Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sickness Rash??

Question Sickness Rash??

As some of you are aware, my son hasnt been very well the last couple of days.
    He woke up during the night on Thursday complaining of a sore throat and headache and after a couple more attempts at trying to make me night nurse he went back to bed.
    Got up for school as normal on Friday morning and being the fantastic mother that I am, I shoved a couple of paracetamol down his neck and told him to clear orf.. LOL

9am, I get a call from the school nurse saying that he was throwing up violently (sorry to those that are eating ) and to come and get him.
    Basically, he didnt stop being sick for the whole day, but at around lunchtime, he started to come out with all these spots. I thought it might be measles or something and was monitoring the rest of his body, when my partner mentioned "the glass test". We rolled the cold glass across his boiling hot face (poor sod) and the rash was still there. So I immediately phoned the doctors, and was told by the receptionist that if I had called earlier, then I could have had an appointment!!!

I explained that its not usual to phone for a dr when your 15yo is being sick, but the fact that he had this rash concerned me. 20 minutes on hold and I was told that the doctor would call me back.

In the meantime I typed the symptoms into google to be met with "sickness rash" - apparently when you are violently sick or coughing heavily, it produces this rash caused by the blood vessels being raised to the surface, sometimes bursting, causing a purpleish rash (exactly what he had).

The doctor called and asked some questions about his fitness (drowsiness, rash on rest of body etc) and told me just the same - that it was indeed a "sickness rash". Just cool him down with paracetamol (when he can keep it down) sips of water and breadsticks or biscuits - just as I was doing.

As the sickness subsided, so did the rash, so it rang true (although no idea why he was so sick )

Matt is my 4th son and the youngest and yet in all their growing up years I have never heard of "sickness rash" Is this something new, or have they found a name for the "viral infections" that my boys had when they were young.

Just wondered if anyone else has ever come across this/heard of it before now?

one of my boys can out in a rash
    they said it was nettle rash
    take a walk on the wild side
    born to be wild

http://uk.nine.ebid.net/perl/main.cg...pig-new-store1

See my other shop for good used clothes.

stomps away to the kitchen to look for alcohol pmsl

or for psp,singnature tags, psp tutorials take a look at
    http://sweetsignatures.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

It's a new one to me

Forum Saint
    View penny291's Feedback (+1190)
    All-About penny291
    View penny291's Listings
    Forum Posts

Never heard of it????

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/s...php?p=23363240

The first post on this link is *exactly* how my son was - today his mouth is swollen and bleeding
    Ive told him its probably to do with all the vomiting - poor kid was supposed to have the dentist tomorrow too - how cruel would i be to keep that appointment!

View brishada's Feedback (+209)
    All-About brishada
    View brishada's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ladynuttiepig View Post
    one of my boys can out in a rash
    they said it was nettle rash
    Nuttie
    Was he on anti-biotics by any chance at the time, like Penicillin?
    Nettle rash CAN be an allergic reaction to Penicillin as I found out when it was given to my daughter and she was covered head to foot with spots. If it is an allergy to Penicillin, be very careful what your Doctor prescribes…

Phanmale
    Never heard of that before, probably something they’ve made up to cover ‘all other sickness bugs’? I would have thought that you could get a rash if accompanied by a fever, but wouldn’t have thought just throwing up would do this?

Blessings
    Sharon

Glasgow, South Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    View ejean9's Feedback (+946)
    All-About ejean9
    View ejean9's Listings
    Forum Posts

my three had it at the same time years ago..they picked up a sickness bug..were violently ill..projectile vomit ect..and came out in rash..Dr said it was sickness rash..caused by temp going up and down and irritating the blood vessels...

Quote Originally Posted by ejean9 View Post
    my three had it at the same time years ago..they picked up a sickness bug..were violently ill..projectile vomit ect..and came out in rash..Dr said it was sickness rash..caused by temp going up and down and irritating the blood vessels...
    Thats what the Dr said to me Jean - I was just grateful it wasnt something more serious tbh.

He was so rough with it though and only just attempting food - Ive just told him to have a packet of crisps to help with the mouth sores - make it even worse, all we have is them minging fish and chip things from Walkers! LOL

Bless him, he was chatting to his dad earlier and is adamant hes going to school tomorrow - Im not so sure thats going to be a good thing atm...

View playtowin's Feedback (+704)
    All-About playtowin
    View playtowin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by phanmale View Post
    As some of you are aware, my son hasnt been very well the last couple of days.
    He woke up during the night on Thursday complaining of a sore throat and headache and after a couple more attempts at trying to make me night nurse he went back to bed.
    Got up for school as normal on Friday morning and being the fantastic mother that I am, I shoved a couple of paracetamol down his neck and told him to clear orf.. LOL

9am, I get a call from the school nurse saying that he was throwing up violently (sorry to those that are eating ) and to come and get him.
    Basically, he didnt stop being sick for the whole day, but at around lunchtime, he started to come out with all these spots. I thought it might be measles or something and was monitoring the rest of his body, when my partner mentioned "the glass test". We rolled the cold glass across his boiling hot face (poor sod) and the rash was still there. So I immediately phoned the doctors, and was told by the receptionist that if I had called earlier, then I could have had an appointment!!!

I explained that its not usual to phone for a dr when your 15yo is being sick, but the fact that he had this rash concerned me. 20 minutes on hold and I was told that the doctor would call me back.

In the meantime I typed the symptoms into google to be met with "sickness rash" - apparently when you are violently sick or coughing heavily, it produces this rash caused by the blood vessels being raised to the surface, sometimes bursting, causing a purpleish rash (exactly what he had).

The doctor called and asked some questions about his fitness (drowsiness, rash on rest of body etc) and told me just the same - that it was indeed a "sickness rash". Just cool him down with paracetamol (when he can keep it down) sips of water and breadsticks or biscuits - just as I was doing.

As the sickness subsided, so did the rash, so it rang true (although no idea why he was so sick )

Matt is my 4th son and the youngest and yet in all their growing up years I have never heard of "sickness rash" Is this something new, or have they found a name for the "viral infections" that my boys had when they were young.

Just wondered if anyone else has ever come across this/heard of it before now?
    sounds a lot like the slapped cheek syndrome- another bug that was given a silly name, i'd never heard of that til it whizzed round the school a couple of years ago.
    hope hes feeling better soon.

Glasgow, South Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    View ejean9's Feedback (+946)
    All-About ejean9
    View ejean9's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by phanmale View Post
    Thats what the Dr said to me Jean - I was just grateful it wasnt something more serious tbh.

He was so rough with it though and only just attempting food - Ive just told him to have a packet of crisps to help with the mouth sores - make it even worse, all we have is them minging fish and chip things from Walkers! LOL

Bless him, he was chatting to his dad earlier and is adamant hes going to school tomorrow - Im not so sure thats going to be a good thing atm...

poor soul..he could still be carrying the bug/infection thou...so may be best if he stays off school...bicarb of soda/baking powder will take the sting out the sores and help heel his mouth...

Thread Information