Thread: The tooth fairy.

Stoke-On-Trent, Staffordshire, United Kingdom
    View prism2's Feedback (+95)
    All-About prism2
    View prism2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Question The tooth fairy.

Serious question, not a wind up.

What is the going rate for a childs first tooth. What does the tooth fairy leave, and does the tooth fairy keep the first childs tooth?
    Paul

Partner trades as Raindropsies

View Rednosty's Feedback (+998)
    All-About Rednosty
    View Rednosty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Pair of False teeth

Vintage Mechanical and Quartz Watches
    and collectables

Click on the link to enter my store

Why not visit my New Store. Where you will find almost anything

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Rednostys-All-Sorts-Store

Mine went up with the cost of living!

If your kids still appreciate a 10p bag of sweets, then a 10p under the pillow would suffice.
    I mentioned to a mum about putting a £1 coin under my youngests pillow for his 1st double tooth, and she told me that her son expected a fiver!!!

I kept all my sons teeth as they came out, and stored them in my jewellery box - said box got stolen in a house burglary

Everyone has their own opinion Paul - up to you and Sarah at the end of the day!
    Last edited by phanmale; 2nd March 2009 at 08:56 PM.

View playtowin's Feedback (+704)
    All-About playtowin
    View playtowin's Listings
    Forum Posts

my youngest has a little bag for his tooth- the tooth fairy takes it away while hes sleeping and leaves a £2.00 coin

LOL, I had to ask this question myself a couple of years ago on another forum The general consensus was £1. However at the time, I didn't have a £1 coin so ended up leaving a £2 instead. Umpteen teeth later, I'm still getting conned for £2 a time

I always put the tooth in one of those plastic cash bags you get from the bank. This then gets put under the pillow and is easier to find under a sleeping head than a tooth on its own. The coin goes in an identical bag and then it's just a case of waiting for him to fall asleep and to creep in and swop the bags over.

I always keep the teeth, but that's just because I collect clutter. I still have my dog's puppy teeth from 22 years ago

Cathy.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Nieces got a pound coin per tooth. They had a little silver box that the tooth went in, and was repaced by a coin overnight by the fairy.

Quote Originally Posted by cathycathy0 View Post
    LOL, I had to ask this question myself a couple of years ago on another forum The general consensus was £1. However at the time, I didn't have a £1 coin so ended up leaving a £2 instead. Umpteen teeth later, I'm still getting conned for £2 a time

I always put the tooth in one of those plastic cash bags you get from the bank. This then gets put under the pillow and is easier to find under a sleeping head than a tooth on its own. The coin goes in an identical bag and then it's just a case of waiting for him to fall asleep and to creep in and swop the bags over.

I always keep the teeth, but that's just because I collect clutter. I still have my dog's puppy teeth from 22 years ago

Cathy.
    lol that reminds me of when I used to go in to kiss my boys goodnight - tooth would be wrapped in a tissue, nicely folded, and then coin would be wrapped exactly the same (out of sight) complete with coin - bigger coin, bigger wrapping for the tooth - youll be surprised how children remember what they put under their pillow!!

I would go in and kiss goodnight, and then as I leaned forward for a cuddle, I used to swap tissue wraps. If they wondered what I was doing, I made out I was blowing my nose, and to check that their "tooth" was still there!

Awww those were the days

Stoke-On-Trent, Staffordshire, United Kingdom
    View prism2's Feedback (+95)
    All-About prism2
    View prism2's Listings
    Forum Posts

£1 a tooth it is then.

Just found this http://health.state.tn.us/oralhealth/howmanyteeth.html and it seems Jodie is a bit late losing her first tooth

Paul

Partner trades as Raindropsies

It was 50 cents when I was a kid. With today's inflation probally 10x that. Of course the fairy takes the tooth.

Quote Originally Posted by prism2 View Post
    £1 a tooth it is then.

Just found this http://health.state.tn.us/oralhealth/howmanyteeth.html and it seems Jodie is a bit late losing her first tooth

thats just a guide Paul - all my boys didnt lose their front teeth (6-7yrs) until they were well through primary school. Dentist said the longer they stay the better, cos it holds off their adult teeth coming through and consequently dental probs later in life

Thread Information