    Forum Posts

thanks =)

Quote Originally Posted by netsirk View Post
    I purchased an item and was emailed a receipt from PayPal, but the address it had was the one I wanted for billing, not shipping. Is the address from PayPal the actual shipping address? Where can I find where it will be shipped to?
    If it's wrong, how can I change this? Should I contact the seller?
    I nearly always ship to a confirmed Paypal address as I suspect many sellers do.
    To be on the safe side I would defiantly contact the seller with your required delivery address just to be on the safe side

Paypal normally give seller the registered address, if you want it sent to another address, then the buyer should change it on the paypal side before paying, me & paul do this, but only normally just change the name, however I have changed it 3 times all together as 1 went to my SS, 1 went to a mate who don't have computer & one went to my mum for a pressie

I only ship to PP verified address, unless the buyer has done business with me in the past and I find them reliable and trustworthy. This means, I won't ship to another address (even as a supposed gift) for a new buyer with little or no feedback.. I follow my gut instinct otherwise - when something like "ship to this address, not the one you get from p*yp*l" , I will take a VERY close look at the buyer, and their feedback, etc. Even if it is a U.S. address in the same area as the buyer's I am very careful about confirming this.. and in fact Ive been known to "stall" a little bit... One time out of thousands of transactions, I have, in fact, had a paypal payment reversed because the "buyer" had their Feebay and Poopal account hacked.... and they had requested me to send the item to an address which was actually about 50 miles from the verified address.. but something just did not feel "right" about it. I made an excuse to the "buyer" to delay shipping a couple days extra.. the day I planned to ship, I boxed up the item went to print out the invoice and pay postage on PP, logged in, and immediately saw the reversed transaction, checked email again and found notification from PP that transaction had been reversed due to unauthorized access of the account... I felt bad for all the sellers that had shipped right away , as it was likely they would never get the money , or items, back.

So.. My policy is, I only ship to verified PP address, unless I am 100% certain and confident of the buyer, and their request to ship elsewhere.
    Many changes yet again, started a new venture, and you can watch my store grow here: Really Rural Woodworks

Sheffield, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View nanny18's Feedback (+115)
    All-About nanny18
    View nanny18's Listings
    Forum Posts

sold item .quick payment.Item addressed to PayPal given address.suggestion that i verify address(by pay pal)Contacted buyer who sent different address of friend.When i said i would prefer to send to Paypal address i was sent yet another address.I contacted buyer to say i would send to the pay pal addy that was on original mail.Payment quick so i sent it quick.Will paypal still support deal if item sent to a different address.from the on they have.Just wondered.nanny18

If you don't ship to the address that PP give you, you won't be covered if the item goes astray.

Contact the buyer and get them to enter the shipment address on their PP account.
    Why not take a quick look at my Stores?

Find all kinds of books HERE

Find 'Plus Size' Clothes HERE

Find NEW tiny Baby Stuff HERE

Find 'Bits & Bobs' HERE

Sheffield, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View nanny18's Feedback (+115)
    All-About nanny18
    View nanny18's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Address

Thought so.I sent it to pay pal address signed delivery to be sure.
    3 different addresses seemed a bit strange. nanny18

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

What is the coverage difference between sellers on eBay and off eBay?

The Seller Protection policy is slightly different for sellers who accept payments for items sold off eBay. Sellers who sell off eBay are still required to post their items to a confirmed address, while sellers on eBay no longer need to post items to a confirmed address.
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

Thread Information