Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: US Site: Pages Freezing Waiting for Google Ads!

View iwiw60's Feedback (+761)
    All-About iwiw60
    View iwiw60's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default US Site: Pages Freezing Waiting for Google Ads!

Holy cow! I waited almost 2.5 minutes for pages to load in the past hour or so. Could the culprit be the fact that the info bar on the lower left of my screen always says:

Waiting for http://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/pagead/ads?...................

Anyone else having this prob?

I used to have that problem on the uk site. I solved it by blocking the google ads at the server. I've not had a problem since.

If you click the 'stop loading' button on your toolbar, that will stop it loading further, I also found that all the important bits of the page were there, just the ads being silly.

All-About iwiw60
    View iwiw60's Listings
    Forum Posts

If you click the 'stop loading' button on your toolbar, that will stop it loading further, I also found that all the important bits of the page were there, just the ads being silly.
    Hazel, I'm using IE8 browser, and don't see that option under File/Edit/View/Favorites/Tools/Help buttons at all. I do see, however, the word 'stop' under the View tab, but wouldn't that stop the entire page from loading out?

View rokins_toys's Feedback (+770)
    All-About rokins_toys
    View rokins_toys's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm having similar problem on shop home page too. Bar says waiting to load etc, then where the ad banner is I get internet explorer could not display the webpage. Then I find the items on that page with pictures, the picture fail to load after so get the red cross syndrome with text which is the picture name!

If I refresh the page, forget it, page goes blank, then whole page goes to internet explorer could not display the webpage! It's ridiculous that some farty little ad that none of us really neads or wants on our pages is causing our shop pages to not load quickly enough or not display at all.

This is going to put potential customers off to some degree if they're having to pee about for a few minutes trying to get a page to load!

Typical google ads screwing things up as usual.. I find it is a temperamental thing too. Sometimes everything loads no porblems, sometimes loading takes forever, so different ads are to blame too for some reason.
    “Doing business without proper advertising is like winking at a girl in the dark. You know what you are doing but nobody else does and the girl doesn't even know you're winking at her either."

All-About iwiw60
    View iwiw60's Listings
    Forum Posts

Typical google ads screwing things up as usual.. I find it is a temperamental thing too. Sometimes everything loads no porblems, sometimes loading takes forever, so different ads are to blame too for some reason.
    Yes, I agree...there are moments when all is well and then BAM! It starts in yet again....very frustrating!

Thread Information