eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: anyone do pendulum dowsing?

Glasgow, South Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    View ejean9's Feedback (+946)
    All-About ejean9
    View ejean9's Listings
    Forum Posts

i meant to ask..why so many different pendulums ? do different ones do different things ?

View pearlygirl555's Feedback (+203)
    All-About pearlygirl555
    View pearlygirl555's Listings
    Forum Posts

Jean, when I dowse I like a pendulum that falls within a certain weight range and has a very precise point. Not fussy about what it is made from

We sell a lot of pendulums to folk who want a specific mineral. They tend to want the metaphysical properties of the pendulum to complement whatever they are working on. My personal belief is, the type of stone does not matter, but I respect those whose views differ from mine. There are times when I feel drawn to use one of my other pendulums (amethyst, lapis lazuli) and I just do, without analyzing the "why" behind that sense.

A reference I found handy can be downloaded for free, it is called "A Letter to Robin." I have not looked at the "companion" document they reference, but certainly plan to. A book that we recommend is by Diane Stein, "Pendulums and the Light."

It would be interesting to have some recommendations from your side of the pond
    "You're a guest of nature.....so behave!"

no.... but..... different ones work for different people....

I'll try and make this quick....

first off you need to find a pendulum that "calls" to you... just look and see which one appeals to you....

next hold it in your hand and see if it "feels right" for you some do some dont

next hold it by the chain and with your other palm under it ask for a YES.. it should move one one... then ask for a NO and it should move differently...

the the important question..."Will you allow me to work with you" (or words to that affect) it will either give you a yes or a no... if it's no put it back and try a different pendulum...

I have tried pendulums that give me a yes and a no but will refuse to move when I have asked it if it will work for me....

I have about 4 working pendulums as some days one will work for me and on anther day it wont....

Pam also has about 4 pendulums but not one will or ever has allowed me to work with it, by the same token only 2 of mine will let Pam work with them... where as all 8 will allow my mother to work with then.....

Pendulums are funny things sometimes... one will even stop dead if Pam walks into the room when I am using it

Quote Originally Posted by pearlygirl555 View Post
    It would be interesting to have some recommendations from your side of the pond
    cant help you there pearly... I learnt all my "gifts" intuitively... but then I am a Heredity psychic... mind you there are things I can do that my mother can't

All-About pearlygirl555
    Forum Posts

Are there things she can do which elude you, or are your gifts inclusive of hers, plus some of your own too?

The friends I know who have psychic abilities in the family, it tends to be that each generation gets what the previous has, plus their own skills.

That's interesting about the pendulum stopping when Pam walks in.

I've had pendulums that give me a yes or no, but crawl up the chain toward me rather than work with me.

in my case I got all my mothers abilities but got them "better" and got some of my own... she can see spirit but I can hear them and also do rescue work.... she can heal but I am far more powerful than she is

I can also do mediumship, which she can't and I can scan for spirit at a distance rather that having to visit a place...

Although at the moment "they" have left me be while I divert my energy to looking after Pam

View brishada's Feedback (+209)
    All-About brishada
    View brishada's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have 3 pendulums who seem to decide amongst themselves which 2 are going to go invisible when I need one! I have a Rudrashka, a Bronzite and a Clear Quartz.

As Somer & Pearly say choosing a pendulum really comes down to your own intuition, there is no right or wrong way to choose one.

My pendulums have no problem letting anyone else use them and likewise I’ve not come across one that wouldn’t work with me… yet! It’s a bit of a myth that you shouldn’t let anyone else use your pendulum…

Blessings
    Sharon

All-About ejean9
    View ejean9's Listings
    Forum Posts

thanks all for your advice..will take all advice when i go to look for one..Pearly thanks for the link..will look at it in detail later..

All-About pearlygirl555
    Forum Posts

What's a "rudrashaka?" Is it a type of stone? We don't often see bronzite here, and I have never been asked if we carry any. I have a bronzite cabachon that I mean to wire wrap someday, it reminds me of pietersite.

All-About ejean9
    View ejean9's Listings
    Forum Posts

ok..after much searching ! i have a Merkabah pendulum...off to do some research !

Thread Information