Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Paying Fees with Credit Card Additional Chgs

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

My CC company also charge me an international fee for payments to eBid.

~Jan~

Default Only in the USA?

This thread is very interesting, and it would seem that only members resident in the USA (and possibly other countries outside the UK) are experiencing this problem.
    Ever since joining eBid some years ago, my Fees Invoices have been collected by eBid (NetBanx) through my Credit Card each month for exactly the amount on each invoice. There have been NO extra banking charges whatsoever.
    For those who HAVE experienced the problem of additional international banking charges, the only way to sort out the matter is by direct communication with eBid Customer Support. I do not think that every member in USA can be having this problem as by now this forum would be inundated with questions on the matter - but I do acknowledge that for the few who ARE having the problem, it can be perplexing and downright annoying, so I wish you luck.
    It may be considerd to pay the fees via your PayPal balance, if you have one, and if that option is open to you.
    Last edited by NowAndThen; 2nd May 2009 at 12:03 AM. Reason: Typo

I have never been charged more on my CC than what ebid has invoiced me for. Guess I'm one of the lucky US members.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NowAndThen View Post
    This thread is very interesting, and it would seem that only members resident in the USA (and possibly other countries outside the UK) are experiencing this problem.
    Ever since joining eBid some years ago, my Fees Invoices have been collected by eBid (NetBanx) through my Credit Card each month for exactly the amount on each invoice. There have been NO extra banking charges whatsoever.
    For those who HAVE experienced the problem of additional international banking charges, the only way to sort out the matter is by direct communication with eBid Customer Support....
    How can ebid support stop a bank from charging for International transactions?

Kimbo, I am not suggesting eBid Customer Support CAN stop any bank from charging for International Transactions - it is obvious that they cannot. However, by addressing the issue to Customer Support, a member may be advised of a way round the problem of incurring such charges by using other payment options - eg. by cheque, by PayPal, etc.. I cannot postulate on the advice that Customer Support may give, if any, but it may be beneficial for members first to explore that avenue.

Forum Newbie
    View em2009's Feedback (+6)
    All-About em2009
    View em2009's Listings
    Forum Posts

Perhaps this will become a trend?
    http://www.komonews.com/news/consumer/43143342.html

This is a list of all U.S. based credit/debit card companies that impose a foreign transaction fee and its rates (Warning! List is long!):
    http://www.flyerguide.com/wiki/index...d_Charge_Cards

I think Ebid should make a note on the website that payments are collected through an international bank so that sellers won't be surprised when they receive their credit/debit card bill and see foreign transaction fees. Just a suggestion....

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NowAndThen View Post
    Kimbo, I am not suggesting eBid Customer Support CAN stop any bank from charging for International Transactions - it is obvious that they cannot. However, by addressing the issue to Customer Support, a member may be advised of a way round the problem of incurring such charges by using other payment options - eg. by cheque, by PayPal, etc.. I cannot postulate on the advice that Customer Support may give, if any, but it may be beneficial for members first to explore that avenue.
    Now if you'd said all that in the first place. Thanks.

I don't know what ebid can do about this, but there will be a lot of non-gallery listings if US sellers are going to be hit with an additional international CC fee when selling an item, IMHO. Is there a way to pay via check?

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

I remember a similar scam operated by the credit card companies in the UK, where they were incorrectly charging the cash transaction charges for anything over the internet.

The problem is that they make up the rules and when challenged, unless it is by a court or official body the answer is invairiably something like "our rules say we can do it so we have."

Maybe the answer in this case is to do a bit of research to find a card company that don't charge this dubious tax and switch your account to them.
    Last edited by lofty100e; 26th May 2009 at 12:36 PM.
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

It's not a tax - it's called a foreign transaction fee.

~Jan~

Thread Information