eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 323334353637383940414243 LastLast

Thread: How many of you don't wash your hair?

View shezz's Feedback (+360)
    All-About shezz
    View shezz's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have since i've not used shampoo, retrieved all my curls ish back, my hair no longer resembles a bog brush, or aussie hair

but i do admit, it has been doing me in not using something to shampoo my hair, shampooing has been inbreed in me i think

Hence I've spent a bit on some natural or green shampoos, cost a little more but dont have chemicals in, just to make me feel better i think, and you know what I dont really like them,

Using them does the same effect to my hair as a chemical shampoo
    it goes brittle thick, loose all my curls, and all the bounce it has goes ect ect.

Now what i do is (as most know i go swimming every morning but have to wear a hat) when i'm under the shower i really just rub my hair gettin what i can out, then i use the olive oil conditioner i buy, even tho it cost a tenner i only need to use a tiny bit

My hair fine for most of the time, but after a month or so i notice it goes a bit dowdy but i find that once i have henned it (and i add to the henna the henna condition powder)

my hair goes lush again

I remember i did use something that i got from herbie, and i really like that, cant remember what it was tho
    Last edited by shezz; 7th October 2009 at 09:48 AM.
    Life is serious but taking it too seriously robs you of
    happiness, fun and productivity

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    Breaking news...

I gave up last night and broke out the shampoo.

My hair, I realised, had slowly been getting worse. I don't know what changed, possibly just me getting older! I've noticed that my hair's getting finer as it gets greyer, so maybe that's the problem. It's turning silvery and less robust... I think I'm going to turn into one of those little old ladies with fine, white, flyaway hair eventually. Well, maybe not that "eventually".

So sorry fellow experimenters, but no-pooing was no longer working for me. *sniffle*

Hope the rest of you are doing better!

xx
    Confession time, I've shampooed just the top a couple of times. I cannot get rid of the grease on top, back and sides are fine. My hairdresser says the conditions great, it just feels so greasy. All I've been doing is rinsing in warm water, wrapping in a towel and letting it dry naturally.

It's been 4+ months, when is the grease likely to disappear? Any ideas?

PS Some of you may remember that hubby got a new job since starting this and we were trying to move closer. Anyway, moving date is set for October 16th, so knee deep in boxes.
    Kay

Fenland Cards - greeting cards for anyone

The Motoring Gift Company

- Enjoying time out in our Morris Minor

Live Long & Prosper

Join ebid HERE

View shezz's Feedback (+360)
    All-About shezz
    View shezz's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cambsmills View Post
    Confession time, I've shampooed just the top a couple of times. I cannot get rid of the grease on top, back and sides are fine. My hairdresser says the conditions great, it just feels so greasy. All I've been doing is rinsing in warm water, wrapping in a towel and letting it dry naturally.

It's been 4+ months, when is the grease likely to disappear? Any ideas?

PS Some of you may remember that hubby got a new job since starting this and we were trying to move closer. Anyway, moving date is set for October 16th, so knee deep in boxes.
    I remember that, hows the job going

good luck on your move, my be a task now but once your settled down it will be all worth it
    Life is serious but taking it too seriously robs you of
    happiness, fun and productivity

Quote Originally Posted by shezz View Post
    I have since i've not used shampoo, retrieved all my curls ish back, my hair no longer resembles a bog brush, or aussie hair

but i do admit, it has been doing me in not using something to shampoo my hair, shampooing has been inbreed in me i think

Hence I've spent a bit on some natural or green shampoos, cost a little more but dont have chemicals in, just to make me feel better i think, and you know what I dont really like them,

Using them does the same effect to my hair as a chemical shampoo
    it goes brittle thick, loose all my curls, and all the bounce it has goes ect ect.

