Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sickness Rash??

Quote Originally Posted by ejean9 View Post
    aww glad he is on the mend Phan...
    Thanks Jean

Ive told him he can have a short while on the PS3 and then on to GCSE revision!!

I am such a good mother!!

Glasgow, South Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    View ejean9's Feedback (+946)
    All-About ejean9
    View ejean9's Listings
    Forum Posts

Lol..you ARE a good mother..your allowing him some fun first !

[quote=brishada;944193]Hi Phan

Glad to hear it’s not serious!

Just a word of warning Flu IS serious. never take it lightly however old or young ..
    We have not had a REAL flu epidemic for years, I remember the big ones, Asian and Hong Kong flu.. many died including my mother.

The flu itself is bad enough but the associated secondary infections are often the killers.

If anyone has a high temerature, sore throat, breathing is uncomfortable, Vomiting, tired and feeling REALLY ill...treat it seriously, bed is the only answer and plenty of fluids.. don't expect them to eat...
    Starve a fever, feed a cold is the way to go....food will only be thrown back at you!!
    If patient is vulnerable, very young baby or elderly with other ailments seek medical help immediately.

Well know that flu can be accompanied by a rash... but it never had a name in the old days!!
    Phan glad he is better . It's not a good idea to send kids to school if they are not 100% not fair on the child or others at school...or the work place.

Keep well everyone

PS Worried if your child is fit for school? Try the Chocky bickky test... offer a chocolate biscuit half an hour before school set off time. Insist on child eating it there and then. If child eats it ravenously and it doesn't return send to school..... if child refuses or it returns keep off school for 48 hours!!!
    Last edited by redmerlin777; 4th March 2009 at 10:04 AM.
    Click to open The Allsorts Cupboard

Widen your search Horizons
    Find it on eBid
    Click here to join the fun for FREE

[quote=redmerlin777;945006]
    Quote Originally Posted by brishada View Post
    Hi Phan

Glad to hear it’s not serious!

Just a word of warning Flu IS serious. never take it lightly however old or young ..
    We have not had a REAL flu epidemic for years, I remember the big ones, Asian and Hong Kong flu.. many died including my mother.

The flu itself is bad enough but the associated secondary infections are often the killers.

If anyone has a high temerature, sore throat, breathing is uncomfortable, Vomiting, tired and feeling REALLY ill...treat it seriously, bed is the only answer and plenty of fluids.. don't expect them to eat...
    Starve a fever, feed a cold is the way to go....food will only be thrown back at you!!
    If patient is vulnerable, very young baby or elderly with other ailments seek medical help immediately.

Well know that flu can be accompanied by a rash... but it never had a name in the old days!!
    Phan glad he is better . It's not a good idea to send kids to school if they are not 100% not fair on the child or others at school...or the work place.

Keep well everyone

PS Worried if your child is fit for school? Try the Chocky bickky test... offer a chocolate biscuit half an hour before school set off time. Insist on child eating it there and then. If child eats it ravenously and it doesn't return send to school..... if child refuses or it returns keep off school for 48 hours!!!
    I could go into the bit where he *should* have had a flu jab last November (asthmatic category) but was insistent his asthma had subsided - admittedly his last attack was 2 years ago. Ive reminded him that this is what keeps it at bay.

I am fortunate in that all my boys were good scholars. If they want time off school through illness they have to be really bad - hence he went to school dosed up on paracetamol only to be sent home from being sick half an hour later

Im sure he is far from "better" but as I said, this is day 6 and just to see him out of bed (albeit lounging on the sofa) and dressed is an improvement to how it has been.

And I had forgotten what it was like to be a "carer" my heart goes out to those that dont get any respite

I dont intend sending him to school at least for tomorrow, however, I will see what it brings as he has a GCSE science exam on Friday

I am really gald he is on the mend. There is nothing worse than seeing someone close / relative feeling poorly. When Ray is ill, I feel so helpless and get angry with myself cos I can't help him (he suffers with his back something terrible).

Re Matts school - if this is his GCSE year, then it is an important one. Would you be able to ring his year teacher, perhaps speak to the subject teachers to get some crib notes for him. If you are able to go to the school to pick them up and speak to the teachers, it will help them realise that you are serious about his education and that he is genuinely ill rather than scamming. I know he'll probably borrow his mates books to catch up some things, but if you can get info from the teachers, he may get more info than from his mates. I'm sure they'd understand and be obliging. If he's getting better, he'll be full fettle by the weekend and be spend time at it then.
    Babz

Sewing Room Creations - for hand crafted gift ideas & doll accessories.

Forum Diehard
    View MrsBentley's Feedback (+5)
    All-About MrsBentley
    View MrsBentley's Listings
    Forum Posts

When they are so violently sick, that is one of the few things that can happen. It is also common for ones eyes to become blood shot and get bruises.

I hope he feels better soon!

Quote Originally Posted by BabsnRay View Post
    I am really gald he is on the mend. There is nothing worse than seeing someone close / relative feeling poorly. When Ray is ill, I feel so helpless and get angry with myself cos I can't help him (he suffers with his back something terrible).

Re Matts school - if this is his GCSE year, then it is an important one. Would you be able to ring his year teacher, perhaps speak to the subject teachers to get some crib notes for him. If you are able to go to the school to pick them up and speak to the teachers, it will help them realise that you are serious about his education and that he is genuinely ill rather than scamming. I know he'll probably borrow his mates books to catch up some things, but if you can get info from the teachers, he may get more info than from his mates. I'm sure they'd understand and be obliging. If he's getting better, he'll be full fettle by the weekend and be spend time at it then.
    He had a "parents evening" on the Thursday evening before he was really ill, so the teachers know where Im at with his ed. I am disappointed though, that I telephoned yesterday morning to explain and asked for either his form tutor, or head of year to get back to me - as of yet, I havent heard from either

Quote Originally Posted by MrsBentley View Post
    When they are so violently sick, that is one of the few things that can happen. It is also common for ones eyes to become blood shot and get bruises.

I hope he feels better soon!
    It was one of the things I woke up to this morning Mrs B - him pointing out that his voice had turned into something akin to a robot, and that his eyes were considerably bloodshot I have noticed the spotty rash is still visible around his hairline too, which I thought had gone

But when all said and done, its still good to see him up and about.

Thread Information