My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: New ps3 console to be sold soon

Thumbs up New ps3 console to be sold soon

It's not just kids stuff. Many adults enjoy gaming also.Big bucks in the gaming industry. New sony ps3 console available soon and has a price drop also.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8208563.stm

Hello John. I spotted it in my technology news so I thought I would post it. I've never sold consoles. Do not want to have a bunch in stock and then watch the price drop. I have good suppliers for games though. I'm sure the PS3 fans will be happy. I have more xbox games than ps3 but hold no preference to one or the other. xbox has a good processor but the early ones were famous for melting down as they run so hot. Sony does not seem to have that problem. Both processor's believe it or not are knockoffs of an old IBM processor. Microsoft had the edge for awhile because of their mountains of gold they were able to buy up alot of the game studios and had a better selection of games. Sony is catching up fast with their game selection now. I have not studied Nintendo's Wii much although I know they make some great execise programs that seem to be popular with the ladies. Also the US military is using some of Wii's wireless technology for their remote control weapons.

never been a lover of xbox, everyone i have spoken to has had trouble with them burning out.I watched your link and it does look cool.I think they are too pricey with the games though.

Well I hope you are not talking about me! I have games listed at below cost to to try and move them. It's all in what the consumer wants. Look how much people will pay for a "designer" purse or clothes. Myself I would not know if a woman carried a 20 dollar purse or a 200 dollar one. They would though. As far as the consoles go xbox has pretty much fixed their problem. The newer models do not seem to melt down anymore. It's because they had the fastest processor available. Just like in personal computers. They are reaching the peak with their benchmark speeds. If you ever compare Intel and AMD processors you will see a 2.0 AMD can be just as fast as a 2.8 Intel. It's because AMD has a shorter fatter pipeline and Intel has a longer thinner one. You have to do some studing on processors to understand it. New technology will over come these hurdles though. Just like when the dual core processors first came out. There was few programs that could actually use the technology as it has to be written into the program code to ultilize dual core technology. All new programs are written for it now. (or most) As it was the newest and lastest thing out everyone wanted them though. Ignorance is bliss. lol Good for new computer sales though.

Forum Newbie
    All-About euujiin
    View euujiin's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have a ps3 for sale if your interested

Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View heatemyfather's Feedback (+53)
    All-About heatemyfather
    View heatemyfather's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by canuckbid View Post
    Well I hope you are not talking about me! I have games listed at below cost to to try and move them. It's all in what the consumer wants. Look how much people will pay for a "designer" purse or clothes. Myself I would not know if a woman carried a 20 dollar purse or a 200 dollar one. They would though. As far as the consoles go xbox has pretty much fixed their problem. The newer models do not seem to melt down anymore. It's because they had the fastest processor available. Just like in personal computers. They are reaching the peak with their benchmark speeds. If you ever compare Intel and AMD processors you will see a 2.0 AMD can be just as fast as a 2.8 Intel. It's because AMD has a shorter fatter pipeline and Intel has a longer thinner one. You have to do some studing on processors to understand it. New technology will over come these hurdles though. Just like when the dual core processors first came out. There was few programs that could actually use the technology as it has to be written into the program code to ultilize dual core technology. All new programs are written for it now. (or most) As it was the newest and lastest thing out everyone wanted them though. Ignorance is bliss. lol Good for new computer sales though.
    Intel still rule the roost though, their i7 processors are pretty awesome. I blame cost cutting decisions made by the people who write the cheques rather than the tech guys, they'll always go with the cheapest possible option and hang the consequences. Reliable bleeding edge high performance always comes at a price.

Oh, and the shorter pipeline is only good for certain types of data, the same goes for longer pipelines, so it's horses for courses and depends entirely on what kind of processing it's used for as to what performance it gives. As you say though, proper programming helps enormously, this is why the PS3 is starting to really shine with the current crop of new games.
    Last edited by heatemyfather; 3rd December 2009 at 12:11 AM.
    My auctions: video games, photography stuff, miniature wargaming hobby bits and pieces
    My eBid stores: Miniature Hobby Store | Old Games
    My eBid adverts page (also home to my free eBid promotional graphics):
    http://www.jonathanmortimer.co.uk/adverts/

Thread Information