Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Gazza/Mark Number of item available

View rokins_toys's Feedback (+770)
    All-About rokins_toys
    View rokins_toys's Listings
    Forum Posts

Arrow Gazza/Mark Number of item available

There was a thread about this before, but went back like 15 pages but couldn't find it.

Anyway, basically, I listed two items, 30th Anniversary 2008 EVO & JUMP Troopers. However, it says there is one available of each and no matter how many times I edit it to set it 2 available on both, it seems to stay at one available. I've even tried logging out and logging back in. Cleared browsing history as well. Still showing up on both as being one available when it should be 2 available on each. Any suggestions or should I just end the listings and try again?
    “Doing business without proper advertising is like winking at a girl in the dark. You know what you are doing but nobody else does and the girl doesn't even know you're winking at her either."

Quote Originally Posted by darth_reaper View Post
    There was a thread about this before, but went back like 15 pages but couldn't find it.

Anyway, basically, I listed two items, 30th Anniversary 2008 EVO & JUMP Troopers. However, it says there is one available of each and no matter how many times I edit it to set it 2 available on both, it seems to stay at one available. I've even tried logging out and logging back in. Cleared browsing history as well. Still showing up on both as being one available when it should be 2 available on each. Any suggestions or should I just end the listings and try again?
    This is not a glitch.

You cannot change a listing from 1 to more than 1, nor can you change a listing of more than 1 down to just 1

What you have to do is close the auction then use the repost this auction from the unsold area when it's gone there and then you can start the auction again, but make sure you change the quantity to the correct amount.

Hope this helps you

View rokins_toys's Feedback (+770)
    All-About rokins_toys
    View rokins_toys's Listings
    Forum Posts

On the repost of the listings before, I set the quanity as 2 on both, still only showed as one. Think I might have to just cancel and delete the current listings and redo the posts from scratch again.

I wasn't aware that you couldn't change the quantity after you've listed an item which is why I thought it might be a glitch. And if you list the wrong quantity in error, a common mistake many make, then you should be allowed to change it without having to end a listing as it would be easier than ending the listing, editing and reposting when you can simply edit while it's live instead, that just makes more sense to me lol!

I was under the impression you could change the quantity of an item while the listing is live because when you go into edit while it's live, it still lets you change the quantity, so I think eBid should either allow you to change the quantity while the listing is live or freeze that section during editing of a live listing so it can't changed. This is probably why people are getting confused and are finding they change the quantity of a live listing yet it doesn't change so they think it's a glitch.

Anyway, I'll do it the long way, end it, edit it, repost it. Then maybe one day we'll be allowed to change quantaties while it's live which is just easier lol.
    Last edited by darth_reaper; 11th January 2009 at 01:46 AM.
    “Doing business without proper advertising is like winking at a girl in the dark. You know what you are doing but nobody else does and the girl doesn't even know you're winking at her either."

On eBid, an auction with more than one item is referred to as a Dutch auction. It is a different auction type to a regular, single item auction. You cannot change auction type on a live listing. You can change the quantity using any whole number in the range of two to twenty five, but you cannot change the type.

Quote Originally Posted by darth_reaper View Post
    On the repost of the listings before, I set the quanity as 2 on both, still only showed as one. Think I might have to just cancel and delete the current listings and redo the posts from scratch again.

I wasn't aware that you couldn't change the quantity after you've listed an item which is why I thought it might be a glitch. And if you list the wrong quantity in error, a common mistake many make, then you should be allowed to change it without having to end a listing as it would be easier than ending the listing, editing and reposting when you can simply edit while it's live instead, that just makes more sense to me lol!

I was under the impression you could change the quantity of an item while the listing is live because when you go into edit while it's live, it still lets you change the quantity, so I think eBid should either allow you to change the quantity while the listing is live or freeze that section during editing of a live listing so it can't changed. This is probably why people are getting confused and are finding they change the quantity of a live listing yet it doesn't change so they think it's a glitch.

Anyway, I'll do it the long way, end it, edit it, repost it. Then maybe one day we'll be allowed to change quantaties while it's live which is just easier lol.
    If you close the auction, wait for the closed auction to go into your unsold tab in my eBid, then click on the title and then click the repost this auction as shown in this image & all you will have to do is change the quantity, then preview, them submit.

Name:  capture01 11-Jan-09 01.57.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  14.2 KB

View terry5732's Feedback (+1374)
    All-About terry5732
    View terry5732's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Similar but different

I had a Dutch auction running. Sold a couple of the item. Broke one item while getting out the others to ship. I cannot adjust quantity. I closed the listing so I could relist with the proper number.

I did not get an opportunity to adjust the quantity in the relist. It is actually more wrong now. It relisted with the original number. I cannot end the listing.

Pretty bad when you can't end a listing and the items are no longer available.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

If you're still struggling to close the new listing, try changing the end time for a minute or so's time.

View terry5732's Feedback (+1374)
    All-About terry5732
    View terry5732's Listings
    Forum Posts

That worked - THANKS!

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Welcome

Thread Information