Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Record collectors guide book question

Default Record collectors guide book question

I have come across a record that is listed in the book, but yet there is no price. I have read the info pages in the book too, but there is no explanation as to why it would be listed yet not show a price.

the record in question is Status Quo and ref Quo 15

Quote Originally Posted by raindropsies2 View Post
    I have come across a record that is listed in the book, but yet there is no price. I have read the info pages in the book too, but there is no explanation as to why it would be listed yet not show a price.

Had a look around various vinyl selling sites and GOING DOWN TOWN TONIGHT Quo 15 is generally listed for around £2 - £4 it was a minor hit in the eighties so there would be large quantities pressed, it came in a picture sleeve. A couple of American sites list it in double figures (dollars).

Cheers Mel

It was going to be released as a single, but the record company change their mind and decided to put it on the album Back to Back.

below is a snippet Taken from an article, regarding the release of the album

Too Close To The Ground: Parfitt/Bown
    This is another great track a nice slow blues type number with great lyrics. This was going to be released but in the end the record company decided not to. Unfortunalty this track also was the cause of some disagreement as Rick wanted to sing it but Francis did. Rating 10/10

Hope it helps
    Welcome to Wonderland

SantasWonderland DVD Grotto

SantasWonderland Vinyl & CD Grotto

All round entertainment, not just for Christmas

Join EBID now and join in all the fun yourself

Just got around to checking in Guiness book of British hit singles;

Status Quo Going down town tonight QUO15

Entered chart on 19th May 1984

Highest chart position # 20

On chart for 6 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by booksntings View Post
    Had a look around various vinyl selling sites and GOING DOWN TOWN TONIGHT Quo 15 is generally listed for around £2 - £4 it was a minor hit in the eighties so there would be large quantities pressed, it came in a picture sleeve. A couple of American sites list it in double figures (dollars).

Cheers Mel
    Quote Originally Posted by booksntings View Post
    Just got around to checking in Guiness book of British hit singles;

Status Quo Going down town tonight QUO15

Entered chart on 19th May 1984

Highest chart position # 20

On chart for 6 weeks
    Quote Originally Posted by Santa45 View Post
    It was going to be released as a single, but the record company change their mind and decided to put it on the album Back to Back.

below is a snippet Taken from an article, regarding the release of the album

Too Close To The Ground: Parfitt/Bown
    This is another great track a nice slow blues type number with great lyrics. This was going to be released but in the end the record company decided not to. Unfortunalty this track also was the cause of some disagreement as Rick wanted to sing it but Francis did. Rating 10/10

Hope it helps
    I have the normal quo 15 listed, but it's the one in the book with no price that I am on about.

Just intrigued as to why there is no price in the book

Is the record a 7" inch single as follows:

84 vertigo quo 15 Too Close To The Ground/I Wonder Why (released cancelled) as listed in the 2008 record Collector?

Not sure why no price listed? even if their not sure any were pressed, there's still a guide price as a rule? Have you looked on their web site.
    Welcome to Wonderland

Quote Originally Posted by Santa45 View Post
    Is the record a 7" inch single as follows:

84 vertigo quo 15 Too Close To The Ground/I Wonder Why (released cancelled) as listed in the 2008 record Collector?

Not sure why no price listed? even if their not sure any were pressed, there's still a guide price as a rule? Have you looked on their web site.
    Yes thats the one.

Paul has took it to some guy to see what he says. In the mean time i'll look on the website ( I didn't realise until now that they had one, but it's on the back cover of the book)

Yes thats the one.

Paul has took it to some guy to see what he says. In the mean time i'll look on the website ( I didn't realise until now that they had one, but it's on the back cover of the book)
    Looks like the techy guys done some out of hours pressing again?

Makes sense to take it to a dealer or two sorry I couldn't be of more use
    Welcome to Wonderland

Forum Lurker
    Galloway Township, New Jersey, United States
    View bonric's Feedback (+348)
    All-About bonric
    View bonric's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi,
    What is this web site that helps you price records? Would it help with misprinted (double print/no print) records?
    Thanks!
    Bon

Quote Originally Posted by bonric View Post
    Hi,
    What is this web site that helps you price records? Would it help with misprinted (double print/no print) records?
    Thanks!
    Bon

Hi
    Try www.recordcollectormag.com/
    You can buy the reccord collector book for about £18.00 which gives you the prices and loads of information, it also has some prices on misprinted records.

I have never been on the web site so don't know what information they have on there?
    Welcome to Wonderland

Thread Information