Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Jumping ship from *bay......

Quote Originally Posted by queenslancer View Post
    Heard the latest from Feebay's Policy Department - Current UK Military Badges they say are Law Enforcement Item's. Which must have been made by a complete dork, who know's nothing at all about Badges, Military or otherwise.

Listings that breached their policy on law enforcement badges, are removed by them from their site.

How can your Listings breach their policy?

List a badge or ID which isn't allowed on Feebay. Genuine or fake badges and identification cards for the police, fire brigade, ambulance services, and private or public security services may not be listed on Feebay.

Items that aren't allowed include (but aren't limited to):

- Current or recent police/emergency services badges
    - Military and international equivalents (i.e., Interpol) What!!!
    - Replica and fake badges
    - Badges issued by private security companies

So why are they pulling perfectly legitimate UK Military Badges which have nothing what soever to do with Law Enforcement?

Is this a sign of meltdown on the Darkside of Feebay?

When I have been trading in old and new badges for over 6 years on their site, with very little problem until recently.

No rational explaination from them just threats to ex-communicate you if you do it again, is that anyway to treat honest hardworking sellers, farewell Feebay!!!
    I got my my handy-dandy little P*wer Up booklet from them in today's mail, and just shook my head. They're beyond messed up. One of the dumber decisions is that the battalion of new Top Rated Sellers will be required to comply with the more stringent minimum standards in October, while the rest of the peons will have until April. Woohoo! guess you know I'm going to be lobbying for that Top Rated designation--NOT. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by blundellbrundle View Post
    I get what you are saying, and it might very well be the way to go.
    I certainly appreciate the advice.

Of course, on a side note, another reason I never used it over at the other site was the double insertion fee you had to pay for the priviledge of using it.
    I actually didnt realise it did that, but a couple of times auctions had finished and people contacted me, asking if I would sell it to them as they missed the chance to bid before the auction closed.
    It was only after I did this a couple of times that I noticed it not only charges a fee on the listing price, but also the buy it now price.

The more I used that site, the more I hated it.

Oh, don't I know it blundel.

Here there is no charge for the BIN feature! Sweet, isn't it? LOL

Unhappy Misuse of Policy or Grey Area?

Quote Originally Posted by queenslancer View Post
    Heard the latest from Feebay's Policy Department - Current UK Military Badges they say are Law Enforcement Item's. Which must have been made by a complete dork, who know's nothing at all about Badges, Military or otherwise.

Listings that breached their policy on law enforcement badges, are removed by them from their site.

How can your Listings breach their policy?

List a badge or ID which isn't allowed on Feebay. Genuine or fake badges and identification cards for the police, fire brigade, ambulance services, and private or public security services may not be listed on Feebay.

Items that aren't allowed include (but aren't limited to):

- Current or recent police/emergency services badges
    - Military and international equivalents (i.e., Interpol) What!!!
    - Replica and fake badges
    - Badges issued by private security companies

So why are they pulling perfectly legitimate UK Military Badges which have nothing what soever to do with Law Enforcement?

Is this a sign of meltdown on the Darkside of Feebay?

When I have been trading in old and new badges for over 6 years on their site, with very little problem until recently.

No rational explaination from them just threats to ex-communicate you if you do it again, is that anyway to treat honest hardworking sellers, farewell Feebay!!!
    Latest from Feebay Policy Department/

Hello (Name supplied),

Thank you for contacting us regarding your concern about military
    badges. I understand your unhappiness for the issue.

Please note that military items are considered as an governmental items which are taken in one of our policy i.e. Law Enforcement Items. At the request of military and government bodies we are obliged to remove all the items which are connected to them with the only exception of being obsolete. None of our rules are changed with few amendments as updated from government which is our basis to remove the items on FeeBay. So, we do not need any proof from your side as we are being updated regularly form both military and government bodies and simultaneously we update you.

