Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Do tatoos hurt?

View pearlygirl555's Feedback (+203)
    All-About pearlygirl555
    View pearlygirl555's Listings
    Forum Posts

Has she looked at some of the amazing tattoo artwork that people have already gotten? In addition to the plethora of online images, she could certainly go to the studio and ask to see examples of the artists work.
    "You're a guest of nature.....so behave!"

Quote Originally Posted by SayItWithCards View Post
    I'd like to ask peeps to take a look at my profile pic . . .I dont think I look like a drunken drug abusing individual
    I think I look quite 'normal' or am I mistaken?
    Anyway, what I'm tryin to say here is that books shouldn't be judged by their covers, same goes for people

Thats it - you look like a normal every day happy person.

Same with me link to pic. and I've got a tattoo on my left upper arm of a rose with butterfly - that starts right at the top and goes down a couple of inches above the elbow.

I had it done when I was about 27. Old enough to know better? Perhaps - but I also was old enough to realise that a tattoo - once its in place is there for the duration, and old enough to pick a design that I could live with and would grow old gracefully with me. I must admit, I haven't regretted having it done.

At formal dinners I sometimes enhance it with those little sticky on jewels, and make it into part of my outfit - works well, especially if its all colour co-ordinated - but most of the time, I ignore it. If I want to wear short sleeve, or strapless I will and do - the tattoo is part of me - I don't have a problem with it - if others do, then that is their problem not mine. In a sense its no different to scars that I have on my arms, fingers and legs through accidents. They're there, a part of me and can't be removed. I'm no more concious of my tattoo than I am of my scars.

The majority of members of the RE Association where we are active members who are in their 70's and 80's and of perhaps an age where they could complain are also wise enough to know that it is only decoration and a part of me.
    Last edited by BabsnRay; 14th July 2009 at 04:51 PM.
    Babz

Sewing Room Creations - for hand crafted gift ideas & doll accessories.

Quote Originally Posted by XCESSBAGGAGE View Post
    Glad you said that!

She is an artist, so she can design her own.

I never thought of that, Wonder if she has~

Mine is a design that I made up myself with the help of the artist that did the work.

That would be a good way for her to go - and yourself to if you decide to have one.

More people nowadays have tattoos than they did say 20 yr ago, and then 20 yr before that. Tattoo studios have design or pattern sheets, but to be different and stand out - use your own designs and when the artist has done the work, make sure you bring your design home with you so no one else can have the same done.
    Babz

Sewing Room Creations - for hand crafted gift ideas & doll accessories.

View minkyrra's Feedback (+1752)
    All-About minkyrra
    View minkyrra's Listings
    Forum Posts

i dont have any but have and do consider it

i know someone who actually enjoys having tattoos done, finds it quite therapeutic

i wouldnt say he had a high pain threshold either

my sister had one done and said it was like an annoying pain as the needle moved in and out and had to grit her teeth and wanted to tell them to stop midway

goodluck xcess lol

More of a stinging sensation really, but when outline is done

you dont feel the colouring in.

Across bone is said to be painful, and inside arms

this is why I opted to have this tat finish before it went under my arm lol

At the end of the day it is up to each their own.
    Just because I don't particularily want or have any Doesn't mean I haven't seen some very good ones.
    (in my job I have seen them all )
    I never judge people because of how they look or what they have on their bodies.
    I meet & get to talk to a wide range of people.
    They have very interesting stories to tell about tattoos piercing ect.
    Some do regret them buts lots don't.
    It is a personal thing to everyone who has or hasn't got them.

I wouldn't reccomend them, just because I have seen them on the older person & the ones I have seen don't look good (Just MO)

I wouldn't mind a Celtic ring around my wrist.

Bet that WOULD hurt~[/QUOTE]

The wrist is quite a boney area so I should imagine it may be more 'painful' than a fleshier place.
    I have a small dragon on my thigh, a small butterfly with flowers and a heart on the top of my left b----e and a larger one of Merlin top of right arm.
    I love Judes tattoo though - very nice.
    One thing I would say though is be 200% sure you want them, its more painful to get them removed I should think.

View shezz's Feedback (+360)
    All-About shezz
    View shezz's Listings
    Forum Posts

ok piccy of my tats, one on each shoulder, no one really notices them untill i have a strappy top on, the letters in the first one are P J D that stands for Peter, Jason and Danny, my 3 boys, and the name over the butterfly is Maria, in memory of my neice

Last edited by shezz; 14th July 2009 at 07:08 PM.
    Life is serious but taking it too seriously robs you of
    happiness, fun and productivity

Guy I worked with had great tats on his arms, maybe 5x12", eagles or some guy stuff and claimed it did not hurt much. However when he described how the area crusted over and that "crust" dropped off in the shower I vowed NEVER to get near a tattoo needle!

Good luck.

View playtowin's Feedback (+704)
    All-About playtowin
    View playtowin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SayItWithCards View Post
    I'd like to ask peeps to take a look at my profile pic . . .I dont think I look like a drunken drug abusing individual
    I think I look quite 'normal' or am I mistaken?
    Anyway, what I'm tryin to say here is that books shouldn't be judged by their covers, same goes for people
    i just looked and you look lovely!

i dont have tatoos but have considered it - i wanted something with my childrens names.
    as for pain- i've delivered 4 kids- surely it cant be that bad

Thread Information