eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why no phone # allowed in listings??

Forum Newbie
    All-About gator4324
    View gator4324's Listings
    Forum Posts

Angry Why no phone # allowed in listings??

I came to ebid in hopes of escaping some of the tyranny and oppression of ebay, but am dissappointed that many of the same practices exist here. And in fact, even ebay allows phone numbers to be listed in their auctions. So does Gunbroker.com. Someone DESPERATELY needs to slay the ultimately evil and unapologetic dragon that is ebay, and it would be great if ebid could be that knight. But from what I've seen so far, it ain't here either. Better and more accessible customer service is needed, as well as a greater emphasis on personal responsibility. It is very difficult - even more so than on ebay - to get customer service on ebid. Phone help would be a dream, but short of that, live chat help or at least easily accessible email help would be a big improvement. Then I'll gladly join as a Lifetime Seller.

What is needed is for ebid (or some auction site) to become a true 'caveat emptor' auction where neither the buyers nor the sellers expect the auction host to act a government oversight body, protecting everone from everything. This is America, where capitalism, thoughful independence and self-reliance once reigned. Now we are all victims, seeking a villian as root of our troubles. I don't want another set of parents, or another internet moral police force. I want to do my own reasearch, take my own calculated risks, and live with the consequences. How 'bout it ebid?

Quote Originally Posted by gator4324 View Post
    It is very difficult - even more so than on ebay - to get customer service on ebid. Phone help would be a dream, but short of that, live chat help or at least easily accessible email help would be a big improvement. Then I'll gladly join as a Lifetime Seller.
    What's so hard about
    Help - Contact Us - Click here to open a support ticket

Or either of the 2 support email addresses
    support@ebid.tv or support@ebid.net ?

I doubt live chat would be much help to those in the US,Australia,New Zealand, South Africa,Canada. Singapore or India as the guys are in the UK, & we do allow them to sleep sometimes.

BTW I think the reason for no contact details in your listings is because eBid is an Auction Site, not a Classified Ads one.
    Last edited by Gothicina; 19th December 2008 at 05:51 AM.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

I imagine no phone number is allowed in listings as some might abuse this and sell off site. If anyone has a question about a listing they can use the 'ask a question' feature on the listing.
    ebid has very good customer service. You can either send your query to the helpdesk, where you receive a ticket number straight away followed up with a personal response, or you can post your query on these forums where you will get peer help.

Please also check the ebid help pages as they give a lot of guidance to both buyers and sellers on their personal responsibilities.

These forums are international, you will meet ebidders from up to 17 different nations here - and plenty of examples of capitalism, thoughtfulness and self reliance

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

Plus there is the personal data problem of e-mail addresses and phone numbers being harvested by people for spamming.
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

Customer service is brilliant on eBid OP. I have always had a polite and courteous response whenever I have had a problem. In fact I have even asked a qustion at 2.00am and had a reply waiting for me when I woke up the next morning!

You don't get those dreadful automated emails, that have nothing whatsoever to do with your original question, here on eBid!

I thought under the current legislation a phone number and address had to be displayed for Buisness sellers under the long distance selling regulations.

Quote Originally Posted by gator4324 View Post
    I came to ebid in hopes of escaping some of the tyranny and oppression of ebay, but am dissappointed that many of the same practices exist here. And in fact, even ebay allows phone numbers to be listed in their auctions. So does Gunbroker.com. Someone DESPERATELY needs to slay the ultimately evil and unapologetic dragon that is ebay, and it would be great if ebid could be that knight. But from what I've seen so far, it ain't here either. Better and more accessible customer service is needed, as well as a greater emphasis on personal responsibility. It is very difficult - even more so than on ebay - to get customer service on ebid. Phone help would be a dream, but short of that, live chat help or at least easily accessible email help would be a big improvement. Then I'll gladly join as a Lifetime Seller.

What is needed is for ebid (or some auction site) to become a true 'caveat emptor' auction where neither the buyers nor the sellers expect the auction host to act a government oversight body, protecting everone from everything. This is America, where capitalism, thoughful independence and self-reliance once reigned. Now we are all victims, seeking a villian as root of our troubles. I don't want another set of parents, or another internet moral police force. I want to do my own reasearch, take my own calculated risks, and live with the consequences. How 'bout it ebid?
    Hi OP and welcome to eBid. I can see no reason why someone would want to put there phone number on their listings, as it could lead to all sorts of problems ( a spammers dream ). I have found that eBid has a very fast, Workable customer service, with fast and accurate replys from real people. As this is a venue for people to sell from then you would expect that the owners will have in place a set of Guidlines with which people would be required to operate within, this is for protection of both sellers and buyers alike. without these guidlines then there would be a lot of dissapointed sellers and buyers due to the very high number of bad deals which would take place. as can be seen elsewhere. There is no obligation on the part of anyone to have to accept these guidlines. Anyone not satisfied with what they see at eBid has the option not to join.
    Myositis in Focus : my website on the awareness of the Muscle inflammatory disease

My Daily Journal : my Daily Blog " Living with Dermatomyositis

Years Gone By My Genealogy and Family History store

Hi and welcome to ebid. Ebid's customer support is excellent. If you need to contact them, I've found they actually answer my emails to support within 24 hours [no canned responses].

Also, when I started on ebid I was able to find most of the answers to my questions on these forums just by searching the forums. 90% of the time the answer could be found there.

RE: phone numbers. I wouldn't want them in my listings. That's just my personal opinion. But as stated above, the buyer could ask for it by asking you a question.

Ebid is not like the dark side [thankfully]. They have rules but by no means are a dictator site. Best of luck to you.

Now if I phoned you at 10am I would probably get you out of bed at 3am your time, do you still think having your phone number is a good idea
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Gator - you joined us on the 18th - by 19th you are complaining about us!!

Please - give yourself some time to get used to navigating the site. It doesn't work like feebay (which should make you happy!) and in terms of customer service, it is FAR superior.

If you have a question that can't be answered here, go and get a support ticket, and you will get a PERSONAL answer quite quickly.

I for one, would NOT like to see my phone number displayed on my listings - there are always saddos who use that sort of information for ulterior purposes!

"This is America", -
    Not from where I'm standing, it isn't!!!
    Last edited by JudesNiceThings; 20th December 2008 at 09:07 AM.
    Why not take a quick look at my Stores?

Find all kinds of books HERE

Find 'Plus Size' Clothes HERE

Find NEW tiny Baby Stuff HERE

Find 'Bits & Bobs' HERE

Thread Information