My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Combined Invoices

Smile Combined Invoices

Just had my first sale of more than one item.

Must admit - was a bit confused as to how to join all items together.

Still don't think I managed to get the postage part right - I only needed the first postage - the second and third items didn't need any extra - but I still think I made a mistake on the invoice - and it took all of the postage off.

Not too worried - but what do other sellers do about the postage part of the invoice with combined items ???

Any help appreciated.

Jules
    There is now a mini-mall all of its own with several different departments from you to browse through and choose the items you would like to purchase.

http://for-everything-genealogy.ebid.net/
    Together Lets Discover Your Past

When you have all items on invoice the postage thing has a default set to %, I always change this to £, then put in the amount of postage discout in the box.

Heres an example of an invoice I sent that had more than 1 item

Name:  capture01 23-Dec-08 02.07.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  57.2 KB

Now what the invoice will do at the buyers end is divide the amount of discount between the amount of items, so in the case of the invoice I have shown it will take 25p off each of the 3 items.

Hope this helps you

I had to change mine to $AUS - but I added the postage for items 2 and 3 and used that as the discount.

I don't know if that is right - but the first postage amount was enough to cover all 3 sales.

Jules
    There is now a mini-mall all of its own with several different departments from you to browse through and choose the items you would like to purchase.

http://for-everything-genealogy.ebid.net/
    Together Lets Discover Your Past

I got very confused first time I did it as I didn't realize that there was % or £GBP.

Sounds fine what you did, I once sold 3 items as well and was very surprised about how little extra postage was needed. Hopefull the buyer will know that they got a great deal.

Well it will not work if there is one auction that only offers first class postage and the second offers parcel or priority. I just gave up and sent buyer an invoice myself. I wish ebid would just total the auctions together and let the sellers put in the new shipping rate at the end of closed auctions if you are combining shipping on 2 or more auctions.

Forum Newbie
    Letchworth Garden City, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
    View JamesDaddy's Feedback (+38080)
    All-About JamesDaddy
    View JamesDaddy's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default New problem i've encountered

I've had a lot of multiply buyers and have had my first issue with combining invoices.

When it comes to taking of the extra postage ,it appears okay on the invoice but when the user tries to pay by PayPal it shows as a negative balance.

HELP!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesDaddy View Post
    I've had a lot of multiply buyers and have had my first issue with combining invoices.

When it comes to taking of the extra postage ,it appears okay on the invoice but when the user tries to pay by PayPal it shows as a negative balance.

HELP!!!
    James...Several users are encountering this today. Look under forum re: glitches and let Gazza know. I put link to forum below. Good luck.

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Fixed.

Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Thread Information