If you still want to list such items I suggest you to read our policy
    for the exception by copying this link into a new browser window:

(hyperlink supplied)

Thank you again for your e-mail, I trust that this information answers
    all your concerns and clarifies our policy on listing police/ military
    related items on FeeBay.

Kind regards,

(Name supplied)
    FeeBay Trust & Safety

So why are Feebay still allowing listings of Current Military Badges/Uniforms whether they be Military or Police?

Since when did Her Majesty's Forces (RN/ARMY & RAF) become Law Enforcement/Police Units's?

Can anyone advise us who in Her Majesty's Government we need to contact to get to the bottom of this situation, because dealing with Feebay's Policy Department is like dealing with a bad Dentist, one visit and you don't want to repeat the performance/situation.
    Last edited by queenslancer; 12th September 2009 at 01:06 PM.
    All the best from T & V Collectables ...

Serious collectables for avid collectors...

MILITARY BADGES

Selling a varied range of collectables to the serious Militaria Collector - Military Capbadges, Collar Badges, Shoulder Titles & Cloth Patches.

Why not checkout our other eBid Stores
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/TV-Collectables-Film-Memorabilia

Forum Newbie
    View cardseller09's Feedback (+16)
    All-About cardseller09
    View cardseller09's Listings
    Forum Posts

To all sellers who are a bit disgruntled that items are not going here, if you have a good buyer base on the kill a seller site why dont you just email each buyer indivdually, tell them you are here give them a link direct to your auction pages here and explain why you are not selling there.
    Use them as an advertising tool only, next month all UK sellers will be hit with the "we're giving your money away scam!" so use it for the items that are cheap and quick to list and get all the decent buyers from there.

Forum Newbie
    View cardseller09's Feedback (+16)
    All-About cardseller09
    View cardseller09's Listings
    Forum Posts

I wonder what all the shareholders think of this, or are they just being shown a predicted bottom line?
    You have Meg Whitmans ideas coming from John Donowhore mouth, 2 people who have destroyed a great site, they are killing all indivdual sellers and small business ones and basicaly leaving it a site for those companies that can afford to use ebay as 1 avenue of sales.
    I wonder who could be on the boards of those companies that are waiting to flood ebay with their rubbish, a certain Meg and John maybe.
    once they have ebay to themseleves then we'll see some changes to the balance between buyer and seller there.

On the dark side forums are full of 2 major compalints..New Top Rated seller and 99p free listings...The New Top Rated Seller like the free package and posting is all about money, when you offer free postage you are paying eBay fees...wow clever feebay...with the new top rated seller if you don't jump all the hoops then you don't get the well earned discount or only a percentage...more money for the money grabbing mits of FEEbay...Worse still how easy will it be now to destroy a business in terms of getting rid of all of their FVF discounts ...just buy from a private account and leave low DSRS in each category.....more money for FEEbay....but FEEbay don't care because the share holders money is derived from P+YPAL so as long as people sell FEEBay shareholders will make money as P+YPal is by far the most used method of payment....Look out Ebid FeeBay are doing you a favour and forcing out all of their power sellers ....me included....when 100% positive feedback with DSR's of over 4.8 is not enough then it is time to look elsewhere...THANKYOU EBID for being here as an alternative...I am emailing all of my FEEBAy customers and recommending they look here...lol
    Alex

For all your emergency and survival needs as well as 1 off deals.

Forum Newbie
    Lactodorum, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View giftsaplenty's Feedback (+813)
    All-About giftsaplenty
    View giftsaplenty's Listings
    Forum Posts

I`m in the middle of getting my first Bulk Upload sorted. I`ve got everything in place except column F.
    Ok, I bulk uploaded the pictures I want to use. So now I do what? Go to my gallery, find each picture URL, highlight it and copy said URL into coloumn F?
    Oh, how I wish I was that kid on the adverts:
    ""Hi, I`m Ben, I`m 6 years old and I`m a PC""
    All I can say is `Hi I`m Pat, I`m 57 years old, and I`m a PC (Permanently Confused)

Thread Information