My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: hi i am new here help

thanks ,i kinda learned that from the other site and basicly i hate reserves so i start them out as low as i am willing to accept ,so far kinda of a bummer as i got some real nice old systems and items and no one is looking
    i will give this place a good try and hope for the best i really have to do something the other auction place is just stupid with the rules and stuff and to be honest i do see the bottom dropping out over there some time soon

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by jimc126 View Post
    thanks ,i kinda learned that from the other site and basicly i hate reserves so i start them out as low as i am willing to accept ,so far kinda of a bummer as i got some real nice old systems and items and no one is looking
    i will give this place a good try and hope for the best i really have to do something the other auction place is just stupid with the rules and stuff and to be honest i do see the bottom dropping out over there some time soon
    Most of us came over from the darkside and sort of futzed around finding a formula that worked for selling here too. Even though buyers are often the same as on feebay, they act, bid and buy differently.

Now if this was feebay, it would be everyman/woman for themselves, and we ain't going to tell you the tips for starting to sell fast! But this is the friendly place, and we will. Check out past forums for about 20 tips for getting your selling off the ground fast.

Make changes as suggested. If you do not start getting traffic looking at items or actual bids/buys after a short time, make additional changes per our suggestions. But remember, there are millions of items on ebid. Sometimes you will only get ONE chance to attract a potential buyer. If they go away because of something they do not like in your listings/bio page, they may never come back. You want to nail them the first time they stumble onto your items, working out the problems fast is important.

Remember too the holidays are coming up fast and you want to be up and running with polished titles, descriptions, details to take advantage of people shopping early for Xmas. A lot of us are noticing increased sale RIGHT NOW, so it is important to make changes now.

I checked your listings out and suggest:

1. improve your bio page. You do not explain why you have zero feedback but have been a member for 2 years. Buyers will wonder. Best to say that as of Aug 2009 you decided switch to ebid, etc etc. Add a cute picture and some personal info.

2. the shipping thing bothers me too. People here to NOT want to email you and ask for answers to their basic questions. They either want to buy it now or they will just pass your auctions by. I do understand that you sell bigger items, etc, but I think you need to specify exactly what shipping method and how much it will cost the person or have the calculater working. If a buyer has to ask you about shipping, you have to figure out price and email back, you have lost the spontaneous "I am going to buy this neat thing right now". You need to set the hook immediately, not let buyers dangle at the old fishing hole. Make sure to select a shipping method that is cheap, reliable, and familiar to the seller.

3.Offer shipping discount for multiple buys. I give a 25% discount if they buy second item, 30% if they buy a third AND free shipping on 2nd item. Your stuff is heavy, you may not be able to swing this, but offer something as incentive to buy that first item and add a second one. Advertise your sale via your banner ("notices" on right side). Again, be specific, don't say "I give you a discount", say "25% off all items in my electronics store".

If you need any other help, just ask and someone will be happy to help you.

Welcome to ebid and good luck selling here

thanks great advice ,but one question since i use fedex and they do not have it ups is pretty much the same cost
    now when i list it it show the shipping for here 34604 but is it showing it your zip code ?
    and yes you are right i will add i will combine the shipping rates when ever possible

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jimc126 View Post
    thanks great advice ,but one question since i use fedex and they do not have it ups is pretty much the same cost
    now when i list it it show the shipping for here 34604 but is it showing it your zip code ?
    and yes you are right i will add i will combine the shipping rates when ever possible
    It shows my zip code when I check your listings.

x

great that part is working and i took your other advice and added a note that i do combine shipping and a picture
    thanks jim

Thread Information