Now what i do is (as most know i go swimming every morning but have to wear a hat) when i'm under the shower i really just rub my hair gettin what i can out, then i use the olive oil conditioner i buy, even tho it cost a tenner i only need to use a tiny bit

My hair fine for most of the time, but after a month or so i notice it goes a bit dowdy but i find that once i have henned it (and i add to the henna the henna condition powder)

my hair goes lush again

I remember i did use something that i got from herbie, and i really like that, cant remember what it was tho

It was the henna conditioner

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shezz View Post
    When I first read about this years ago, that's exactly what it was for - getting curls sorted. Hence it's known as "curly girl" when it's the branded system. I think part of my problem with it is that as my hair changes with age, it's losing it's curl and is less well suited.

View pearlygirl555's Feedback (+203)
    All-About pearlygirl555
    View pearlygirl555's Listings
    Forum Posts

Still no-pooing, and still happy with the result But I think my excessively curly, rough-textured hair is exactly the beast the "curly girl" system is designed to control.

I did put some conditioner in it last time I rinsed it, as it had been months since I used any and thought it might do my scalp some good. My hair turned out so lank and greasy-looking, if it was like that all the time I would go back to shampoo

I also stopped using shampoo on my moms hair, and she does have fine, white flyaway hair; at the same time I have let hers grow out, and the longer bits just touch her shoulders now. The curl has returned to her hair, the "flyaway" character has gone, and it looks white all the time, no dinge. She has stopped scratching her face, eyes and scalp since we began the no-poo, even though I was formerly using a natural, watered-down baby shampoo on her.

Sometimes my hair seems greasy at the crown along my part; I put a few drops of patchouli oil up there and rub it in, which seems to take care of the problem. When I first stopped the shampoo that was more of an issue than it is now; sometimes my hair just looked "tired" and a vigorous scalp massage perked it right back up.

About a month into the no-poo thing I stopped washing my face, now I just rinse that too. I have stopped using moisturizer and the oily/dry areas have all evened out. Every once in a while I would get the odd pimple, but those have stopped since I have stopped the soap.

When we were at the Omaha show last weekend, at one point I came out in front of the table to rearrange our display of Lesleys cards ~ yep, our very own SayItWithCards ~ and two girls stopped and began fiddling with my hair, saying how pretty it was. I felt like something in a petting zoo, it kind of freaked me out. They wanted to know how I maintained my hair so I told them I haven't shampooed it since July; one girl looked horrified but the other said she had heard of that.

"You're a guest of nature.....so behave!"

View Barrattess's Feedback (+2717)
    All-About Barrattess
    View Barrattess's Listings
    Forum Posts

So how many of you guys are still not 'pooing your hair?

Have a click...You know you want to...

I confess, I now wash my hair, but only once a week rather than every other day as I used to. It's also air-dried rather than using the hairdryer.

My hair is now longer than it's been for 30 years, just above my shoulders and is much easier to manage. It does have it's natural curl back and the dryness has gone.I lasted about 4 months, can't remember what triggered the decision to start again.

I did try using the henna but it was too much hassle for me, about every 2 months with the chemical dye, but the grey regrowth doesn't seem as noticeable.

Can't be certain that the change in hair is due to less washing/less chemicals. I've had health problems due to the drugs I have to take, so have had to stop using them and am now on different drugs, so will see how that affects me.

Anyone else confessing?
    Kay

Fenland Cards - greeting cards for anyone

The Motoring Gift Company

- Enjoying time out in our Morris Minor

Live Long & Prosper

Join ebid HERE

Quote Originally Posted by Barrattess View Post
    So how many of you guys are still not 'pooing your hair?
    Would love to - if I had some.
    Think fertiliser would be more appropriate than shampoo!
    Last edited by NowAndThen; 7th August 2010 at 09:54 AM. Reason: spelling error

View pearlygirl555's Feedback (+203)
    All-About pearlygirl555
    View pearlygirl555's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'll confess....still no shampoo, still pleased with the results a year later
    "You're a guest of nature.....so behave!"

Thread Information