Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: eb*y write up in the times

View Rednosty's Feedback (+998)
    All-About Rednosty
    View Rednosty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Spot on! The one thing that really really gets my goat with thiefbay is when THEY decide that you can't add any postage (in certain catagories) I am listing some comics there (and here cheaper) and get told the max you can charge for posting is £2.75 This I did the first time and my 20 odd comics sold for 99p and then it cost me £5 to post!! so I lost money! Stupid Rule from a now Stupid Company

Vintage Mechanical and Quartz Watches
    and collectables

Click on the link to enter my store

Why not visit my New Store. Where you will find almost anything

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Rednostys-All-Sorts-Store

View TonyBridger's Feedback (+252)
    All-About TonyBridger
    View TonyBridger's Listings
    Forum Posts

Just another person who thinks he could run eBay better than the actual management can. I wonder why he is just a reporter and not a international company chairman.
    My posts only state my own opinions, unless I've stolen them from someone else

First of all remember that he is a columnist not a proper journalist, so his views are pretty meaningless. He has got it wrong in both the things he sees wrong and right about Ebay, Paypal is convenient, but searching is deliberately distorted to show the things that they want you to see rather than what you want to see. A sign of his credibility was that he was amazed that when he tried to sell a mobile phone, some naughty foreigners tried to scam him.
    Also living in his 'media type' ivory tower he is unaware that the recession has resulted in shops like Poundland and the value ranges in supermarkets seeing off the sellers of run of the mill secondhand items, no matter where. There is still a market for the difficult to find and collectable items, the challenge is to get the word around that it is easier to buy and sell them here on Ebid.

I think that this bloke is putting forward the view of people who are NOT seasoned e-auction users.

It's all very well for people on here ( some of whom have 'migrated' or are still using feebay) to pick this article to pieces, but if they came to feebay as a complete novice, how would they see it, I wonder??

I have no real axe to grind, as I still use feebay ( buying only), but I think he makes some good points.
    Why not take a quick look at my Stores?

Find all kinds of books HERE

Find 'Plus Size' Clothes HERE

Find NEW tiny Baby Stuff HERE

Find 'Bits & Bobs' HERE

View Naturelady's Feedback (+653)
    All-About Naturelady
    View Naturelady's Listings
    Forum Posts

There are good and bad at all sites. My biggest problem with eb@y is there pricing. Going up all the time. Don't protect sellers only buyers. There are a lot of buyers trying to scam sellers and they seem oblivious to this. I still have to sell there ocassionally to make ends meet, but always send a note to purchaser to check out my stores here. Seems to help. My sales here are up.

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JudesNiceThings View Post
    but if they came to feebay as a complete novice, how would they see it, I wonder??
    The same could be said of here.

I found feebay and p*ypal a doddle to use from the word go (about 4 years go) and still do.

I never once needed to go the forums there for help with anything and don't need to now.

On the other hand ...Google checkout and PPPay were both really difficult to use...I still have problems with them now....and I am regularly here in the forums looking for answers that have been posted.

I think the author of that piece researched the writng by reading internet forums. If this was an example of first hand experience then all I can conclude is that some people shouldn't be let loose with a computer.

Thread Information