Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So mad I was in tears...

Forum Diehard
    View MrsBentley's Feedback (+5)
    All-About MrsBentley
    View MrsBentley's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default So mad I was in tears...

Ok I LOVE to take pictures! I have a Nikon Coolpix L16. Which I loved; until about a month ago it started corrupting my files and deleting my pictures. Yesterday was my daughters first trip to the dentist, and she did so well, and so I took pictures. The camera deleted half of them and then corrupted the entire SD card. So nothing on it is salvagable.

I call Customer Service, I get someone in India, which really ****es me off because I hate outsourcing. We are so in need of jobs here in America, they should keep American jobs in America! Just as I believe they should keep UK jobs in theUK, Canadian jobs in Canada and so on. But that is another rant. So, I call cs and he goes on to tell me that if I would have read page 91 of the manual I would have seen that my memory card is not compatable with the camera. I start flipping out like who actually reads to page 91?! I don't have time for that! I have 2 toddlers, a job and I go to school! Seriously! He then told me "it clearly states on page 60 to read page 91 for more information." I am like that is something that should be on the box! Or on a little slip of paper that take 1 cent to print that says WARNING use only Toshiba memory cards with this camera! Read page 91 for more details. It is a problem that the company knows about! Obviously otherwise it wouldn't be on page 91. I started cring because all of those pictures are gone now. I hate Corporate America. They are all about a dime. Then they blow it, need us to bail them out, and then they spend 18 billion out of 720 billion of our bailout money to go to bonuses!

Well long rant short. i bought a new camera and will never buy another Nikon.

View CrazyJay's Feedback (+149)
    All-About CrazyJay
    View CrazyJay's Listings
    Forum Posts

Before you delete or format that card (I know it may be too late now.) It might be worth asking if anybody can rescue the images for you.

If you can get hold of the Sandisk software Rescue Pro - There is a really good chance you can get back those lost images.

Sandisk are based in America, and will probably be able to advise. But feel free to message me if you need any help.

For those who aren't fussy about filtering what I sell - Take a look at ALL my stuff above. - But for more specific listings, take a peek in the stores below.

TOY-PALLOI - For all sorts of traditional playthings!

THE PAPERBOYS PLEASURE - For Books & Magazines

OUT ON THE FLOOR - For Records - (mainly 1950's - 60's)

VIEWPOINT - Photographic Equipment

THE SCRAPYARD - Spare parts for old cars and bikes

Forum Diehard
    All-About MrsBentley
    Forum Posts

thanks I will look into that. I was so mad I was practically screaming at him "its not about the money! Its about 20 years from now those memories will fade!"

View Rednosty's Feedback (+998)
    All-About Rednosty
    View Rednosty's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have TWO nikon Coolpics and I love them! (Wife uses one) Its a 7600 Have had coolpix since 2100 and progressed through to the later ones and Never had any problems with them at all (Except the earlier ones and that was because I dropped it onto concrete!!)
    Sorry you've lost your pics! I purchased a Memory card and found it didnt work and could not work out why Until I read P 61!
    Last edited by Rednosty; 25th February 2009 at 02:47 PM.

Vintage Mechanical and Quartz Watches
    and collectables

Click on the link to enter my store

Why not visit my New Store. Where you will find almost anything

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Rednostys-All-Sorts-Store

I'm sorry you've lost your piccys, but to be fair, it isn't Nikons fault that you didn't read the manual and check what sort of card you should use. With any piece of technology you should always read through the manual at least once.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Stoke-On-Trent, Staffordshire, United Kingdom
    View prism2's Feedback (+95)
    All-About prism2
    View prism2's Listings
    Forum Posts

I just think that you should have been given a compatible card from manufactuers if you can only use 1 type of card.

They won't do this becuase it will cost them slightly more,
    Paul

Partner trades as Raindropsies

Hi,

Sorry to hear about the loss of your photos, there is a free recovery programe you can get courtesy of a link from Yorkie on his eBid 'All About' page. It worked for me when one of my cards corrupted.

http://uk.four.ebid.net/perl/normal....heir-all-about
    Now selling Air Dry Clay click here.

View playtowin's Feedback (+704)
    All-About playtowin
    View playtowin's Listings
    Forum Posts

i have a sandisk memory card that has been corrupted- cant open the files on it or format it so its now useless- i had wondered why this happened- it worked fine in a little vivitar camera of my sons- it was formatted- put into my kodak, took the pics and now nothing, i wonder if it could be a similar reason.
    (another lengthy manual)

Forum Diehard
    All-About MrsBentley
    Forum Posts

My whole thing; is when I bought this camera, I was working two jobs, had a 9 month old and a 2 year old AND was going to school full time. I am a normal woman; 20 billion things to do! It didn't start doing this until 6 months down the line. It still broke my heart because I love taking pictures! I love scrapbooking (if I ever find the time). I just think it is something that they should put on the box. It will cost them like 5 extra cents a box, and they can jack the price up 5 dollars like they do anyway (nobody would ever notice).

(Still trying to get my head round taking pics at the DENTIST'S!!!!)
    Why not take a quick look at my Stores?

Find all kinds of books HERE

Find 'Plus Size' Clothes HERE

Find NEW tiny Baby Stuff HERE

Find 'Bits & Bobs' HERE

Thread Information