My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Duplicate listings

Question Duplicate listings

I know that if you have duplicate items you are supposed to list them as a dutch auctions. My question is, what if you come across a seller who has listed them individually? Do you ask a question and let the seller know they are violating ebid's rules? Thanks.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I would take each case separately, since there are so many variables. Do you think they know it's wrong and don't care; do you think they're new and innocents abroad; do they seem likely to tell you to mind your own expletive business; or thank you warmly and rush to change things; have you got time to get into a discussion; do you know them from the forums; are they doing anything else wrong; how long is that piece of string over there... ?

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Pointing out the matter to the individual would be the polite thing to do. Unfortunately, in the modern world, many people do not accept 'polite' and the response could be not what you expected.

If you do point it out to them and then someone else reports them to eBid then they will likely assume that you did it. Again the response may not be what you would wish.

I tend to leave the policing of the site to eBid unless something directly impacts on me. Then I would take it straight to eBid and let them make a determination and act on it accordingly.

I guess I'll just not do anything and let ebid admin handle it. I assume they have a way of spotting duplicates. Thanks for the responses.

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View bluebedouin's Feedback (+107)
    All-About bluebedouin
    View bluebedouin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by florida33549 View Post
    ...... I assume they have a way of spotting duplicates.....
    I think the jury's still out on that one.I know Gazza posted that reported duplicates would be automatically checked & there has been talk of new listings being picked up.I do still find duplicates & ,as Kimbo says,depending on certain criteria,I either inform the seller or report them.
    You have nothing to lose by reporting.The site has a lot to gain.

Quote Originally Posted by bluebedouin View Post
    I think the jury's still out on that one.I know Gazza posted that reported duplicates would be automatically checked & there has been talk of new listings being picked up.I do still find duplicates & ,as Kimbo says,depending on certain criteria,I either inform the seller or report them.
    You have nothing to lose by reporting.The site has a lot to gain.
    Thanks. I sent an email to ebid support with a link to the user's auctions. Now it's in their hands. Appreciate the assistance.

Well I heard back from support & their response was: Thanks for your mail.Please can you use the Auction patrol button on listing pages to report infringements. This speeds up the process. Thank you.

So I did on a couple of items, but then sent the following back to support: This ebidder has over 4000 auctions running and about 1/2 seem to be duplicates. I sent a few to you but I'm not going through all of them. I thought ebid had a program that scanned for duplicate titles, which is what this ebidder has. Am I wrong?

So we'll see. Not quite sure why the seller didn't offer dutch auctions. They've been a seller for 6 months, so perhaps they don't know duplicates are not allowed.

Thread Information