eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can I save and move my item descriptions from eBid to my computer?

Default Can I save and move my item descriptions from eBid to my computer?

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to save and move my item descriptions onto my own computer from my eBid listings? How would I do this?
    Thanks.
    Cynthia

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

You could "export" and save everything, but do you particularly mean you only want the descriptions? All in one file, or separately?

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    You could "export" and save everything, but do you particularly mean you only want the descriptions? All in one file, or separately?
    Ok i'm gonna sound really thick now, but how do you export the listings, and where do you export them to (the whole listing)

Jane

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I see you've found HH has already talked about this just recently...

I'm going to sound just as thick, as I have the same questions. I haven't found anybody else talking about this, and how did you know somebody else had found something when they hadn't mentioned it? Do you have ESP or something? lol
    I guess I meant I wanted to save and move all of my listings, not just the descriptions, but everything that I can, to my computer and be able to access them individually once moved, but preferably be able to move them all at the same time to the computer initially.
    I've learnt a lot just in the last 2 months, but I still don't know very much about how to use a computer, and sometimes can't understand people's responses or instructions they've written about how to do things on this site that is probably second nature to them. It was my husband's work laptop which he'd brought home when he took early retirement, and I now know much more than he does, but that's still not saying much. I don't think this computer has much, if any, software in it. Yesterday I did load a crafting CD into it that has a graphics programme (whatever that is) on it, but how much if anything else I could do with it I don't know. It is supposed to be able to import things to use with the CD, like images and verses, for example. The tutorial didn't work, so the company is sending me a separate CD with the tutorial on it. My husband said the computer doesn't have excel, and he's never heard of calc.
    Thanks.
    Cynthia

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Cynthia, have a look here: http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showthread....526#post946526 and see if it answers everything sof ar.

Thanks, bykimbo, but this isn't what I expected it to be. I left all the listings alone (didn't close them) and tried both ways in succession, as I don't know what google base is. I clicked on export listings, save, kept the file name that came up, and they both gave a lot of writing and symbols, presumably of all of the relevant listings. Not only do I not know how to separate them, but what I had really wanted, which may not be possible, or may be possible with some kind of fancy software, but I don't know what, is to have more or less a copy of each one looking like it does with the photo and description when you click on the title from the list of auctions.
    Cynthia

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

There's your lesson in giving as much information as possible in the first place

What actually is it you want to do with this stuff? You could save the pages as images, or as PDF if you have the right software. Without knowing what it is you're really trying to achieve it's difficult to advise. Certainly the export file won't do it.

Thread Information