eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I would like some advice from some of the eBidders please!

Forum Diehard
    View islandbuckman's Feedback (+192)
    All-About islandbuckman
    View islandbuckman's Listings
    Forum Posts

Question I would like some advice from some of the eBidders please!

I have been here a few months now but haven't sold anything. It is getting a bit depressing. I have had 5 or 6 bids on items that did not make it to the reserve price. I realize my product is not your everyday required items and some of them are quite pricey. And the world economy is in the crapper so money isn't being thrown around. But, still, I am wondering if I am doing something that may be turning potential buyers off?

After saying all that, would you, more seasoned eBid veterans, or even the newbies or anyone in between take a look at my site and critique it for me. I wonder if I am missing something? Maybe some new eyes looking at it with a different perspective than mine might see some things that I don't see. Any and all suggestions would be most appreciated. Please do not be afraid to speak your mind.

I need to know what my buyers may be thinking when they look at my product. If you think the items are crap - tell me. Over priced - tell me. Anything that you see that you don't like - tell me. I am quite new to this online stuff, and would appreciate a helping hand.

I have a thick skin (My wife says I have a thick head too! maybe so.) I was a public servant with Revenue Canada (Ya, the tax man) for years, so I have been called everything but a white man! I can take the heat!

I appreciate any and all of you taking the time out of your busy schedules to look at my store and helping me out. I need all the help I can get!

There is some sort of private messaging system on here. I am not to sure how to work it but I am trying to figure it out. So if you feel you would rather send it private, please do. If not, let it all hang out on the forum! Makes no difference to me.

Thanks to all of you for your help in the past and hopefully in the future and I'll have a Labatt Blue or two for you when you're done!

View cmjewels925's Feedback (+7924)
    All-About cmjewels925
    View cmjewels925's Listings
    Forum Posts

Reserve prices don't seem to go down too well on eBid. You may be better off using the reserve price as the opening bid price instead. Other than that, here's a post I prepared earlier http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showpost.ph...1&postcount=21

CMEJewellery For all your jewellery needs.

Beads 'n' Bobs For beads.

Charms 'n' Findings For charms and jewellery making supplies.

No offence but in my opinion the items seem a bit too high, but that is just me. An idea would be to start a bid at a price you would be willing to sell at, i.e. lower than the high street or what ever you call it in canada. Offer a few payment options aswell, reserve bids I wouldn't really bother about as you may have a few people that may not be able to afford the price over the reserve price.
    Don't walk in front of me..I may not follow-don't walk behind me..I may not lead-just walk beside me and be my friend.
    Albert Camus

PERSONAL RECORD SET
    27hours 30minutes without sleep

There are a lot of red crosses instead of images on your About Me page, that should be fixed as it doesn't create a quality impression, which with your higher priced items it should convey an upmarket feel about you.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Forum Diehard
    View islandbuckman's Feedback (+192)
    All-About islandbuckman
    View islandbuckman's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kengillam View Post
    There are a lot of red crosses instead of images on your About Me page, that should be fixed as it doesn't create a quality impression, which with your higher priced items it should convey an upmarket feel about you.

I looked at my about me page. There is 1 picture on it. I couldn't find any red Xs there. Can you some how send me a copy of what you see. It may be some sort of glitch. Thanks.

View cmjewels925's Feedback (+7924)
    All-About cmjewels925
    View cmjewels925's Listings
    Forum Posts

Everything looks fine on your about me page.

Time to lay off the sherry, Ken.

CMEJewellery For all your jewellery needs.

Beads 'n' Bobs For beads.

Charms 'n' Findings For charms and jewellery making supplies.

I get the same as ken, lots of image boxes with no images showing Using IE7
    Myositis in Focus : my website on the awareness of the Muscle inflammatory disease

My Daily Journal : my Daily Blog " Living with Dermatomyositis

Years Gone By My Genealogy and Family History store

Actually your prices are not high for 10k (laser cuts?) and are in line with jewelry retail here in the U.S..
    Have you taken some time and checked out other similar Sellers here on ebid? This should give you an idea of pricing and what kind of market there is for your product on ebid.
    You've been here long enough to see that other Sellers are also Buyers here but as a rule they are not in the market for such things as fine jewelry. This holds true for the majority of Brits in this Forum.
    At this time there are simply not enough 'eyes' shopping ebid. You must ask yourself how cost effective it is to remain on ebid ( and the cost is negligiable ) and whether or not you're willing to go the long run.
    As you have seen ebid is not the market for fine jewelry.... at this time. As to when it will be... no one can forcast a demand.
    For decades the general pricing philosophy of fine jewelry here in the States was a two or three times mark up over cost. This way 'sales' of 50% off sound appealing with no chance of profit loss. I don't know what Canadian standards are. I have no idea of your personal mark up. But if you have the leeway of American jewelers and you wish to get something 'going' here you may take my hints into consideration.
    And by all means... don't put all your eggs in one basket.

" Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who didn't. "
    Ben Franklin

http://us.ebid.net/stores/JerseyDevi...-and-Militaria

http://us.ebid.net/stores/JerseyDevil-COMICS

http://us.ebid.net/stores/JerseyDevi...CTCs-and-Games

I checked your "All about the seller" page with both FireFox and IE7, the picture, logo and map are all there. Nice picture, nice logo, very imformative page. I can't see anything wrong with your listings except the recession. I have seen Black Hills Gold jewelry for sale, and your prices look reasonable to me. I think the advice you've been given here is sound. Leave your listings up, eventually people will find you. If you've already paid for a lifetime membership it doesn't cost anything to leave them running. Since you're not selling one-of-a-kind items, you can list on other venues in the meantime.

Our sales have dropped to almost nothing the past few weeks, too. We sell non-essentials, and can't think of a better place to wait it out.

Black Hills Gold Jewelry by Coleman proudly provides a lifetime warranty against defects in materials and workmanship.

[IMG]file:///C:/WINDOWS/TEMP/msoclip1/01/clip_image003.gif[/IMG]

I'm also seeing blank boxes as above on IE7 in your FAQ section at the bottom of the about me page. Sorry it's come out as HTML where I have copied it but when I view there are just blank boxes!

Also it would be good to make the link in your signature banner clickable as the link at the moment is a bit far away. I clicked on the join ebid link first by accident!
    To make your banner clickable just go to your user CP and highlight the banner image then go to the globe/world icon in the tool bar above and put in your store URL in the box and that will link the two together.

As for selling tips follow the very good list that cmjewels has given you and also take a trip up to the 'Ways to promote eBid and your eBid store' forum and get yourself onto every website list possible that other kind eBidders have offered.
    If you sell elsewhere let it be known that you could do a better deal here as you don't have the high fees. Hope this helps and good luck with the sales.

Thread Information