Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Almost a disaster.

View CrazyJay's Feedback (+149)
    All-About CrazyJay
    View CrazyJay's Listings
    Forum Posts

Talking Almost a disaster.

I AM HAPPY

Why am I happy? - Because I have averted a disaster. Somehow I managed to lose a box full of records. Not just any records, but ALL the ones Ihad listed on Ebid!!!!!

The first thing I did was remove all of them from my store, BUT, a couple had bids on, so I couldn't remove them. I found a handful which I had listed later, so most were OK, but I still had a missing disc by Harold Burrage. NOW I had a dilema, I have one more copy of it, but it is my own from my collection. If worst came to the worst, should I part with it? - I listened to the track in question, and realised it was NOT a record I wanted to part with, so I would have to let the bidder know it was not available. Then, there was a bidding frenzy on it, which made it even worse (Still not wiling to part with my own copy though.)

As luck would have it - I FOUND the missing box, I had moved it and forgot. So all is well, and the record is now safely on it's way to Huddy!

For those who aren't fussy about filtering what I sell - Take a look at ALL my stuff above. - But for more specific listings, take a peek in the stores below.

TOY-PALLOI - For all sorts of traditional playthings!

THE PAPERBOYS PLEASURE - For Books & Magazines

OUT ON THE FLOOR - For Records - (mainly 1950's - 60's)

VIEWPOINT - Photographic Equipment

THE SCRAPYARD - Spare parts for old cars and bikes

FANTASTIC!! Except the bit about Huddy Wasnt he trying to *out* his collection, not add to it???

LOL

View CrazyJay's Feedback (+149)
    All-About CrazyJay
    View CrazyJay's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by phanmale View Post
    FANTASTIC!! Except the bit about Huddy Wasnt he trying to *out* his collection, not add to it???

LOL
    It's a bit like that advert in the bank.

"Aah - You see it doesn't work like that!" -

record collecting seems to have a set of rules all of it's own. I'm always outing some of my collection. sometimes I want to be rid of large chunks of it. BUT, I'm aso still always on the lookout for that special little gem, or buying stuff I don't know to add to the records i play.

I might sell a whole bundle of records for a few quid, only to blow it all and a bit more on a single 45.

It's like the records themselves - round and round and round.

For those who aren't fussy about filtering what I sell - Take a look at ALL my stuff above. - But for more specific listings, take a peek in the stores below.

TOY-PALLOI - For all sorts of traditional playthings!

THE PAPERBOYS PLEASURE - For Books & Magazines

OUT ON THE FLOOR - For Records - (mainly 1950's - 60's)

VIEWPOINT - Photographic Equipment

THE SCRAPYARD - Spare parts for old cars and bikes

Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View stitchysyl's Feedback (+2137)
    All-About stitchysyl
    View stitchysyl's Listings
    Forum Posts

Not just record collecting...

any craft person will tell you that its the collecting of the 'stash' is more important than using it. Thats why crafters have cupboards full of the stuff. and need extra lifetimes to use it.

and if they do sell some, the proceeds go straight on more of the stuff.

Its embroidery threads for me...I love speciality threads and buy them, love the feel and the look of them, but can never bring myself to use them...

Quote Originally Posted by phanmale View Post

LOL

Us vinyl collector's are always trying to out from our collections, but as Huddy and Crazyjay will tell you it never really happens

I usually only end up getting rid of the ones where I have a no less then two off, then awhile later buy another copy due to worrying something might happen to the other two
    Welcome to Wonderland

SantasWonderland DVD Grotto

SantasWonderland Vinyl & CD Grotto

All round entertainment, not just for Christmas

Join EBID now and join in all the fun yourself

I think its time I stopped listing items I have for sale, and started listing my vinyls, cds and cassettes that I never ever play!

Sylv - I have my own collection too - its called "dust" hehe

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyJay View Post
    It's a bit like that advert in the bank.

"Aah - You see it doesn't work like that!" -

record collecting seems to have a set of rules all of it's own. I'm always outing some of my collection. sometimes I want to be rid of large chunks of it. BUT, I'm aso still always on the lookout for that special little gem, or buying stuff I don't know to add to the records i play.

I might sell a whole bundle of records for a few quid, only to blow it all and a bit more on a single 45.

It's like the records themselves - round and round and round.

Well said Mel, but you forgot the bit about buying another one just in case something happens to the other 14 copies you have
    Welcome to Wonderland

Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View Huddylion's Feedback (+4843)
    All-About Huddylion
    View Huddylion's Listings
    Forum Posts

Good job you found it lol would have been a big fat red one on the way lol,(sure we would have sorted it lol).

I am outing my main stuff that son ebid, got rid of my whole 70's section the other day on feebay and am hoping the same person might come back to see me for some of the rest or the lot maybe can hope and dream.

But I also have a collection of records not listed and never will be that I tend to listen to when I'm on my own at home pure magic some of them and like gold dust.
    Also have quite a few (
    LOL) not listed that are going to be sold but not listing them here now when im trying to get rid of.
    My feedback of
    is 100% positive and has all been earnt here on Ebid

Quote Originally Posted by Santa45 View Post
    Well said Mel, but you forgot the bit about buying another one just in case something happens to the other 14 copies you have
    LOL

Well if I have the 15th copy of what youre looking for, you can tell me how to wrap it and post it and everyones happy

Quote Originally Posted by stitchysyl View Post
    Not just record collecting...

any craft person will tell you that its the collecting of the 'stash' is more important than using it. Thats why crafters have cupboards full of the stuff. and need extra lifetimes to use it.

and if they do sell some, the proceeds go straight on more of the stuff.

Its embroidery threads for me...I love speciality threads and buy them, love the feel and the look of them, but can never bring myself to use them...

You mean us record collectors are normal after all, would you be willing to go on record with my other half about this

It's not just records i'm like this with CD's and Dvd's and have more than I could ever watch or listen to in my life time
    Welcome to Wonderland

Thread Information