eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: What do you think is a fair price for a custom ebid shop logo?

I have an idea Jon, since you are offering free banners as a way to advertise yourself...why not hop into the auctions for charity? That way you'll get advertisement, help out a good cause and also earn feedback too? Just a thought.

Whilst on the subject of banners I wonder what you'd make of the ones on my stores, and yes I'm one of that 'older' generation
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Forum Newbie
    Sheffield, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View bawebsitedesign's Feedback (+1)
    All-About bawebsitedesign
    View bawebsitedesign's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Naturalistslibrary View Post
    So, first off the logo's and banners are cr*p, and now nothing sells on here anyway.
    That sure is one big hole your digging there
    I didnt say that did i??? is it true or false, sales on here are significantly lower than feebay? is it true or false, many people use free banners that are poorly designed?
    im not saying everyones free banner looks rubbish, im saying quite a few people have tacky looking ones which coudl effect sales.

View nagor's Feedback (+17)
    All-About nagor
    View nagor's Listings
    Forum Posts

The difference her these are real people not just store fronts. Ebay started the exact same way it ws a nice community like here and than it boomed. You have Real Estate Shops selling on it using tricky advertising but not actually offering a bargain. Here you will get a bargain and it will catch on the same way it just takes time I just hope the community spirit stays the same as now. I have been looking here at the boards for a long time and they are nice people trying to do something good for themselves and for others.

The Banners on some sites may not be fantastic or the pictures but they are real people trying to do something differnt and help others achieve. Many have offered their services for nothing to help others get on. The problem is that young people today think their has to be something in it for them if they offer help. This is why its called a community they help each other.

Elizabeths Cosmetic Shop

Elizabeths Household Shop

Forum Newbie
    Forum Posts

hello ken
    your banners look fine, there clean/clear and simple plus they blend in well with the colour of your header. Yours do exactly what they need to do, you havent bothered using swirly fonts or adding pictures of things that are irrelevant to your listing.

this is where a lot of people go wrong when desiging using free banner sites etc, sometimes many people just add extra features because they can, not because its needed, thus it can end up crowded and tacky etc.

Quote Originally Posted by kengillam View Post
    Whilst on the subject of banners I wonder what you'd make of the ones on my stores, and yes I'm one of that 'older' generation

Forum Newbie
    Forum Posts

good idea, will do.
    Quote Originally Posted by summerdreams View Post
    I have an idea Jon, since you are offering free banners as a way to advertise yourself...why not hop into the auctions for charity? That way you'll get advertisement, help out a good cause and also earn feedback too? Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by nagor View Post
    The Banners on some sites may not be fantastic or the pictures but they are real people trying to do something different and help others achieve. Many have offered their services for nothing to help others get on. The problem is that young people today think their has to be something in it for them if they offer help. This is why its called a community they help each other.
    Not always.
    My youngest makes all my banners and templates and he made me a web site for my last birthday and he is 22.
    Please Visit my Book Store:

Affordable books Books

Family Members:
    Gothicina

My Children:
    Honehe
    Niffnaff
    Tozcentral

I checked out youtr price. people do not even want to spend that much to join Ebid and be a member. actually there are alot of people do this free to help people out . I for 1 would help people for free . I think most people just want a little personal touch to there store and even this forum site.if most people learn where to make there banners for free, which there is alot and even if they decided to buy a banner making program would be alot less than you want plus they get the experience on banner making and eventually get more in return doing something for somebody.the personal praise you receive is better than money.you do something nice for somebody they repay you in other way's you can have alot of money from sales..and no friends.. or you can have alot of friends . with no money .Do you see anybody on Greedbay with Banners ?? your banners look too commercial..
    I think people on Ebid like to add there own personal touches like leeping frogs / flying birds / sitting in a chair having a Brewski..cats with ear muffs !! big Diaper pins / smiles and frowns / maybe you should contact the other market on the other side. just my opinion but I really your sales for banners will be
    ZZIILCHH on Ebid ???? Shining Stars. oh by the way my banners I made for free with the help of some friends on Ebid..

http://us.ebid.net/stores/Shining-St...-1-Coins-Stuff
    http://us.ebid.net/stores/Shining-Stars-New-Store1
    ALOHA !!
    I am a Newie from Ebay and really enjoying Ebid.
    Mahalo to all of You Here on Ebid...

I used that same site to make my banner.. with a little practice and patience you will be proud of the banner you make plus you can keep making new banners and change the one you have. try that freebanner site out it works nice. if you have problems than ask and somebody will help you.this site here is an important job to be done ! and everybody is sure Somebody would do it, Anybody could have done it . but Nobody did it. Somebody got angry about that because it was Everybody's job.
    Everybody thought that Anybody could do it. but Nobody realized that Everybody wouldn't do it. not sure if I want to keep going with this ?? Anybody / Somebody / Everybody got any responce.. sure hope Nobody respond's. Shining Stars.

http://us.ebid.net/stores/Shining-St...-1-Coins-Stuff
    http://us.ebid.net/stores/Shining-Stars-New-Store1
    ALOHA !!
    I am a Newie from Ebay and really enjoying Ebid.
    Mahalo to all of You Here on Ebid...

Forum Newbie
    Forum Posts

the auction you looked at isnt the ebid banner auction (i just threw that in as a free extra) Its for a professional logo designing with full resizable vector image. Something you would pay a LOT more for from other companys. (Try searching for company logo design on google, your looking at £150-300 easy)

I understand their are people who do 'banner design' for free but i have yet to see a really great ebid banner. most people have used the free banner websites (some that include a horrible watermark). Poped a random image in the background and put some jaggered font text in front. Kens is probablly the first one ive seen that isnt over crowded and look professional etc

"I think people on Ebid like to add there own personal touches like leeping frogs / flying birds / sitting in a chair having a Brewski..cats with ear muffs !! big Diaper pins / smiles and frowns"

thats fine all im saying is it can effect your sales. A good logo/brand image can give off an impression you run your auctions like a company or are indeed a company. And sadly its a fact most people prefer to buy from a company for security (how many items have you bought from a big store becuase you know you can take an item back if its faulty, why not go to your local market get the same thing cheaper?). If your from ebay and buying from a new site (ebid), you would want to know the person or store/business (let be honest if you open a store your attempting to be more like a business) will acept refunds, will reply to calls etc all of which is associated with a company.

"maybe you should contact the other market on the other side"
    I did sold many logos/ templates etc and helped many many people drastically increase their sales. (Only reason im here is because ebay cant understand 2 people can live in one house.)

Do you see anybody on Greedbay with Banners ?? your banners look too commercial..
    err yes nearly every ebay store?!?

Quote Originally Posted by shiningstars View Post
    I checked out youtr price. people do not even want to spend that much to join Ebid and be a member. actually there are alot of people do this free to help people out . I for 1 would help people for free . I think most people just want a little personal touch to there store and even this forum site.if most people learn where to make there banners for free, which there is alot and even if they decided to buy a banner making program would be alot less than you want plus they get the experience on banner making and eventually get more in return doing something for somebody.the personal praise you receive is better than money.you do something nice for somebody they repay you in other way's you can have alot of money from sales..and no friends.. or you can have alot of friends . with no money .Do you see anybody on Greedbay with Banners ?? your banners look too commercial..
    I think people on Ebid like to add there own personal touches like leeping frogs / flying birds / sitting in a chair having a Brewski..cats with ear muffs !! big Diaper pins / smiles and frowns / maybe you should contact the other market on the other side. just my opinion but I really your sales for banners will be
    ZZIILCHH on Ebid ???? Shining Stars. oh by the way my banners I made for free with the help of some friends on Ebid..

Thread Information