Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Not nice!

Thumbs down Not nice!

Here's one of those who seeks to undermine eBids attempts to provide a good and fair auction market place (a 'question' I just received) ...

Live Auctions with Questions Requiring Answers From Me Date Asked
    Question To
    Auction
    Question
    Ignore Sun 30 Aug 2009 08:09:32 (BST)
    getitorsellit [0]
    Sturm's Reflections upon The Works of God 1842 (9128875)
    "Hi i'm an ebay member that buy and sells ,I,ve started something interesting . I not trying to harass you but ive started a company that is very much like Ebay but it’s all Free. It’s Free to Join ,Sell & Exchange etc, . But the best bit is if you sell something for £ 20 you get £ 20 as there are no Fees. We earn our money mainly on Advertising . No final Valuation Fees ... Even if you just want to list your Business for all to find = That’s Free As well We have tried to put in some really good features too , Such as you can add anything new or old on a unique bid system, and you can sell things and accept stage payments as well. Plus we have included a Rental system and a Giveaways system to help promote your listings. We’ve tried to pick up on all the bad points of Ebay and make them better. ... There are no silly listing policies either, You can even sell without having a payment gateway if you deal with cash or postal orders, and However we also support all of the payment gateways so you save money by using the cheaper ones.. If you are looking for more exposure it’s got to be worth a look. As when we start advertising you will be found faster as there are less listing compared to Ebay so you’re not battling to get found We are going to start a Massive Advertising campaign in November using the Radio, Paper and TV ..as well as Blogging and Advertising on Social networking sites We are booked in to do a radio Interview on Radio 2 Soon as Getitorsellit.com has been picked for “ Website of the week “ The problem is we are in a catch 22 situation , we need people on the site to make the site interesting, but there is no point of advertising until we have exciting shops like yourselves on . If you want you can also tell your clients that you’re on Getitorsellit.com as they will be saving money , And this helps get awareness of the website . And don’t worry you can join using your eBay / Amazon username, and import your eBay / Amazon feedback. If its sounds ok please at least give a go as what have you got to loose as it’s all Free. ... ( If you click the ebid referrals link in the registration you will get £ 25 credit on the system as well, this is handy for paying for Banner adds etc ) Features Page = ... If you’re not interested then please disregard this email, Thanks for listening Anthony Paul"

Seems like he has been spamming several sellers
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Blackball them and choose to remove Q&A and bids and the question will vanish, and before long they will get banned if you report to admin (support@ebid.net)

Quote Originally Posted by kengillam View Post
    Not surprised a that ... anyway I decided to 'reply' to the Q&A with an appropriate comment that I will not repeat here.

looks like they are already banned

Chester - Le - Street, Durham, United Kingdom
    View Armstrongs's Feedback (+1436)
    All-About Armstrongs
    View Armstrongs's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kengillam View Post
    Yup, me too

Yvonne x

Look here for Crafty Bits

Find the Beamish Bazaar here!

I'M A YDC SUPPORTER!
    Find eBid's monthly charity auctions HERE on the 24th!

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raindropsies View Post
    looks like they are already banned
    They have a line through their name

Very unprofessional behaviour of another site owner to spam this site.

That has put me right off them...will nip off to see if he is promoting anywhere else and see if I can start a fight

Forum Saint
    All-About moonwitch
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by candlebridge View Post
    I did a google on that name... here's the results.
    http://search.conduit.com/Results.as...ctid=CT2203249
    I must be a super pest too then because I promote on directories/blogs/twitter/squidoo/facebook etc

I would call that marketing ---- except the spamming...I won't do anything illegal

Couldn't help myself (curiosity) from looking at his auction website ... seems there is land for rent, motor bikes for sale - and the 'seller'? - the site owner, of course. Hmmm!

Forum Saint
    All-About moonwitch
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by candlebridge View Post
    Hi! The term "Super-pest" is a term of Endearment here (our household) it's not meant to be offend!
    Did someone take offence?....it wasn't me

Thread Information