Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ebid not making the most of its resources

Ken

I know people who do £49.99 in listing fees a day on eBay. I do not know what a signature link is and how to do it, People are looking for the item's I am selling not what I post on the notice board, However I agree with the principal they might visit my listings out of curiosity. I also in the free ads put you might get a better bargain by bidding for it on Ebid but most of the time it is sold in the free ad because it is a bargain and they do not want to lose it.

Graham

View banrigh's Feedback (+2949)
    All-About banrigh
    View banrigh's Listings
    Forum Posts

Buyers don't know the difference between a free ad or a gallery ad. With only 2 auctions running, you are getting lost in the thousands of items that are listed.
    A signature link is a tag you can add to your forum posts that will take it to your auction item, store or your about me page.
    As to your previous comment about free hosting from a server. Where are those? That isn't possible with a site of this size. Most non-profit websites don't get that luxury.

Quote Originally Posted by banrigh View Post
    Buyers don't know the difference between a free ad or a gallery ad. With only 2 auctions running, you are getting lost in the thousands of items that are listed.
    A signature link is a tag you can add to your forum posts that will take it to your auction item, store or your about me page.
    As to your previous comment about free hosting from a server. Where are those? That isn't possible with a site of this size. Most non-profit websites don't get that luxury.
    With the free ad I think we are talking at cross purposes when I say free ad I am talking of the free news papers that are delivered in the UKweekly and cost nothing to get and nothing to advertise in unless you are commercial and sites like gum tree (which I believe is Ebay driven), Friday free ads, preloved.co.uk

I am not sure if it is Google or Amazon seller plus listings are up loaded to, Are you telling me it costs Ebid to up load to the seller plus listings for which they only get a on off fee for, surely if it cost Ebid money to up load to this site they would be looking to recuperate it, and at the moment the only source of regular renewable money that that is comming in is FVF which they only get from the seller only.As I have over the last year not seen a massive uptake of seller plus sales in the UK.

Thanks for the info on the tag that can be link to my page.Will look in to how it is done

Graham

View banrigh's Feedback (+2949)
    All-About banrigh
    View banrigh's Listings
    Forum Posts

Graham,
    I know things seem difficult and many sellers want eBid to be greedbay. But its not and I find it refreshing.
    Just some words of advice:
    If you have been paying for being a seller, read the fine print. What you have paid will go towards an upgrade to seller+. You may find it will cost you very little to upgrade.

List more items. The internet is loaded with sellers and millions of items. You have to compete.

I push hard every day and yes, I do sell daily. Some days small amounts, other days much more.

If you are advertising in the free ads, promote your business, not just an item for sale. Sad to say, here in the states, many publications such as that have gone by the wayside.

eBid is growing, but they have to learn to walk well before they can run.
    A new website revamp will be coming soon.

Just remember, you are a business if you are planning to sell or auction items on a regular basis. Its up to you how much you want to put into it. You have to spend money to make it. No one has made thousands off of doing nothing or investing zero.

Quote Originally Posted by cheap2clear View Post
    With the free ad I think we are talking at cross purposes when I say free ad I am talking of the free news papers that are delivered in the UKweekly and cost nothing to get and nothing to advertise in unless you are commercial and sites like gum tree (which I believe is Ebay driven), Friday free ads, preloved.co.uk

I am not sure if it is Google or Amazon seller plus listings are up loaded to, Are you telling me it costs Ebid to up load to the seller plus listings for which they only get a on off fee for, surely if it cost Ebid money to up load to this site they would be looking to recuperate it, and at the moment the only source of regular renewable money that that is comming in is FVF which they only get from the seller only.As I have over the last year not seen a massive uptake of seller plus sales in the UK.

Thanks for the info on the tag that can be link to my page.Will look in to how it is done

Graham

You seem to not know a great deal about eBid & their pricing at all.

Seller Level costs nothing to join & has a 3% fvf. A seller account is very basic, it only has integrated invoicing if you have a Pppay account. You cannot open a shop, or list in the BuyNow format.

Because a number of Seller's wanted the option to have more bells & whistles available to them, without paying for the full upgrade to Seller+, eBid introduced platinum auctions, these give many of the options that Seller+ members have for a low listing fee (An increased fvf was discussed at the time but those who pushed for it, decided they preferred the low listing fee instead)

Seller+ membership can be bought for a one off lifetime fee (currently a special offer of 49.99, this offer is soon to end, according to the last newsletter), or as a subscription. If you go the subscription route, any subscription you pay is deducted from the lifetime fee, if you choose to upgrade.

Once you have upgraded, you can if you wish list for free.
    The majority of Seller + members choose to use gallery listings which do incur a 2% fvf, so eBid does get regular revenue from the majority of Seller+ members.

I tried advertising in Loot, friday Free Ads etc, but my ads were rejected because I'm seen as a business, this seems to vary regionally because some members in other parts of the UK did get their ads accepted. If I got that reaction, I'd imagine eBid would get the same.

It's google products/shopping that eBid upload qualifying listings to, the criteria for what is accepted is set by google, not eBid, yes this is done as part of your membership, so is available to seller + & sellers who run platinum listings.
    Last edited by Gothicina; 13th July 2009 at 04:45 PM.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

6793 Auctions Found For Popular Auctions

All with bids on @ 2% or 3% FVF (gallery) + extras on some of them ie Bold, highlight etc = extra revenue

Quite a bit of revenue coming in I would say.

I did notice quite a few run until sold with bids on

x

Thread Information