Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Need my next eBid lesson please....

Default Need my next eBid lesson please....

Can anyone tell me where I find some info about how to add a clickable link to my about me or auction pages so that new people can sign up if not already eBid users?? Thanks.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

The link you want can be found on your "my buddy" section, and you add the link using the globe/link icon in the wysiwyg editor.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thank you very much you two - went for a walk as suggested and I am now educated! Well, at least until I discover the next thing I can't do.......

View harold69's Feedback (+369)
    All-About harold69
    View harold69's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lejoueurdepipeau View Post
    Thank you very much you two - went for a walk as suggested and I am now educated! Well, at least until I discover the next thing I can't do.......
    Boy, do i know that story, have fun, i sure have

Chester - Le - Street, Durham, United Kingdom
    View Armstrongs's Feedback (+1436)
    All-About Armstrongs
    View Armstrongs's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lejoueurdepipeau View Post
    Yep, banner works a treat

But now my curiosity is killing me ......what are the "jelly rolls" used for?

Yvonne x

Look here for Crafty Bits

Find the Beamish Bazaar here!

I'M A YDC SUPPORTER!
    Find eBid's monthly charity auctions HERE on the 24th!

Default Jelly roll

lol - Well I do know the answer to that one!! Thanks for asking.

Jelly rolls are for those who love patchwork (or quilting as our American chums would call it!). Many designs for patchwork quilts are based on 2.5inch strips which all have to be cut - so a few years ago one enterprising manufacturer (moda) started selling one 2.5 inch strip of each of the fabrics from their latest range ready cut and rolled into a "jelly roll" -usually about 40 strips. This means you can get to the sewing much faster and it is a relatively inexpensive way to have a lovely set of co-ordinating fabrics for a multi coloured quilt. One roll can be enough for a quilt depending on the design.

They really are "all the rage" in the patchwork community; other manufacturers have followed suit and designers are now producing masses of patterns using them. Other shapes are now being sold in pre-cut bundles too - 1.5 inch strips (a honey bun) 10inch squares (layer cakes), triangles (turnovers). They would probably sell even better on ebid if they could bring out something that related to chocolate rather than cakes!!

When "stampsulove" has his "craftsonebid" site up and running I will be putting pictures of some of my own humble efforts using jelly rolls in the gallery there!

You have made me think that maybe I should put a more detailed explanation on the listings .... Thanks.

Thread Information