eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What is the one food you would never eat?

"studzienina"

Wouldn't touch it as a kid....
    Wont touch it as an old man....

" Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who didn't. "
    Ben Franklin

http://us.ebid.net/stores/JerseyDevi...-and-Militaria

http://us.ebid.net/stores/JerseyDevil-COMICS

http://us.ebid.net/stores/JerseyDevi...CTCs-and-Games

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyDevil View Post
    "studzienina"

Wouldn't touch it as a kid....
    Wont touch it as an old man....
    Google, google, google....

"Polish Head Cheese"

Hum, brain... Love it in a vinaigrette with lots of shallots... Sorry but I was born in a French farm, where animals are eaten from head to toe and I love it... All the off-all are great, they have no bones in them I am sorry, I must sound dreadful to the majority of you...
    Last edited by cpeuf1; 6th August 2009 at 07:07 PM.
    Caroline

Just click on the following link to see my auctions.
    http://uk.three.ebid.net/perl/main.c...er&go=%A0Go%A0

View TexasAda's Feedback (+635)
    All-About TexasAda
    View TexasAda's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes it's thrifty and frugal to eat the maximum of an animal that we kill for food. In my past when I ate meat I also ate beef liver for the iron and B vitamins, and beef heart occasionally. It has a GREAT flavor. I have eaten sweetbreads (thymus gland), brains and kidney, and who knows what else....maybe i'm trying to forget them all...

But ever since the mad cow scare i have scrupulously avoided any portion of the central nervous system, that I can. Have to confess i now eat an occasional hamburger and realize that is a gamble as to what's in it.

I would NOT knowingly eat brain, liver or any other offal now also because of the way animals are raised on factory farms, injected with antibiotics and growth hormones and crowded in miserably. Too bad, because in the good old days organ meats provided very valuable nutrients to physically hard working people.

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm a non-meat-eater, but I fully support the idea that if you're going to any part of an animal, you should eat all of it. Not in one sitting, of course.

Cow-cods soup!

(A 'men-only' Jamaican concoction, guaranteed to put lead in your pencil - so 'secret' that women aren't allowed to touch the pan!)

I hate snails and whelks! (But frogs legs are excellent!)
    Why not take a quick look at my Stores?

Find all kinds of books HERE

Find 'Plus Size' Clothes HERE

Find NEW tiny Baby Stuff HERE

Find 'Bits & Bobs' HERE

Quote Originally Posted by TexasAda View Post
    Yes it's thrifty and frugal to eat the maximum of an animal that we kill for food. In my past when I ate meat I also ate beef liver for the iron and B vitamins, and beef heart occasionally. It has a GREAT flavor. I have eaten sweetbreads (thymus gland), brains and kidney, and who knows what else....maybe i'm trying to forget them all...

But ever since the mad cow scare i have scrupulously avoided any portion of the central nervous system, that I can. Have to confess i now eat an occasional hamburger and realize that is a gamble as to what's in it.

I would NOT knowingly eat brain, liver or any other offal now also because of the way animals are raised on factory farms, injected with antibiotics and growth hormones and crowded in miserably. Too bad, because in the good old days organ meats provided very valuable nutrients to physically hard working people.
    Liver is indeed the best meat to top up your iron intake and one great British dish: liver and onions with bacon. Yum! A great winter dish that warms up your cockles... Actually, with the weather we are having today, I feel like I could have some!!
    Caroline

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    I'm a non-meat-eater, but I fully support the idea that if you're going to any part of an animal, you should eat all of it. Not in one sitting, of course.
    Actually most meat eaters who eat sausages or pate eat a great chunk of the bits they would not eat as a dish on their own as this is where some of the offals end up.
    Caroline

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cpeuf1 View Post
    Actually most meat eaters who eat sausages or pate eat a great chunk of the bits they would not eat as a dish on their own as this is where some of the offals end up.
    Indeed. Many people seem to think that on an ingredients list "beef" means "steak". *hollow laugh*

I've always liked the way Terry Practchett has his sausage seller specify not pork, but "genuine pig parts" for his ingredients.

Hayling Island, Hampshire, United Kingdom
    View Fossy's Feedback (+826)
    All-About Fossy
    View Fossy's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by minx41 View Post
    Fossy, that really sucks.....................

But not through a straw as the bits of brain clog it up.

Someone else mentioned Snails - lovely in Garlic Butter. But as for the Penis Restaurant suggested by hypn0t0ad, think I'll give that one a miss.
    Chris
    (The sex & drugs have gone, but the rock 'n roll lives on)

Listen to Fossy on the Mojo Fingers Blues Show - Every weekday from 7 till 8pm

If Harmonica players don't blow - they suck.

Thread Information