eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Wow

Forum Diehard
    View MrsBentley's Feedback (+5)
    All-About MrsBentley
    View MrsBentley's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Wow

I just really realized how much PayPal actually charges! I usually have small orders so when they took over a dollar out for a 20 purchased i was floored!

Forum Diehard
    View QCPOTS's Feedback (+52)
    All-About QCPOTS
    View QCPOTS's Listings
    Forum Posts

its just because you are in Connecticut

no one else pays that much,

I have PP but not using it anymore too expensive.

View harold69's Feedback (+369)
    All-About harold69
    View harold69's Listings
    Forum Posts

Just think. if you had darkside fees on that also

Since I ventured away from Eb**, I've started using various other electronic payment methods and I agree with you - the amount PP charges is truely shocking. When selling just on the dark side I just assumed that was the norm, as they don't allow any alternatives; it's been quite an eye opener since I left them.
    I suppose, since they're owned by E***; it's just their part of being outrageously greedy. Any other auction site and electronic payment method I've found since my E*** days is very considerably cheaper then them. Since I left them my monthly fees have dropped to about 5% of what they used to be - I can afford to have slower sales when my fees are that much less - my net return is just about the same as it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsBentley View Post
    I just really realized how much PayPal actually charges! I usually have small orders so when they took over a dollar out for a 20 purchased i was floored!
    Mrs. Bentley, You might also want to check out Revolution MoneyExchange [RME]. It can only be used by US sellers and buyers, but it's free up to $2500/month transactions. Just google it to find out more. I've had 3 buyers pay me that way already. It's FDIC insured also.

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

Also I have heard good things about Alertpay, which does international payments. It covers most of the eBid territories except India - the only payment system I have found that covers there is Moneybookers, but they are very expensive like Poolpal.

Although I have been told that people from India can pay through Google Checkout. But as India isn't among the Countries listed on their site; it may have been that the person opened an account while in the UK.
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

Quote Originally Posted by lofty100e View Post
    Also I have heard good things about Alertpay, which does international payments. It covers most of the eBid territories except India - the only payment system I have found that covers there is Moneybookers, but they are very expensive like Poolpal.

Although I have been told that people from India can pay through Google Checkout. But as India isn't among the Countries listed on their site; it may have been that the person opened an account while in the UK.
    What makes you say that moneybookers is expensive? It's free to the seller, but incurs a small percentage fee (I think it's 2%) to the buyer up to a max of 50p in a single transaction. However, there is a £1.50 withdrawal fee to get your money transferred to your bank/credit card account, but if you use them regularly, you can let the funds accumulate and only withdraw once they reach a certain amount. I certainly use them regularly, but just leave the money there until I go over £100, which means the withdrawal fee is 1.5% and that's all I pay to use them.

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

The reason I reffered to them as expensive mainlypostcards, is because they are when compared to the opposition (Google Checkout 1.5% + £0.15); and auctionchex are also cheaper.
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

Thread Information