eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: I do not want to do this but ..

View mrsandman's Feedback (+518)
    All-About mrsandman
    View mrsandman's Listings
    Forum Posts

Unhappy I do not want to do this but ..

Hi,

As said in the title . Unfortunately I have a few non payers ... despite numerous emails they refuse to answer..... I should warn others and have put it off for weeks...Is there any other way

Hi,
    I don't believe there is. As long as you send them sufficient reminders and give them enough time to respond, you done all you can.
    I had one of these buyers a few weeks back, sent two invoices three reminders and a separate email and like you no response.
    Didn't know if they had fallen ill or something else preventing them from completing the transaction. Then they bought some items from another seller and knew they were still in circulation so reported them as NPB.
    It transpires that they placed bids (4) with another seller who also reported them as NPB.
    As sellers we want to do the right things that encourage more sales, but every once in a while someone comes along who is unwilling to pay and as you say, we need to report as NPB to warn other sellers.
    It isn't a nice feeling taking this action but it is necessary.
    Take a look at my Auctions - more being added all the time:

http://uk.nine.ebid.net/perl/main.cg...arch&type=user

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mrsandman View Post
    Hi,

As said in the title . Unfortunately I have a few non payers ... despite numerous emails they refuse to answer..... I should warn others and have put it off for weeks...Is there any other way
    Process as NPBs, leave appropriate negative feedback, get back any fees you are due, and move on. No need to give yourself a hard time about it, m'dear!

View TexasAda's Feedback (+635)
    All-About TexasAda
    View TexasAda's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes, give them bad feedback and report as NPB. This is a kindness to other eBid users, and they are the ones who deserve fair treatment. Keep your remarks unemotional and factual. The truth is always good.

Whilst leaving negs and NPBS is a bit annoying, I think it's necessary to warn others. Don't let it upset you, as you didn't do anything wrong, they did (90% of the time, 10% being if they fell ill, but if that is the case you can always retract the NPB & change the neg to neutral or positive)
    If they had paid, they would not have got the NPB & neg

We've had several, and I did feel unhappy about leaving the negative feedback. I finally did, sending the three AAL reminders, plus two or three emails, and waiting at least three weeks. They were all new members with no feedback. But, eventually reported them to protect other sellers. As Raindropsies says, if they get back to you with a valid reason, you can change the feedback.

Thread Information